Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
(a) He does not recognize them and wonders what they want.
(b) He does not want his girlfriend to become jealous.
(c) He does not want their husbands to become jealous.
(d) He expects to be confronted because he is a black man dining in the white section.
2. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
(a) It is counterproductive.
(b) It is perfectly understandable.
(c) It begins to change.
(d) It doesn't change at all.
3. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) A few months.
(d) Two years.
5. During his travels, what does Booker like to do on the train rides?
(a) Meet new people.
(b) Read and relax.
(d) Rehearse his speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker feel should determine the right to vote?
2. What does Booker say about the way that Southerners treat him?
3. What does Booker say about calm, self-possessed people?
4. Before giving his speech at the 1895 expo, Booker does what?
5. What does Booker say about his school's treasurer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)