|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it before Julie feels happy again after the breakup with Brett?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five or six months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
2. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(a) Uncle Haskell.
3. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
(a) To a town about five miles from Aunt Cordelia's town.
(b) To the city nearby.
(c) Into a farm adjacent to Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(d) Into a house about three miles from Aunt Cordelia's house.
4. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
(a) Carlotta made no predictions.
(b) Completely inaccurate as Julie has more suitors than any other girl.
(c) Julie has one or two suitors every semester, so she's wasn't completely accurate.
(d) Amazingly accurate for the first two years of Julie's high school.
5. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
(a) Aunt Cordelia's last year of teaching.
(b) Julie's move back home.
(c) Uncle Haskell's death.
(d) Laura's third daughter is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
2. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
3. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
4. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
5. What has an especially bad end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
2. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
3. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
4. What does Jonathan do in the small town where Aunt Cordelia lives and what do the townspeople think?
5. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
6. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
7. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
8. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
9. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
10. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)