|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Haskell need a diversion?
(a) He is dying from lung cancer.
(b) He has been rejected by a woman he hoped to marry.
(c) He is dying from cirrhosis of the liver.
(d) He is dying from a brain tumor.
2. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
(b) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(c) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(d) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
3. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
(b) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
(c) To help him bury some more bottles.
(d) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
4. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
(b) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
(c) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(d) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
5. Who discovers they are in love?
(a) Danny and Eden.
(b) Brett and Julie.
(c) Julie and Danny.
(d) Cordelia and Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Chris been before the summer?
2. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
3. Who does Brett begin to date?
4. Why does Julie rise early one morning?
5. Why does Brett come over later that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
2. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
3. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
4. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
5. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
6. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
7. How does Katy's story end?
8. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
9. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
10. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)