|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
2. What do Booker and his students discover when they first try to make bricks?
3. Booker points out that those who can't offer his Tuskegee school monetary donations instead offer:
4. What are the names of Booker's two sons?
5. Booker notes that when it comes to giving money to his Tuskegee school, some people:
Short Essay Questions
1. During his speech to a large audience at the Atlanta Exposition, what does Booker focus on?
2. What are some of the things that Booker says about his personal experience with public speaking?
3. Why does Booker feel it was worth his time to travel two thousand miles just to deliver a five-minute speech?
4. Why do Booker and his students launch an effort to make bricks?
5. How long are Booker and his second wife married?
6. Describe Booker's third wife.
7. Who is Rev. Robert C. Bedford?
8. What hardships are experienced when Booker, his staff, and his students launch a boarding program effort at Tuskegee?
9. Give examples of how different people support Tuskegee Institute.
10. Explain why Washington says he feels responsible for the success of Tuskegee Institute.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe the various jobs Booker has as a child, first as a slave on a plantation and later as a free person in his stepfather's town.
2. What hardships does young Booker endure?
3. What lessons does he learn though these hardships?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of Booker's closest friends and colleagues. In what ways do they influence Booker? What important lessons does he learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of teacher is Booker? What makes him stand apart? How does he regard his students? How do his students regard him? In what ways is he an exceptional educator?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)