|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reconstruction Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first number that Booker says he learns?
2. What agreement is made so that Booker can spend more time at school?
(a) He will work mornings and afternoons, attending school in between work shifts.
(b) His mother will hire a helper for the house.
(c) His brother and sister will help tend to the sheep.
(d) He will work odd jobs to earn money to pay for school.
3. Booker states that many former slaves wanted to:
(a) Move to another country.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Hold public office.
(d) Become attorneys.
4. Booker feels that some individuals were not served well enough by their education and that, in the end, their desires increased but:
(a) Their ability to meet these desires did not increase.
(b) Their willingness to work for what they desired was lacking.
(c) Their dreams were shattered.
(d) Their living conditions deteriorated.
5. As a child, Booker lives in a cabin that also serves as:
(a) A chicken coop.
(b) A garden tool storage shed.
(c) The plantation's kitchen.
(d) The community's meeting hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he travels to Hampton, the author arrives in Richmond, Virginia, flat broke and spends the night where?
2. When Booker first starts school, why is he not able to attend full time?
3. Booker explains that some girls who had worked as laundresses went to school for six to eight years and came out not wanting to do laundry but wanting:
4. What is the potato bin that Booker describes from his childhood home?
5. Booker notes that even though the slaves are well informed, the biggest downfall is what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)