|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Booker notes that when it comes to giving money to his Tuskegee school, some people:
(a) Give more than they can possibly afford.
(b) Give more often and more generously.
(c) Would rather spend it on their families.
(d) Bring meals instead.
2. What does Booker say about calm, self-possessed people?
(a) They are the most successful.
(b) They make the best teachers.
(c) They make good parents.
(d) They lack drive.
3. Who is Booker's second wife?
(a) Miss Ruthie.
(b) Miss Davidson.
(c) Miss Mackie.
(d) Miss Jefferson.
4. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
5. In "Raising Money," after his meeting with a man whom he expected would donate to his school, how does Booker feel?
(b) As though he wasted his time.
(c) Angry but not defeated.
(d) Very grateful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert C. Bedford?
2. As Booker prepares to speak at the expo in 1895, he feels the weight of responsibility because his audience consists of:
3. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
4. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
5. During the time that a new boarding program is being developed at Tuskegee Institute, challenges include:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)