Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
3. Who escorts the Eltwings?
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
5. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
2. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
3. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
4. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
5. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
6. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
7. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
8. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
9. How did Julie finish high school?
10. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
Uncle Haskell tells Julie that Aunt Cordelia exhibits the same characteristics as her own mother, who preferred Haskell to Cordelia. Julie vows that if she ever has children, she will never show favoritism of the boys over the girls.
1. Do you think that boys are preferred over girls in general? Why or why not?
2. If Julie believes that her brother is preferred over herself by her Aunt Cordelia do you think this would affect her feelings towards herself, her brother and her aunt? Why or why not?
3. What do you think Julie should do to make her aunt see her as important as a boy?
After almost two miserable months, Julie wakes one day with the realization that she has finally dismissed Brett from her mind and for the first time in a long time she is happy and peaceful.
1. Why do you think Julie was happy once she finally let go of Brett?
2. Some say that the only way to be happy in the present is to let go of the past. What do you think this means? Do you believe it is true? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the problems a person encounters after breaking up with a boy/girl friend?
Carlotta thinks that Julie's decision to live at Aunt Cordelia's house during her high school years is a sign of madness, because no boy will want to drive out to the country to pick up Julie for dates. If the distance from town were not enough of a deterrent, surely no boy would want to encounter Aunt Cordelia if he did not have to.
1. Do you that Carlotta is correct? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Julie should make a decision as to where to live based on whether she will find boys to date? Why or why not?
3. Explain what you would do in Julie's situation.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)