|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chris call?
(b) No one.
2. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) A teacher.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) A kind train conductor.
3. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
(b) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(c) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
(d) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
4. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) Towards some neighborhood children.
(b) In the hallway at school.
(c) In the mall.
(d) In the woods behind her house.
5. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
(a) When Julie is sixteen.
(b) When she is pregnant.
(c) When Laura is having her third child.
(d) When Julie is very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Julie not convinced?
2. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
3. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
4. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
5. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
2. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
3. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
4. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
5. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
6. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
7. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
8. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
9. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
10. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)