|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Reconstruction Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Booker observe about individuals educated in more affluent schools where the majority of their needs are met?
(a) They are less prepared to deal with life outside of school.
(b) They are mentally capable but emotionally helpless.
(c) They tend to become spoiled and rude.
(d) They get a better education.
2. What is Booker's brother's name?
3. What does Booker say about his job working in coalmines?
(a) It pays very well.
(b) Everyone there is highly motivated.
(c) It teaches him discipline.
(d) It's dirty and dangerous.
4. What is the first number that Booker says he learns?
5. As he travels to Hampton, the author arrives in Richmond, Virginia, flat broke and spends the night where?
(a) In a barn.
(b) Under a drawbridge.
(c) Under a boardwalk.
(d) In a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Booker feels that some individuals were not served well enough by their education and that, in the end, their desires increased but:
2. While living with his stepfather, young Booker works:
3. Why do young Booker and his family live in the plantation's kitchen?
4. When Booker is hired as a waiter at a classy restaurant, who chastises him, and why?
5. Although he is uncertain of the exact location of his birth, Booker T. Washington believes he was born near a:
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)