|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(b) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(c) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(d) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
2. What does Aunt Cordelia say about Julie and Uncle Haskell?
(a) It is good for Uncle Haskell to have some purpose at this point in his life.
(b) That New York would be too far for the family to care for him.
(c) That he is old and ready to go.
(d) That Julie must face reality about him eventually.
3. What were the college guys more interested in than in Julie?
(a) Their studies.
(b) The girls on campus.
(d) Their hometown sweethearts.
4. What does Haskell play for Katy?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) Some classical recordings.
(c) An old guitar.
(d) Some halting songs on the piano which Katy can no longer play.
5. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Stays in bed.
(c) Reads poetry in the words.
(d) Plays two songs over and over on the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan often have to do?
2. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
3. Who else comes for a summer visit?
4. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan do in the small town where Aunt Cordelia lives and what do the townspeople think?
2. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
3. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
4. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
5. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
6. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
7. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
8. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
9. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
10. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)