|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Harder Task Than Making Bricks Without Straw.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Booker purchase to help his students learn more about working with their hands?
(a) A dilapidated barn.
(b) The remains of a plantation.
(c) A defunct restaurant.
(d) An acre of forest land.
2. What project does Booker take over at Hampton?
(a) Building shelters for seventy-five Indians.
(b) Hiring Indians to rebuild the school.
(c) Overseeing the education of seventy-five Indians.
(d) Hiring Indians to teach at the school.
3. Where does Booker go at the end of his second year at Hampton?
(a) Back to the job he had the previous summer.
(b) Home to see his family.
(c) Virginia Beach for fun and relaxation.
(d) To work for the railroads in Norfolk.
4. After completing his studies and returning to Malden, Booker is hired to work as a teacher. His workdays start at 8:00 AM and don't end until what time?
(a) 7:00 PM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 10:00 PM.
(d) 6:00 PM.
5. While Booker T. Washington is still teaching at Malden, who contacts him regarding a position at Hampton?
(a) Colonel Ruffner.
(b) Mrs. Ruffner.
(c) General Armstrong.
(d) Miss Mackie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker quickly discover about the Indians at Hampton?
2. To start with, how many students does Booker have at his school in Tuskegee?
3. How does Robert Bedford become involved with Tuskegee Institute?
4. In the chapter "Boyhood Days," what does Booker say he does in order to get to school on time?
5. What does Booker say about his job working in coalmines?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)