|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
2. Who does Brett begin to date?
3. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
4. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
2. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
3. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
4. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
5. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
6. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
7. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
8. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
9. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
10. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After almost two miserable months, Julie wakes one day with the realization that she has finally dismissed Brett from her mind and for the first time in a long time she is happy and peaceful.
1. Why do you think Julie was happy once she finally let go of Brett?
2. Some say that the only way to be happy in the present is to let go of the past. What do you think this means? Do you believe it is true? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the problems a person encounters after breaking up with a boy/girl friend?
Essay Topic 2
Julie has learned most of her life lessons from Aunt Cordelia, whose example has taught that obstacles can be overcome with perseverance and compassion and by viewing life as a wonderful journey.
1. Do you believe that all obstacles in life can be overcome with perseverance? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Julie overcame more obstacles in her young life than most high school seniors? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Aunt Cordelia makes compassion as important as perseverance? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Julie hesitantly approves of the changes Alicia has made to the house but is appalled to discover that Alicia has converted Laura's old bedroom into an office. Alicia had no way of knowing that Julie coveted that room.
1. Do you think Alicia should have talked with Julie before making changes to the house? Why or why not?
2. Change is always difficult and Julie has had many changes in her young life. Discuss how you see the changes affecting her as a person. Use examples from the book and your life to support your answer.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)