|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Helping Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Booker finally arrives at Hampton and meets the head teacher, what does he tell her?
(a) He's tired, dirty, and ragged from his long journey.
(b) He hasn't had a drink of water or any food for a day and a half.
(c) He promises to be her best student ever.
(d) He's thrilled to be there and ready to learn.
2. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
(a) Her employees to work very hard.
(b) Precision, order, and honesty.
(d) Extra chores above and beyond the job definition.
3. Although he is uncertain of the exact location of his birth, Booker T. Washington believes he was born near a:
(b) Post office.
(d) Train station.
4. The author completes his studies at Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute:
(a) In time to attend his sister's wedding.
(b) With honors.
(c) Owing the school a large sum of money.
(d) Even though half the class fails.
5. What agreement is made so that Booker can spend more time at school?
(a) His brother and sister will help tend to the sheep.
(b) He will work odd jobs to earn money to pay for school.
(c) He will work mornings and afternoons, attending school in between work shifts.
(d) His mother will hire a helper for the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the potato bin that Booker describes from his childhood home?
2. While living with his stepfather, young Booker works:
3. After completing his studies and returning to Malden, Booker is hired to work as a teacher. His workdays start at 8:00 AM and don't end until what time?
4. In addition to teaching day and night classes and doing tutoring, Booker teaches:
5. Shortly after acquiring their freedom, where does the author's family move to?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)