|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(b) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
(c) To not worry and things will work out.
(d) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
2. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To the church.
(b) To their secret meeting place.
(c) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(d) To Aggie's house.
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because of his made-up stories.
(b) Because he's an alcoholic.
(c) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(d) Because he has never liked the man.
4. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) A clown and candy.
(b) Ice cream and cones.
(c) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(d) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
5. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(b) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(c) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(d) It doesn't change anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Aggie die?
2. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
3. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
5. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
2. How is Julie and Aggie's relationship the rest of the school year and what happens in the summer that bothers Julie?
3. Where is Julie when she awakens?
4. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
5. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
6. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
7. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
8. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
9. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
10. How and what do Julie and Chris discover about Uncle Haskell?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)