|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Booker states that efforts to foster community support for his Tuskegee school are:
(a) Met with resistance.
(b) Taking up too much of his time.
2. How does a mill owner help the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Building new desks for the students.
(b) Offering apprenticeships to several of the students.
(c) Providing lumber for a large central building.
(d) Making a very large monetary donation.
3. Who becomes Tuskegee Institute's treasurer and substitute principal?
(a) George Campbell.
(b) Jonathan Armstrong.
(c) Warren Logan.
(d) Lewis Adams.
4. What are the names of Booker's two sons?
(a) Jonathan and Edward.
(b) Lewis and Edison.
(c) Elias and Jacob.
(d) Booker and Ernest.
5. During the time that a new boarding program is being developed at Tuskegee Institute, challenges include:
(a) A strike by the school's teachers.
(b) Having nowhere to cook and no dining hall.
(c) Almost burning down the school.
(d) A shortage of building supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Booker's second wife?
2. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
3. Why does Booker sell his own watch to raise fifteen dollars?
4. Washington tells potential donors that money donated for a specific building at Tuskegee secures materials and:
5. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When he's not working, what does Booker enjoy doing?
2. Describe Booker's third wife.
3. What does Booker say about approaching the very wealthy for support for his school?
4. What burden does Booker feel he carries as his speaking engagements increase?
5. Give examples of how different people support Tuskegee Institute.
6. How do his students treat Booker T. Washington?
7. How is Booker's speech at the Atlanta Exposition received?
8. Booker demands cleanliness from his students. What one item does he insist everyone have?
9. Who is Rev. Robert C. Bedford?
10. When asking potential donors for money for a particular building, what other information does Booker share with them?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)