|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do members of the community buy the bricks made by Booker's students?
(a) The bricks aren't of the best quality, but they are inexpensive.
(b) They are quality bricks, and there is no nearby competition.
(c) The bricks are far superior to what local competitors make.
(d) The community tries to help the school in every way possible.
2. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
(b) Extra chores above and beyond the job definition.
(c) Her employees to work very hard.
(d) Precision, order, and honesty.
3. Worrying over his students, Booker often loses:
(a) His appetite.
4. What do the Hampton night school students do during the day?
(a) Take care of their families.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) Tutor other students.
5. In his chapter on public speaking, the author expresses that before a speech, he:
(a) Takes a warm bath to relax.
(b) Practices in front of the mirror.
(c) Never ceases to be nervous.
(d) Typically rewrites his entire speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lewis Adams learn while still in slavery?
2. To start with, how many students does Booker have at his school in Tuskegee?
3. The author tells the story of finding a ten-dollar bill while working at a restaurant. What happens when he shows the money to the proprietor?
4. When Miss Davidson travels to ask for financial support for the Tuskegee Institute, she meets two Northern ladies who agree to donate:
5. According to Washington, what group makes the best audience?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)