|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
(a) Nothing; she makes him do the writing.
(b) Brett will get a good grade while Julie will fail.
(c) She might have to be put in another English class.
(d) Brett will fail the class, and Julie will be sent to the dean's office for punishment.
2. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
(b) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
(c) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
(d) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
3. What discovery appalls Julie?
(a) To learn that Alicia has converted the room Julie wants into an office.
(b) That Aunt Cordelia is secretly seeing Jonathan.
(c) That her dad plans to have more children with Alicia.
(d) That Uncle Haskell has married a Mexican woman.
4. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(c) To her former room at her dad's house.
(d) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
5. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
(a) She becomes despondent.
(b) She decides not to bother him with her amateur hobby.
(c) She pretends there is nothing wrong.
(d) She wants him to go to New York for treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
2. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
3. Where is Uncle Haskell's body found?
4. Where has Chris been before the summer?
5. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julie's friendship with her uncle important?
2. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
3. What happens during Alicia's meeting with Julie?
4. What do Danny and Julie figure out?
5. How does Julie handle being hurt by what she thinks is Aunt Cordelia's rejection?
6. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
7. What hobby does Julie take up in her senior year and who helps her?
8. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
9. What does Carlotta think of Julie's decision to live with Aunt Cordelia through high school?
10. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)