|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
(a) For high school graduation.
(b) For no particular reason.
(c) For her twelfth birthday.
(d) She won a writing contest.
2. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She hates the children.
(b) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(c) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(d) She cannot stand any more changes.
3. When does Aggie die?
(a) She nevers gets fully well but lives another couple years.
(b) The morning after Julie visits her.
(c) It takes her another week to die.
(d) She miraculously recovers.
4. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) The neighbor's dog.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her dad.
5. Where is Chris going?
(a) No where.
(b) Back to live with his father.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To another aunt's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
2. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
3. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
4. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
5. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
2. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
3. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
4. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
5. What can Aunt Cordelia be counted on for and how does Julie feel towards her?
6. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
7. Where is Julie when she awakens?
8. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
9. What does Julie learn about Jonathan from Laura?
10. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)