|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Secret of Success in Public Speaking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the people that Booker approaches to support Tuskegee Institute, he notes that:
(a) Most consider him to be doing "our work."
(b) Most try to find a polite way to get out of helping.
(c) Few actually offer funds.
(d) Most are uninterested.
2. All of Booker's students at Tuskegee are at least:
3. In addition to teaching day and night classes and doing tutoring, Booker teaches:
(d) Sunday school.
4. During his big speech in 1895, what does Booker focus on?
(a) The economic state of the nation's educational system.
(b) The people's responsibility towards future generations.
(c) The need for blacks and whites to work together.
(d) The need for good teachers to train the next generation.
5. Booker notes that when it comes to giving money to his Tuskegee school, some people:
(a) Give more than they can possibly afford.
(b) Would rather spend it on their families.
(c) Give more often and more generously.
(d) Bring meals instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Booker sell his own watch to raise fifteen dollars?
2. To start with, how many students does Booker have at his school in Tuskegee?
3. What does Booker T. Washington say that General Armstrong teaches him about racial prejudice?
4. What does Booker note that the people of Tuskegee want from him?
5. Who is Robert C. Bedford?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)