|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
(a) He thinks from chemicals used in the war.
(c) She married someone else.
2. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(b) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
(c) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
(d) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
3. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
(a) She wants him to go to New York for treatment.
(b) She pretends there is nothing wrong.
(c) She becomes despondent.
(d) She decides not to bother him with her amateur hobby.
4. What does Jonathan often have to do?
(a) Lightly slap Katy when she is in hysterics.
(b) Leave work to return home to console his hysterical wife.
(c) Give Katy calming medicine.
(d) Find someone to sit with Katy.
5. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
(b) Julie's father marries Alicia.
(c) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
(d) Aunt Cordelia dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
2. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
3. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
4. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
5. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)