|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(c) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(d) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
2. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(d) Julie's drawings.
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he's an alcoholic.
(b) Because he has never liked the man.
(c) Because of his made-up stories.
(d) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
4. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(b) It doesn't change anything.
(c) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(d) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
5. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Meals brought from friends.
(b) Moving boxes.
(c) Partying adults.
(d) Doctors and relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
2. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
3. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
4. What do the children whisper?
5. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie think about Jonathan?
2. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
3. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
4. How does Julie feel about Alicia when she first dates her father and how does she end up feeling?
5. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
6. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
7. How does Katy respond to living in the country?
8. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
9. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
10. How did Julie finish high school?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)