|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Atlanta Exposition Address.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to repay debts Booker's school has accumulated, his co-teacher holds what type of fundraisers?
(a) Bake sales.
(c) Rummage sales.
(d) Reading marathons.
2. At the Tuskegee Institute, Booker absolutely insists that every student have and use a:
(c) Slide rule.
(d) Fountain pen.
3. Does General Armstrong teach at Tuskegee?
(a) Yes, full-time.
(b) No, he's at Hampton.
(c) No, but he heads a building project.
(d) Yes, part-time.
4. How does Booker T. Washington get his last name?
(a) His father gives it to him.
(b) It belonged to his great-grandfather.
(c) He selects it when he starts school.
(d) The county clerk selects it and writes it on his birth certificate.
5. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
(a) It begins to change.
(b) It doesn't change at all.
(c) It is counterproductive.
(d) It is perfectly understandable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
2. Where does Booker go at the end of his second year at Hampton?
3. Who dies at the end of Booker's second year at Hampton?
4. After Booker and his family move into a small cabin with his stepfather in a salt-mining community, what do they discover about their new home?
5. What does Booker say about the way that Southerners treat him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)