|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
(a) She married someone else.
(d) He thinks from chemicals used in the war.
2. What does Julie secretly think?
(a) That her father is not happy.
(b) That Aunt Cordelia is still a little bit in love with Jonathan.
(c) That Uncle Haskell dislikes Jonathan.
(d) That Jonathan is still a little bit in love with Aunt Cordelia.
3. Why does Julie rise early one morning?
(a) To see the sunrise for some inspiration for writing.
(b) To go tell her uncle about her success.
(c) To make the entire family a fancy breakfast.
(d) To ride over to Danny's to show him her acceptance letter.
4. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
(b) Ask to go to a boarding school.
(c) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
(d) Run away to the city.
5. What does not come about as Jonathan had hoped?
(a) That Katy would resume her music.
(b) Living in the country does not have the peaceful influence on Katy.
(c) That Katy would divorce him.
(d) That Katy and Cordelia would become good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
2. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
3. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
4. Where has Chris been before the summer?
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
2. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
3. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
4. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
5. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
6. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
7. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
8. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
9. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
10. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)