|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Secret of Success in Public Speaking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By saving enough money, who does Booker help send to Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute?
(a) His adopted brother James and his cousin David.
(b) His sister Amanda and their cousin David.
(c) His brother John and their adopted brother James.
(d) His brother John and his sister Amanda.
2. The "T" in Booker T. Washington stands for:
3. In the chapter "Boyhood Days," what does Booker say he does in order to get to school on time?
(a) Changes the clock at work.
(b) Runs the entire distance to school.
(c) Wakes up earlier than the rest of his family.
(d) Skips breakfast.
4. While working for Mrs. Ruffner, Booker soon learns that she demands:
(b) Her employees to work very hard.
(c) Precision, order, and honesty.
(d) Extra chores above and beyond the job definition.
5. What does Booker say about his school's treasurer?
(a) He was under suspicion for a time when funds went missing.
(b) He regularly finds innovative ways to raise money for the school.
(c) He is the most qualified man for the job due to his banking background.
(d) He is never discouraged and believes in the success of the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say that all of the newly freed, former slaves want?
2. When Booker is schedule to speak in Boston, he's also invited to speak where?
3. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
4. What job does Booker take to pay for his room and board at Hampton?
5. Booker notes that when it comes to giving money to his Tuskegee school, some people:
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)