|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Washington's third wife?
2. What do donors and supporters of Tuskegee thank Washington for?
3. Why does Washington travel with Armstrong throughout larger Northern cities?
4. Booker points out that those who can't offer his Tuskegee school monetary donations instead offer:
5. Who is Robert C. Bedford?
Short Essay Questions
1. Booker demands cleanliness from his students. What one item does he insist everyone have?
2. When he's not working, what does Booker enjoy doing?
3. Give examples of how different people support Tuskegee Institute.
4. Who is Rev. Robert C. Bedford?
5. What hardships are experienced when Booker, his staff, and his students launch a boarding program effort at Tuskegee?
6. When asking potential donors for money for a particular building, what other information does Booker share with them?
7. During his speech to a large audience at the Atlanta Exposition, what does Booker focus on?
8. Who are Booker T. Washington's sons?
9. Why does Booker go to Europe?
10. How long are Booker and his second wife married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What legacy does Booker T. Washington leave behind? How would you say that his life's work contributes to education and race relations today?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout his life, many people help Booker succeed.
1. Describe some of the people who are influential in helping Booker become a success.
2. How do these people help Booker? Cite specific examples from the book.
3. Describe how the help that Booker receives in turn propels him to help countless others.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of Booker's closest friends and colleagues. In what ways do they influence Booker? What important lessons does he learn from them?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)