|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
(a) They are happy for her but think she is wasting her time.
(b) They say that she'll never make a living as a writer.
(c) The entire family supports her efforts and celebrates with her.
(d) They tell her not to let it go to her head.
2. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(b) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
(c) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
(d) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
3. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
(a) She is not sure if Brett knows the woods well enough in the dark.
(b) She thinks Brett needs a man-to-man talk.
(c) She thinks it's too late to walk in the woods.
(d) She fears Brett's temper.
4. To whom does Julie defend her relationship with Brett?
(a) The other girls.
(b) Her father, aunt, and Alicia.
(c) Her brother Chris.
(d) No one.
5. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
(b) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
(c) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
(d) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
2. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
3. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
4. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
5. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brett react to Julie's response to his request yet what does she agree to do?
2. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
3. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
4. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
5. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
6. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
7. What does Julie's family do about Julie's sadness?
8. What does Jonathan do in the small town where Aunt Cordelia lives and what do the townspeople think?
9. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
10. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)