|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
2. When Booker speaks of the Christmas season, what is his complaint?
3. Who is Robert C. Bedford?
4. Booker states that efforts to foster community support for his Tuskegee school are:
5. Who does Booker visit with while traveling in Europe?
Essay Topic 1
Booker gets the opportunity to travel to Europe with his family. Although at first he is reluctant to leave his work behind, he ends up enjoying the trip immensely.
Describe Booker's trip to Europe. What does he learn from his travels? What captures his attention? How is he received throughout Europe? What ideas does he bring back home?
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the various jobs Booker has as a child, first as a slave on a plantation and later as a free person in his stepfather's town.
2. What hardships does young Booker endure?
3. What lessons does he learn though these hardships?
Essay Topic 3
What legacy does Booker T. Washington leave behind? How would you say that his life's work contributes to education and race relations today?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)