|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Haskell need a diversion?
(a) He is dying from a brain tumor.
(b) He has been rejected by a woman he hoped to marry.
(c) He is dying from cirrhosis of the liver.
(d) He is dying from lung cancer.
2. How does Julie help Alicia?
(a) In babysitting Alicia's two small children.
(b) In some of the redecorating of the house.
(c) In teaching her how to grow vegetables.
(d) By shopping with her and carrying the packages.
3. About what does Brett seem most upset?
(a) That Julie defends her aunt.
(b) That the other girls are talking about hiim.
(c) That Julie will no longer help him with his homework.
(d) That she is taking her horse with her.
4. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
(a) Carlotta made no predictions.
(b) Amazingly accurate for the first two years of Julie's high school.
(c) Completely inaccurate as Julie has more suitors than any other girl.
(d) Julie has one or two suitors every semester, so she's wasn't completely accurate.
5. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
(a) The building is not up to code.
(b) So that the country children can have the benefit of an education in a city school.
(c) Because Cordelia wants to retire.
(d) There is not enough space for all the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brett upset about in English class?
2. How long is it before Julie feels happy again after the breakup with Brett?
3. To whom does Julie turn for advice on her new hobby?
4. About whom are rumors being said?
5. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
2. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
3. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
4. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
5. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
6. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
7. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
8. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
9. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
10. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)