|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one of Julie's stories published?
(a) In a university magazine.
(b) In Reader's Digest.
(c) In Life.
(d) In the New Yorker.
2. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
(a) The quiet of the church.
(b) The quiet of the woods.
(c) Anyway but in the house.
(d) The quiet of the carriage house.
3. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Her brother Chris.
4. Where has Chris been before the summer?
(a) At Laura's house.
(b) In New York looking for a job.
(d) At his dad's house.
5. Who does Brett begin to date?
(b) No one; he continues to try to get Julie to get back with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
2. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
3. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
4. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
5. How does Julie help Alicia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
2. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
3. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
4. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
5. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
6. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
7. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
8. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
9. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
10. What does Jonathan do in the small town where Aunt Cordelia lives and what do the townspeople think?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)