|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(b) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To her former room at her dad's house.
2. About what does Brett seem most upset?
(a) That Julie defends her aunt.
(b) That the other girls are talking about hiim.
(c) That she is taking her horse with her.
(d) That Julie will no longer help him with his homework.
3. Where is Uncle Haskell's body found?
(a) In his truck.
(b) Slumped over in a church pew.
(c) In the water near the old creek bridge.
(d) In his bed in the carriage house.
4. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(a) Playing the piano.
(c) Washing her feet.
(d) Reading to her.
5. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
(b) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
(c) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
(d) To help him bury some more bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
2. What advice does Danny offer Julie?
3. What discovery appalls Julie?
4. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
5. What does not come about as Jonathan had hoped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
2. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
3. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
4. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
5. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
6. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
7. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
8. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
9. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
10. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)