|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
(b) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(c) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(d) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
2. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
(a) Stays in bed.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Reads poetry in the words.
(d) Plays two songs over and over on the piano.
3. What does not come about as Jonathan had hoped?
(a) Living in the country does not have the peaceful influence on Katy.
(b) That Katy would divorce him.
(c) That Katy would resume her music.
(d) That Katy and Cordelia would become good friends.
4. What advice does Danny offer Julie?
(a) To stay away from Brett.
(b) To go live with Laura and Bill for her senior year.
(c) To learn how to cook for the evenuality of being a wife.
(d) To start applying to colleges now.
5. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
(d) Play the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
2. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
3. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
4. Why does Brett come over later that night?
5. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katy's story end?
2. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
3. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
4. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
5. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
6. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
7. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
8. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
9. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
10. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)