|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When she prays at night.
(b) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(c) When her sister and father come to visit.
(d) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
2. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Disciplined and educated.
(b) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(c) Strictness and neatness.
(d) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
3. What does Julie vow?
(a) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(b) To apologize to Chris.
(c) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(d) To treat all fairly.
4. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
(a) A sick puppy.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) A driver.
(d) A spade.
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
(b) She helped him become a famous author.
(c) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(d) She was once in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
2. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
3. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
4. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
5. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
2. Where is Julie when she awakens?
3. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
4. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
5. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
6. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
7. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
8. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
9. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
10. How does Aunt Cordelia make her money and what else does she do?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)