|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Teaching School in a Stable and a Hen House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By saving enough money, who does Booker help send to Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute?
(a) His brother John and his sister Amanda.
(b) His brother John and their adopted brother James.
(c) His sister Amanda and their cousin David.
(d) His adopted brother James and his cousin David.
2. What agreement is made so that Booker can spend more time at school?
(a) His mother will hire a helper for the house.
(b) He will work odd jobs to earn money to pay for school.
(c) His brother and sister will help tend to the sheep.
(d) He will work mornings and afternoons, attending school in between work shifts.
3. Booker says that even as a very young child, most of his time is spent:
4. As a young boy, one of Booker's jobs is what?
(a) Carrying corn to the mill.
(b) Painting fences.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) Taking wheat to the silo.
5. What does Booker observe about individuals educated in more affluent schools where the majority of their needs are met?
(a) They get a better education.
(b) They tend to become spoiled and rude.
(c) They are less prepared to deal with life outside of school.
(d) They are mentally capable but emotionally helpless.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
2. What do students learn to do on the property that Booker purchases for his school?
3. Booker explains that many Tuskegee families offered gifts to help out his school. Which gift touched him the most?
4. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
5. What did Lewis Adams learn while still in slavery?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)