|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do members of the community buy the bricks made by Booker's students?
(a) The bricks aren't of the best quality, but they are inexpensive.
(b) The community tries to help the school in every way possible.
(c) They are quality bricks, and there is no nearby competition.
(d) The bricks are far superior to what local competitors make.
2. In the chapter "Raising Money," what is the outcome of the meeting Booker has with a man he had been told might be interested in donating to his school?
(a) The man donates a large sum.
(b) The man cuts the meeting short and asks Booker to leave.
(c) The man explains he is no longer wealthy.
(d) The man does not make a donation.
3. Does General Armstrong teach at Tuskegee?
(a) Yes, full-time.
(b) No, but he heads a building project.
(c) Yes, part-time.
(d) No, he's at Hampton.
4. What does Booker say about his school's treasurer?
(a) He is the most qualified man for the job due to his banking background.
(b) He was under suspicion for a time when funds went missing.
(c) He regularly finds innovative ways to raise money for the school.
(d) He is never discouraged and believes in the success of the school.
5. During his big speech in 1895, what does Booker focus on?
(a) The need for good teachers to train the next generation.
(b) The need for blacks and whites to work together.
(c) The people's responsibility towards future generations.
(d) The economic state of the nation's educational system.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his speech at the Atlanta Exposition, Washington says people need to work together to pull the South up, or else:
2. Booker is invited to serve on what kind of board?
3. Booker states that efforts to foster community support for his Tuskegee school are:
4. Before giving his speech at the 1895 expo, Booker does what?
5. What does Booker T. Washington say that General Armstrong teaches him about racial prejudice?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)