|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
2. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
3. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
5. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
Essay Topic 1
1. What are Booker's thoughts on education as a child? As a teen? As a young man studying to be a teacher? As a young teacher? As the director of a school?
2. How does Booker's philosophy on education evolve over time? In what ways do his ideas remain unchanged?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Booker T. Washington's life as a child and a slave with his life as an adult and an educator.
Essay Topic 3
Whether or not he realizes it, Booker T. Washington is an innovator. He makes innovations in teaching methods, school programs, and school curriculum. Describe, in detail, what innovations Booker brings about in education and how he puts them into effect.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)