|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
2. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
3. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
5. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of Booker's closest friends and colleagues. In what ways do they influence Booker? What important lessons does he learn from them?
Essay Topic 2
Through his lifetime of work, Booker not only lifts himself up also but creates opportunities for countless blacks.
1. Citing examples, show how Booker helps blacks advance during the post-Civil War era and into the twentieth century.
2. Explain how holding on to his values and living his passion enable Booker to help countless people.
Essay Topic 3
Citing specific examples from the book, explain how the following influence Booker's work:
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)