|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Caring for her baby.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Working at the drugstore.
(d) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
2. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She safely stows them in her trunk.
(b) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(c) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
(d) She draws pictures on each one.
3. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(c) Uncle Haskell.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
4. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Admonishes Julie.
(b) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
(c) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(d) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
5. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he has never liked the man.
(b) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(c) Because of his made-up stories.
(d) Because he's an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened on this October day?
2. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
3. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
4. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what type of family did Jonathan come?
2. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
3. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
4. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
5. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
6. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
7. What can Aunt Cordelia be counted on for and how does Julie feel towards her?
8. What does Aunt Cordelia try to do for the Kilpin family and how does she feel when she returns home?
9. Where does Julie end up on her first day at her aunt's house and what does her aunt do?
10. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)