|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Cordelia's house to find Katy there?
(d) The doctor.
2. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
(a) Of attending college programs with her father.
(b) School plays.
(d) The high school band.
3. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Run away to the city.
(b) Ask to go to a boarding school.
(c) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
(d) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
4. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
(a) Uncle Haskell's respect for Brett.
(b) Aunt Cordelia treating Julie like a minor.
(c) He ends the relationship with Julie.
(d) Brett's passing English class ends.
5. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
(a) Play the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
2. Where is one of Julie's stories published?
3. To what does Julie look forward?
4. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
5. What does Haskell play for Katy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
2. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
3. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
4. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
5. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
6. How does Katy's story end?
7. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
8. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
9. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
10. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)