|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Booker states that efforts to foster community support for his Tuskegee school are:
2. When Booker is schedule to speak in Boston, he's also invited to speak where?
3. As Washington's speaking engagements increase, he becomes aware that he carries a great burden because:
4. Because he's disappointed by how the people of Tuskegee regard Christmas, what does Booker introduce at his school?
5. What does Booker say about calm, self-possessed people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Whether or not he realizes it, Booker T. Washington is an innovator. He makes innovations in teaching methods, school programs, and school curriculum. Describe, in detail, what innovations Booker brings about in education and how he puts them into effect.
Essay Topic 2
Booker helps blacks make tremendous advances. Explain how he helps blacks advance, and how he helps bring blacks and whites together, through the following roles:
1. As a teacher.
2. As a school administrator.
3. As a fund-raiser.
4. As a public speaker.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his life, many people help Booker succeed.
1. Describe some of the people who are influential in helping Booker become a success.
2. How do these people help Booker? Cite specific examples from the book.
3. Describe how the help that Booker receives in turn propels him to help countless others.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)