|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Harder Task Than Making Bricks Without Straw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After completing his studies and returning to Malden, Booker is hired to work as a teacher. His workdays start at 8:00 AM and don't end until what time?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(b) 10:00 PM.
(c) 7:00 PM.
(d) 6:00 PM.
2. Booker's class at Tuskegee quickly grows to how many students?
(c) One hundred.
3. What is Booker's brother's name?
4. Who mentors Booker as he tries to establish a school in Tuskegee?
(a) George Campbell and Lewis Adams.
(b) George W. Campbell, a former slave owner.
(c) No one.
(d) Lewis Adams, a former slave.
5. What do the Hampton night school students earn money for?
(a) To support their families.
(b) To help pay for tuition to Hampton's regular school.
(c) To buy their school meals and pay for their rooms.
(d) To put in the bank for when they're out of school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hampton night school students do during the day?
2. Why do the blacks at Hampton agree to room with Indians?
3. Who is Robert C. Bedford?
4. What do students learn to do on the property that Booker purchases for his school?
5. When Booker travels with a young Indian boy who is ill, how are they treated by outsiders?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)