|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bag of golf clubs.
(b) A bunch of daisies.
(c) The evening paper.
(d) A puppy.
2. Who is moving to town?
(a) Laura and her husband.
(b) Julie's father and his new wife.
(c) Chris and his new wife.
(d) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
3. What does Julie vow?
(a) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(b) To apologize to Chris.
(c) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(d) To treat all fairly.
4. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(b) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(c) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(d) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Run for class president.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) Return to her father's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
2. What has happened on this October day?
3. Who is Mrs. Peters?
4. How do Julie and the others respond?
5. What is the aunt's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
2. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
3. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
4. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
5. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
6. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
7. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
8. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
9. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
10. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)