|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the college guys more interested in than in Julie?
(b) The girls on campus.
(c) Their hometown sweethearts.
(d) Their studies.
2. Where is Uncle Haskell's body found?
(a) In his truck.
(b) In the water near the old creek bridge.
(c) Slumped over in a church pew.
(d) In his bed in the carriage house.
3. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
(a) They say that she'll never make a living as a writer.
(b) They tell her not to let it go to her head.
(c) The entire family supports her efforts and celebrates with her.
(d) They are happy for her but think she is wasting her time.
4. What does Haskell take time to do?
(a) Make Julie a shadowbox.
(b) Drive Julie to visit Laura.
(c) Listen to Jonathan.
(d) Listen to Katy.
5. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
(d) Play the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has an especially bad end?
2. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
3. How does Julie help Alicia?
4. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
5. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
2. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
3. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
4. How does Katy's story end?
5. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
6. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
7. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
8. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
9. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
10. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)