|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the potato bin that Booker describes from his childhood home?
(a) A large outdoor storage bin for holding potatoes to be processed the next day.
(b) A hollowed out spot in the middle of the floor for storing sweet potatoes.
(c) A large closet for storing sweet potatoes to be dried for the winter.
(d) A wooden bin under the porch for drying and storing potatoes.
2. What does Booker purchase to help his students learn more about working with their hands?
(a) The remains of a plantation.
(b) An acre of forest land.
(c) A dilapidated barn.
(d) A defunct restaurant.
3. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
4. At his speaking engagement at the expo in 1895, Booker is:
(a) Booed loudly.
(b) The only southerner invited to speak at the event.
(c) Hailed as a hero.
(d) The only black man invited to speak at the event.
5. How do the people of Tuskegee find Booker to oversee their school?
(a) They ask Miss Mackie for a recommendation.
(b) They send a representative to contact him personally after hearing of his accomplishments.
(c) They advertise in several newspapers in the region.
(d) They write to General Armstrong at Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Booker remarks that too many people use the Christmas season as:
2. When Booker works for Mrs. Ruffner, how much is he paid?
3. During his big speech in 1895, what does Booker focus on?
4. What do donors and supporters of Tuskegee thank Washington for?
5. In Europe, what observation does Booker make about Holland?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)