|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She hates the children.
(b) She cannot stand any more changes.
(c) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(d) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
2. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bag of golf clubs.
(c) A bunch of daisies.
(d) The evening paper.
3. Who is moving to town?
(a) Laura and her husband.
(b) Chris and his new wife.
(c) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
(d) Julie's father and his new wife.
4. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(d) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(b) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(c) He was quite mean to her in high school.
(d) Because he is has changed very radically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
2. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
3. What does Laura do?
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
5. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Julie when she awakens?
2. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
3. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
4. From what type of family did Jonathan come?
5. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
6. How does Aunt Cordelia make her money and what else does she do?
7. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
8. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
9. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
10. What does Jonathan say about Julie and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)