|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Cordelia's house to find Katy there?
(a) The doctor.
2. What does Aunt Cordelia say about Julie and Uncle Haskell?
(a) That New York would be too far for the family to care for him.
(b) It is good for Uncle Haskell to have some purpose at this point in his life.
(c) That he is old and ready to go.
(d) That Julie must face reality about him eventually.
3. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
(d) Her father.
4. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
(b) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
(c) Run away to the city.
(d) Ask to go to a boarding school.
5. Who discovers they are in love?
(a) Cordelia and Matthew.
(b) Brett and Julie.
(c) Danny and Eden.
(d) Julie and Danny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
2. What does Haskell play for Katy?
3. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
4. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
5. Who does Brett begin to date?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
2. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
3. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
4. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
5. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
6. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
7. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
8. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
9. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
10. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)