|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(b) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(c) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(d) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
2. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(b) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(c) She is almost six feet tall.
(d) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Strictness and neatness.
(b) Disciplined and educated.
(c) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(d) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
4. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Ice cream and cones.
(b) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(c) A clown and candy.
(d) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
5. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
2. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
3. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
4. What has happened on this October day?
5. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
2. What can Aunt Cordelia be counted on for and how does Julie feel towards her?
3. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
4. From what type of family did Jonathan come?
5. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
6. What does Jonathan say about Julie and how does she feel about it?
7. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
8. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
9. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
10. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)