|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment does Booker say he enjoys the most when giving a speech?
2. What does Booker say about the way that Southerners treat him?
3. Before giving his speech at the 1895 expo, Booker does what?
4. Who becomes Tuskegee Institute's treasurer and substitute principal?
5. What does Booker say about calm, self-possessed people?
Essay Topic 1
Booker is a keen observer of human nature and includes many of his observations in his autobiography. Select three observations that he makes about human nature, and describe them in detail. Why does he include this information in his book?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the various jobs Booker has as a child, first as a slave on a plantation and later as a free person in his stepfather's town.
2. What hardships does young Booker endure?
3. What lessons does he learn though these hardships?
Essay Topic 3
The author spends some time discussing race relations.
1. Summarize a few of the key points Booker makes regarding the interactions, attitudes, and tension between blacks and whites.
2. What negative behaviors and trends does he observe?
3. What positive interactions does he notice between the two races?
4. What conclusions does he reach regarding race relations?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)