|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia say about Julie and Uncle Haskell?
2. About whom are rumors being said?
3. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
4. Why does Brett come over later that night?
5. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
2. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
3. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
4. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
5. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
6. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
7. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
8. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
9. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
10. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eventually Danny stops dating Eden and declares his love for Julie, telling her that he has loved her ever since they were little children. Julie is in love with Danny too and finally feels secure that she has found her place in the world.
1. Do you think just loving someone can give you a "place in the world?" Why or why not?
2. Do you think Julie is really in love with Danny or is it just a reaction to being alone? Why or why not?
3. Do you think it is easier to fall in love with someone you've known your whole life than a recently met person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses personification in this chapter, when she gives human characteristics to inanimate objects.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
2. Write a brief description of your bedroom using personification.
3. Why do you think an author uses personification? Do you think it is an effective method of description?
Essay Topic 3
Julie has learned most of her life lessons from Aunt Cordelia, whose example has taught that obstacles can be overcome with perseverance and compassion and by viewing life as a wonderful journey.
1. Do you believe that all obstacles in life can be overcome with perseverance? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Julie overcame more obstacles in her young life than most high school seniors? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Aunt Cordelia makes compassion as important as perseverance? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)