|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
(a) She is not sure if Brett knows the woods well enough in the dark.
(b) She fears Brett's temper.
(c) She thinks Brett needs a man-to-man talk.
(d) She thinks it's too late to walk in the woods.
2. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
(b) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(c) That they look so much alike.
(d) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
3. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
(a) Goes to talk to the priest about his wife.
(b) Has a few drinks with Haskell.
(c) Seeks out the comfort of Aunt Cordelia's big house as a retreat from the stress of his own life.
(d) Works late to avoid his wife.
4. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
(a) Leaves immediately.
(b) Tries to coerce her into walking in the woods with him.
(c) Slaps her in anger.
(d) Tells her he understands.
5. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Her brother Chris.
(d) Her dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
2. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
3. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
4. About what is Julie wondering?
5. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
2. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
3. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
4. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
5. How does Katy's story end?
6. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
7. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
8. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
9. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
10. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)