|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(b) She cannot stand any more changes.
(c) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(d) She hates the children.
2. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(b) Julie's drawings.
(c) Jonathan's last book.
(d) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
3. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Moving boxes.
(b) Doctors and relatives.
(c) Partying adults.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
4. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's aunt's best friend.
(b) Julie's other aunt.
(c) Julie's deceased mother.
(d) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
5. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) Uncle Haskell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
2. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
3. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
2. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
3. How does Uncle Haskell help Julie with her loneliness after Chris leaves?
4. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
5. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
6. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
7. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
8. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
9. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
10. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)