|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Last Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Davidson travels to ask for financial support for the Tuskegee Institute, she meets two Northern ladies who agree to donate:
(a) Half of their inheritance.
(b) Twenty cents of every dollar they earn.
(c) Four hundred dollars a month.
(d) Six thousand dollars a year.
2. What does Booker nickname the night school he teaches at Hampton?
(a) The Plucky Class.
(b) The Brave Scholars.
(c) The Midnight Crowd.
(d) The Night Owls.
3. What do students learn to do on the property that Booker purchases for his school?
(a) Clean the buildings and plant crops.
(b) Refurbish the building and tend to farm animals.
(c) Restore the building, then prepare and serve food.
(d) Cut down trees and build cabins.
4. Booker explains that many Tuskegee families offered gifts to help out his school. Which gift touched him the most?
(a) A chicken offered by an older man.
(b) Six eggs offered by an older woman.
(c) Two pennies offered by a child.
(d) An accordion offered by a blind man.
5. Who joins Booker as co-teacher at his school in Tuskegee?
(a) Lewis Adams.
(b) George W. Campbell.
(c) Ruthie Smith.
(d) Olivia A. Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university grants Booker an honorary degree?
2. While Booker T. Washington is still teaching at Malden, who contacts him regarding a position at Hampton?
3. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
4. In the chapter "Raising Money," Booker relates the story of being told about a man who might be interested in donating to his school. How does Booker reach the man?
5. What agreement is made so that Booker can spend more time at school?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)