Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haskell take time to do?
2. What happens in the Spring?
3. Why does Uncle Haskell need a diversion?
4. What does Julie hear people whispering?
5. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
The author brings to closure the foreshadowing used at the incident of Katy Eltwing's panic attack at the old creek bridge earlier in the book.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement?
2. Explain why or why not you thought the incident of Katy at the bridge was important to the story.
3. Do you think the panic attack Katy had at the bridge meant she could see the future? Why or why not?
Uncle Haskell tells Julie that Aunt Cordelia exhibits the same characteristics as her own mother, who preferred Haskell to Cordelia. Julie vows that if she ever has children, she will never show favoritism of the boys over the girls.
1. Do you think that boys are preferred over girls in general? Why or why not?
2. If Julie believes that her brother is preferred over herself by her Aunt Cordelia do you think this would affect her feelings towards herself, her brother and her aunt? Why or why not?
3. What do you think Julie should do to make her aunt see her as important as a boy?
Carlotta thinks that Julie's decision to live at Aunt Cordelia's house during her high school years is a sign of madness, because no boy will want to drive out to the country to pick up Julie for dates. If the distance from town were not enough of a deterrent, surely no boy would want to encounter Aunt Cordelia if he did not have to.
1. Do you that Carlotta is correct? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Julie should make a decision as to where to live based on whether she will find boys to date? Why or why not?
3. Explain what you would do in Julie's situation.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)