|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura meet?
(a) No one in particular.
(b) Bill Strohmer.
(c) Julie's best friend at school.
(d) A man who dated their mom in high school.
2. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(b) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(c) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(d) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
3. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) No one in the family.
4. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's deceased mother.
(b) Julie's other aunt.
(c) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
(d) Julie's aunt's best friend.
5. When did Julie last play with these children?
(c) Three years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Julie and the others respond?
2. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
3. What does Julie vow?
4. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
5. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
2. What does Julie tell Brett when she sees him the night of her meeting with Alicia?
3. What does Julie's last year in elementary school mark in Aunt Cordelia's life?
4. How did Julie finish high school?
5. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
6. What happens to Uncle Haskell's and Katy's relationship?
7. What does Brett do in English class and how is Julie involved?
8. What can Aunt Cordelia be counted on for and how does Julie feel towards her?
9. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
10. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)