Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Booker's second year at Hampton?
2. Once freed, how do Booker and his family reach their new home to live with his stepfather?
3. Who mentors Booker as he tries to establish a school in Tuskegee?
4. Booker says that even as a very young child, most of his time is spent:
5. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Booker's disappointment in how the people of Tuskegee regard Christmas and what he decides to do to improve the situation.
2. What does Booker T. Washington know about his birth?
3. Explain why Washington says he feels responsible for the success of Tuskegee Institute.
4. What does Booker say that many blacks aspire to during the post-Civil War "Reconstruction Period?"
5. Why does Booker feel it was worth his time to travel two thousand miles just to deliver a five-minute speech?
6. Booker decides it's time for him to go to Hampton. What is Hampton?
7. How is Booker's speech at the Atlanta Exposition received?
8. How does Booker describe the residents of Tuskegee?
9. Describe President McKinley's visit to Tuskegee.
10. What burden does Booker feel he carries as his speaking engagements increase?
Citing specific examples from the book, explain how the following influence Booker's work:
Describe Booker's family, including his mother, siblings, wives, and children. How does he feel toward them? How do they work together?
Booker develops and maintains strong work ethics and high standards.
1. Describe Booker's work ethics. How do they help him reach success?
2. What standards does Booker live by? How do these standards help him accomplish great things in his life? Cite specific examples.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)