|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Julie look forward?
(a) Living at a boarding school.
(b) Staying at Laura's for the summer.
(c) Leaving the isolation of Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(d) Spending more time with her father every day.
2. How does Julie help Alicia?
(a) By shopping with her and carrying the packages.
(b) In teaching her how to grow vegetables.
(c) In some of the redecorating of the house.
(d) In babysitting Alicia's two small children.
3. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
(a) Because Uncle Haskell will scare off any potential suitors.
(b) Because Aunt Cordelia will be much stricter than Julie's father.
(c) Because no young man will want to drive out there to date Julie.
(d) Because she won't have a lot of the modern conveniences.
4. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
(b) That she is never going to like the country.
(c) That she wants to play music again.
(d) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
5. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
(a) She decides not to bother him with her amateur hobby.
(b) She wants him to go to New York for treatment.
(c) She pretends there is nothing wrong.
(d) She becomes despondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
2. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
3. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
4. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
5. What advice does Danny offer Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
2. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
3. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
4. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
5. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
6. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
7. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
8. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
9. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
10. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)