|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is moving to town?
(a) Chris and his new wife.
(b) Laura and her husband.
(c) Julie's father and his new wife.
(d) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
2. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(b) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(c) Because he is has changed very radically.
(d) He was quite mean to her in high school.
3. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(b) She compromises.
(c) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(d) She relents.
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Partying adults.
(b) Doctors and relatives.
(c) Moving boxes.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
5. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(b) She has to use crutches to walk.
(c) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
2. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
3. What is the aunt's occupation?
4. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
5. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
2. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
3. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
4. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
5. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
6. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
7. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
8. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
9. From what type of family did Jonathan come?
10. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)