|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Run for class president.
(d) Return to her father's home.
3. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Gives her a shot.
(b) Hypnotizes her.
(c) Makes her swallow a pill.
(d) Spanks her lightly.
4. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) It doesn't change anything.
(b) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(c) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(d) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(a) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(b) Remembers times when she has been there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
2. Who is moving to town?
3. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
4. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
5. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
2. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
3. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
4. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
5. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
6. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
7. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
8. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
9. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
10. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)