|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his big speech in 1895, what does Booker focus on?
(a) The need for blacks and whites to work together.
(b) The economic state of the nation's educational system.
(c) The need for good teachers to train the next generation.
(d) The people's responsibility towards future generations.
2. When Booker wants a cap in order to fit in at his school, what does his mother do?
(a) Makes him a cap out of scrap denim.
(b) Sells her ring to buy him a cap.
(c) Buys less food to save money for a cap.
(d) Tells him to get a second job so he can afford to buy a cap.
3. Who joins Booker as co-teacher at his school in Tuskegee?
(a) Olivia A. Davidson.
(b) George W. Campbell.
(c) Lewis Adams.
(d) Ruthie Smith.
4. How does a mill owner help the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Offering apprenticeships to several of the students.
(b) Making a very large monetary donation.
(c) Building new desks for the students.
(d) Providing lumber for a large central building.
5. Who does Booker visit with while traveling in Europe?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Thomas Edison and Marie Curie.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) Mark Twain and Susan B. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker comment about the schools in Tuskegee?
2. What happens to Booker's second wife?
3. By saving enough money, who does Booker help send to Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute?
4. Why does Booker sell his own watch to raise fifteen dollars?
5. When Booker finally arrives at Hampton and meets the head teacher, what does he tell her?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)