|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Thousand Miles for a Five-Minute Speech.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because he's disappointed by how the people of Tuskegee regard Christmas, what does Booker introduce at his school?
(a) Ethics education.
(b) History of Christianity.
(c) Lessons from major world religions.
(d) Bible teachings.
2. As Booker prepares to speak at the expo in 1895, he feels the weight of responsibility because his audience consists of:
(a) Fellow educators.
(b) Northerners, Southerners, blacks, and whites.
(c) Politicians and other influential policy makers.
(d) Wealthy potential donors.
3. The author states that those earning seventy-five or a hundred dollars a month were:
(a) Regularly asked for monetary help by those earning less.
(b) Expected to pay higher taxes.
(c) Considered wealthy.
(d) Often in debt by the end of the month.
4. The Reconstruction Period refers to the:
(a) Railroad building era.
(b) Post-Civil War era.
(c) Era of migration from farms to factories.
(d) Pre-Civil War era.
5. Booker notes that many blacks of his era wanted to learn what two languages?
(a) French and Latin.
(b) Greek and Spanish.
(c) Spanish and French.
(d) Latin and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expo is Booker invited to speak at in September of 1895?
2. What does General Armstrong loan to the Tuskegee Institute?
3. "Porter Hall" at Tuskegee Institute is named after whom?
4. How long does it take Booker's school to raise enough money to pay off debt?
5. When Booker speaks of the Christmas season, what is his complaint?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)