|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Thousand Miles for a Five-Minute Speech.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
(a) The Atlanta Cotton States and International Exposition.
(b) The Alabama Agricultural and Industrial Exposition.
(c) The International Northern States Exposition.
(d) The Boston World Exposition.
2. Who is Booker's second wife?
(a) Miss Ruthie.
(b) Miss Mackie.
(c) Miss Davidson.
(d) Miss Jefferson.
3. In "The Reconstruction Period" chapter, what does the author conclude about many teachers and preachers, as well as some politicians?
(a) They are out of touch with reality.
(b) They are interested in bettering the lives of others.
(c) They are selfless, noble, and idealistic.
(d) They draw too much attention to themselves.
4. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
(a) Returns home.
(b) Takes a train back to Boston.
(c) Attends a dinner event.
(d) Spends time sightseeing.
5. Booker observes that during the Reconstruction Period, many who held public office were unable to do what after leaving office?
(a) Return to their communities.
(b) Hold another public office.
(c) Make trustworthy friends.
(d) Find work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Booker states that efforts to foster community support for his Tuskegee school are:
2. As Washington's speaking engagements increase, he becomes aware that he carries a great burden because:
3. At his speaking engagement at the expo in 1895, Booker is:
4. How does a mill owner help the Tuskegee Institute?
5. Washington travels two thousand miles to give a five-minute speech to whom?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)