Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Booker's second year at Hampton?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A favorite teacher.
(d) His mother.
2. Once freed, how do Booker and his family reach their new home to live with his stepfather?
(a) Ride mules several hundred miles.
(b) Hitching rides in wagons.
(c) Catch a train.
(d) Walk several hundred miles.
3. Who mentors Booker as he tries to establish a school in Tuskegee?
(a) George W. Campbell, a former slave owner.
(b) George Campbell and Lewis Adams.
(c) Lewis Adams, a former slave.
(d) No one.
4. Booker says that even as a very young child, most of his time is spent:
5. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
Short Answer Questions
1. Booker feels that the people of Tuskegee should be using part of their land for what?
2. Where does Booker go at the end of his second year at Hampton?
3. When Booker is hired as a waiter at a classy restaurant, who chastises him, and why?
4. What does Booker remark regarding the acceptance of Indians by the blacks at Hampton?
5. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Booker's disappointment in how the people of Tuskegee regard Christmas and what he decides to do to improve the situation.
2. What does Booker T. Washington know about his birth?
3. Explain why Washington says he feels responsible for the success of Tuskegee Institute.
4. What does Booker say that many blacks aspire to during the post-Civil War "Reconstruction Period?"
5. Why does Booker feel it was worth his time to travel two thousand miles just to deliver a five-minute speech?
6. Booker decides it's time for him to go to Hampton. What is Hampton?
7. How is Booker's speech at the Atlanta Exposition received?
8. How does Booker describe the residents of Tuskegee?
9. Describe President McKinley's visit to Tuskegee.
10. What burden does Booker feel he carries as his speaking engagements increase?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)