|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Haskell need a diversion?
(a) He has been rejected by a woman he hoped to marry.
(b) He is dying from cirrhosis of the liver.
(c) He is dying from lung cancer.
(d) He is dying from a brain tumor.
2. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
3. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
(b) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
(c) To help him bury some more bottles.
(d) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
4. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
(a) They become friends.
(b) Katy cannot bear the sight of Haskell.
(c) Haskell says he wants nothing to do with Katy's eccentricities.
5. To what does Julie look forward?
(a) Staying at Laura's for the summer.
(b) Spending more time with her father every day.
(c) Leaving the isolation of Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(d) Living at a boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
2. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
3. What does Julie tell Brett?
4. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
5. Why are all the girls envious?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)