|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) The railroad tracks.
(b) A garden.
(c) Main street.
(d) The Hurley woods.
2. What does Julie hear people whispering?
(a) That Aunt Cordelia is seeing Jonathan.
(b) That Uncle Haskell is in trouble with the law.
(c) That Julie is too much for Aunt Cordelia to handle.
(d) That Julie's father is moving to the farm.
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That they look so much alike.
(b) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(c) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
(d) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
4. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(b) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
(c) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(d) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
5. What does Julie secretly think?
(a) That Uncle Haskell dislikes Jonathan.
(b) That Aunt Cordelia is still a little bit in love with Jonathan.
(c) That Jonathan is still a little bit in love with Aunt Cordelia.
(d) That her father is not happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
2. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
3. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
4. About whom are rumors being said?
5. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
2. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
3. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
4. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
5. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
6. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
7. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
8. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
9. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
10. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)