|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
(b) She draws pictures on each one.
(c) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(d) She safely stows them in her trunk.
2. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(c) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(d) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
3. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(a) Posture and transitions.
(d) The art of good conversation.
4. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Julie's drawings.
(d) Playing the piano.
5. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
2. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
3. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
4. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
5. Who does Laura meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia make her money and what else does she do?
2. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
3. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
4. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
5. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
6. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
7. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
8. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
9. What does Julie discuss with Aunt Cordelia and what is the result?
10. Why is Julie happy the summer between her junior and senior year?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)