|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
2. Washington travels two thousand miles to give a five-minute speech to whom?
3. Who is Booker's second wife?
4. "Porter Hall" at Tuskegee Institute is named after whom?
5. In "Raising Money," after his meeting with a man whom he expected would donate to his school, how does Booker feel?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Booker T. Washington's life as a child and a slave with his life as an adult and an educator.
Essay Topic 2
Booker develops and maintains strong work ethics and high standards.
1. Describe Booker's work ethics. How do they help him reach success?
2. What standards does Booker live by? How do these standards help him accomplish great things in his life? Cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Through his lifetime of work, Booker not only lifts himself up also but creates opportunities for countless blacks.
1. Citing examples, show how Booker helps blacks advance during the post-Civil War era and into the twentieth century.
2. Explain how holding on to his values and living his passion enable Booker to help countless people.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)