|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Helping Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Booker's brother's name?
2. Why do young Booker and his family live in the plantation's kitchen?
(a) There's probably no room elsewhere on the plantation.
(b) It was a guest house before being converted into a kitchen.
(c) The family most likely is asked to live there.
(d) It's warmer than the cabins on the property.
3. The "T" in Booker T. Washington stands for:
4. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
(a) Extra chores above and beyond the job definition.
(c) Precision, order, and honesty.
(d) Her employees to work very hard.
5. Who dies at the end of Booker's second year at Hampton?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A favorite teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author tells the story of finding a ten-dollar bill while working at a restaurant. What happens when he shows the money to the proprietor?
2. On his way to Hampton, Booker stops at Richmond to earn money for the remainder of his journey. What work does he do in Richmond?
3. As a young boy, one of Booker's jobs is what?
4. When Booker is hired as a waiter at a classy restaurant, who chastises him, and why?
5. When he teaches back home in Malden, what does Booker include in his curriculum for his day classes?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)