|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(b) To her former room at her dad's house.
(c) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(d) To boarding school.
2. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
(a) By her hysterical outbursts.
(b) By her refusal to get out of bed.
(c) By the medicine that supposedly is helping her.
(d) By her refusal to eat.
3. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(b) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
(c) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(d) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
4. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
(a) She becomes a cheerleader.
(b) The proverbial "boy next door" comes home from boarding school.
(c) Her brother Chris starts attending the high school and introduces her to guys.
(d) She meets a boy named Brett Kingsman who enrolls in school when his father is transferred to town.
5. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
(b) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(c) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
(d) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not come about as Jonathan had hoped?
2. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
4. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
5. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
2. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
3. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
4. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
5. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
6. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
7. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
8. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
9. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
10. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)