|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Atlanta Exposition Address.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help Booker while he's studying at Hampton, who sends him small amounts of money whenever possible?
(a) His mother and stepfather.
(b) His previous employer, Mrs. Ruffner.
(c) His brother John.
(d) His previous teachers.
2. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
(a) The International Northern States Exposition.
(b) The Boston World Exposition.
(c) The Atlanta Cotton States and International Exposition.
(d) The Alabama Agricultural and Industrial Exposition.
3. Why does Booker have his students build the Tuskegee Institute's buildings?
(a) The people he initially hired to construct the buildings took the money and left town.
(b) To save money and teach his students practical skills.
(c) To show them that work is not drudgery when innovative methods are used.
(d) To show the surrounding community that he is committed to making a difference.
4. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
(a) Returns home.
(b) Spends time sightseeing.
(c) Takes a train back to Boston.
(d) Attends a dinner event.
5. How does Booker handle complaints by parents who don't want their students to do manual labor at his school?
(a) He gives the parents a lecture about the benefits of hard work.
(b) He recruits these parents to help with construction projects.
(c) He excuses their children from doing manual labor.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker receive following his Atlanta Exposition speech?
2. In June of 1881, Booker is hired to oversee what kind of school in Tuskegee?
3. What are the names of Booker's two sons?
4. What does Booker feel should determine the right to vote?
5. During the winter months, Mrs. Ruffner allows Booker to spend an hour a day doing what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)