|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Thousand Miles for a Five-Minute Speech.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Booker remarks that too many people use the Christmas season as:
(a) A holiday for bribing teachers with gifts.
(b) A time to overindulge in rich foods.
(c) A time to complain to relatives and employers.
(d) An excuse to ignore work and drink excessively.
2. How does a mill owner help the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Building new desks for the students.
(b) Offering apprenticeships to several of the students.
(c) Making a very large monetary donation.
(d) Providing lumber for a large central building.
3. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
(a) The Alabama Agricultural and Industrial Exposition.
(b) The Boston World Exposition.
(c) The International Northern States Exposition.
(d) The Atlanta Cotton States and International Exposition.
4. What does Booker state about the attitude of his Tuskegee students against manual labor?
(a) It begins to change.
(b) It doesn't change at all.
(c) It is counterproductive.
(d) It is perfectly understandable.
5. What happens to Booker's second wife?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She dies young.
(d) She leaves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
2. When Miss Davidson travels to ask for financial support for the Tuskegee Institute, she meets two Northern ladies who agree to donate:
3. After traveling two thousand miles to give his five-minute speech, what does Booker do?
4. Why does Booker say it was worth the effort to travel two thousand miles to give a five-minute speech?
5. As Washington's speaking engagements increase, he becomes aware that he carries a great burden because:
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)