|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Booker travels by train and two women recognize him, they insist that he join them for dinner. Why does this worry him?
(a) He does not want their husbands to become jealous.
(b) He does not want his girlfriend to become jealous.
(c) He expects to be confronted because he is a black man dining in the white section.
(d) He does not recognize them and wonders what they want.
2. In his chapter on public speaking, the author expresses that before a speech, he:
(a) Typically rewrites his entire speech.
(b) Never ceases to be nervous.
(c) Practices in front of the mirror.
(d) Takes a warm bath to relax.
3. What does Booker say about his school's treasurer?
(a) He is never discouraged and believes in the success of the school.
(b) He regularly finds innovative ways to raise money for the school.
(c) He is the most qualified man for the job due to his banking background.
(d) He was under suspicion for a time when funds went missing.
4. Regarding the people that Booker approaches to support Tuskegee Institute, he notes that:
(a) Few actually offer funds.
(b) Most consider him to be doing "our work."
(c) Most are uninterested.
(d) Most try to find a polite way to get out of helping.
5. How does a mill owner help the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Offering apprenticeships to several of the students.
(b) Making a very large monetary donation.
(c) Building new desks for the students.
(d) Providing lumber for a large central building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker feel should determine the right to vote?
2. "Porter Hall" at Tuskegee Institute is named after whom?
3. When Booker speaks of the Christmas season, what is his complaint?
4. What moment does Booker say he enjoys the most when giving a speech?
5. Booker is invited to serve on what kind of board?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)