|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(d) Guardian and schoolteacher.
2. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
3. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(b) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
(c) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
(d) That all religions lead to the same place.
4. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie is mean.
(b) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(c) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(d) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
5. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(b) She draws pictures on each one.
(c) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
(d) She safely stows them in her trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
2. When does Aggie die?
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
4. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
5. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
2. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
3. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
4. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia make her money and what else does she do?
6. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
7. What does Jonathan say about Julie and how does she feel about it?
8. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
9. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
10. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)