|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Secret of Success in Public Speaking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
(a) It doesn't change at all.
(b) It is counterproductive.
(c) It is perfectly understandable.
(d) It begins to change.
2. The author states that those earning seventy-five or a hundred dollars a month were:
(a) Expected to pay higher taxes.
(b) Often in debt by the end of the month.
(c) Considered wealthy.
(d) Regularly asked for monetary help by those earning less.
3. Because he's disappointed by how the people of Tuskegee regard Christmas, what does Booker introduce at his school?
(a) Ethics education.
(b) Bible teachings.
(c) Lessons from major world religions.
(d) History of Christianity.
4. What does Booker receive following his Atlanta Exposition speech?
(a) A basket of flowers.
(b) A threatening letter.
(c) An outpouring of approval.
(d) An invitation to dinner.
5. What project does Booker take over at Hampton?
(a) Building shelters for seventy-five Indians.
(b) Hiring Indians to teach at the school.
(c) Hiring Indians to rebuild the school.
(d) Overseeing the education of seventy-five Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker observe about individuals educated in more affluent schools where the majority of their needs are met?
2. What does Booker T. Washington say that General Armstrong teaches him about racial prejudice?
3. In the chapter "Raising Money," what is the outcome of the meeting Booker has with a man he had been told might be interested in donating to his school?
4. What does Booker comment about the schools in Tuskegee?
5. When Booker finally arrives at Hampton and meets the head teacher, what does he tell her?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)