|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington tells potential donors that money donated for a specific building at Tuskegee secures materials and:
2. Booker is invited to serve on what kind of board?
3. Before giving his speech at the 1895 expo, Booker does what?
4. Booker notes that when it comes to giving money to his Tuskegee school, some people:
5. Booker's trip to Europe is his first vacation in how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long are Booker and his second wife married?
2. Describe the attempt by Booker and his students to build a kiln for baking bricks.
3. When asking potential donors for money for a particular building, what other information does Booker share with them?
4. Booker demands cleanliness from his students. What one item does he insist everyone have?
5. Who is Rev. Robert C. Bedford?
6. Give examples of how different people support Tuskegee Institute.
7. What important lesson does Booker T. Washington say he learns from General Armstrong?
8. How does a mill owner help out Booker's Tuskegee school?
9. Who are Booker T. Washington's sons?
10. How is Booker's speech at the Atlanta Exposition received?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are Booker's thoughts on education as a child? As a teen? As a young man studying to be a teacher? As a young teacher? As the director of a school?
2. How does Booker's philosophy on education evolve over time? In what ways do his ideas remain unchanged?
Essay Topic 2
Booker develops and maintains strong work ethics and high standards.
1. Describe Booker's work ethics. How do they help him reach success?
2. What standards does Booker live by? How do these standards help him accomplish great things in his life? Cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Booker T. Washington's life as a child and a slave with his life as an adult and an educator.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)