|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
2. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
3. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
4. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
5. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
2. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
3. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
4. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
5. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
6. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
7. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
8. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
9. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
10. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author brings to closure the foreshadowing used at the incident of Katy Eltwing's panic attack at the old creek bridge earlier in the book.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement?
2. Explain why or why not you thought the incident of Katy at the bridge was important to the story.
3. Do you think the panic attack Katy had at the bridge meant she could see the future? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
After almost two miserable months, Julie wakes one day with the realization that she has finally dismissed Brett from her mind and for the first time in a long time she is happy and peaceful.
1. Why do you think Julie was happy once she finally let go of Brett?
2. Some say that the only way to be happy in the present is to let go of the past. What do you think this means? Do you believe it is true? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the problems a person encounters after breaking up with a boy/girl friend?
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of the book's title becomes clear by the end of the story in that Julie learns that she has learned many lessons but has many more to learn along the road of her life.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Discuss when you think a person finishes learning in life and why you think it. Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think many people say that life is a road one walks? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)