|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She hates the children.
(b) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(c) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(d) She cannot stand any more changes.
2. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
(b) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(d) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
3. What does Laura do?
(a) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
(b) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(c) Comes out and yells at the children.
(d) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
4. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
(a) Threatens one of the worst rumor mongers with revealing things about that person.
(b) There are no rumors to squelch as Cordelia is the model of a lady.
(c) Has Cordelia's sister chaperone.
(d) He doesn't try to do anything figuring people gossip and it means nothing.
5. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(b) She is almost six feet tall.
(c) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(d) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she and Aunt Cordelia are talking?
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
4. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
5. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
2. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
3. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
4. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
5. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
6. What can Aunt Cordelia be counted on for and how does Julie feel towards her?
7. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
8. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
9. Where is Julie when she awakens?
10. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)