|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) No one in the family.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
(a) Her muscial talents.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) She is a well-known writer herself.
(d) Her cooking ability.
3. How do Julie and the others respond?
(a) The comment registers horror in Julie and embarrasses the rest of the guests.
(b) Julie feels highly complimented since she thinks her aunt is beautiful.
(c) Julie impulsively kicks Jonathan.
(d) Julie laughs.
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Working at the drugstore.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Caring for her baby.
(d) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
5. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She has never been married.
(b) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(c) She is very thin.
(d) She is quite elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
2. Who escorts the Eltwings?
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
4. Where is Chris going?
5. When did Julie last play with these children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
2. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
3. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
4. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
5. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
6. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
7. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
8. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
9. Where does Julie end up on her first day at her aunt's house and what does her aunt do?
10. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)