|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
(a) Private talk time.
(b) Time to kiss and hold hands.
(c) Time for discussing school assignments.
(d) Time to enjoy the natural environment.
2. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About what will happen to her pony.
(b) About her move back home.
(c) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(d) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
3. To whom does Julie turn for advice on her new hobby?
(a) Her father.
(b) Uncle Haskell.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
4. What does Jonathan often have to do?
(a) Lightly slap Katy when she is in hysterics.
(b) Give Katy calming medicine.
(c) Find someone to sit with Katy.
(d) Leave work to return home to console his hysterical wife.
5. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
(a) She won't speak to him.
(b) She didn't tell him she was staying after school.
(c) He was afraid for her to walk home alone.
(d) He has heard some mean rumors about her and Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brett upset about in English class?
2. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
3. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
4. How does Julie help Alicia?
5. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
2. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
3. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
4. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
5. What does Jonathan do in the small town where Aunt Cordelia lives and what do the townspeople think?
6. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
7. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
8. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
9. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
10. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)