Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
(a) Takes her to the zoo.
(b) Makes her hot chocolate.
(c) Makes her cupcakes.
(d) Apologizes for being too harsh.
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has a cast on her right leg.
(b) She has to use crutches to walk.
(c) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
3. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(b) Adam, Julie's father.
(d) No one.
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Meals brought from friends.
(b) Partying adults.
(c) Doctors and relatives.
(d) Moving boxes.
5. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(b) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(c) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(d) She is almost six feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
2. What does Julie vow?
3. Who does Laura meet?
4. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
2. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
3. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
4. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
5. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
6. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
7. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
8. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
9. How did Julie finish high school?
10. What does Julie think about moving back in with her father?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)