Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
2. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
3. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
5. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
Booker lives a remarkable life, going from being a slave to being a successful educator whose school is visited by the President of the United States.
1. Describe what Booker thinks about going from poverty and slavery to reaching such great heights.
2. How does he earn the respect he deserves?
What legacy does Booker T. Washington leave behind? How would you say that his life's work contributes to education and race relations today?
Citing specific examples from the book, explain how the following influence Booker's work:
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)