Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
2. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
3. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
5. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
Citing specific examples from the book, explain how the following influence Booker's work:
Booker helps blacks make tremendous advances. Explain how he helps blacks advance, and how he helps bring blacks and whites together, through the following roles:
1. As a teacher.
2. As a school administrator.
3. As a fund-raiser.
4. As a public speaker.
Booker is a keen observer of human nature and includes many of his observations in his autobiography. Select three observations that he makes about human nature, and describe them in detail. Why does he include this information in his book?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)