|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bag of golf clubs.
(b) A puppy.
(c) The evening paper.
(d) A bunch of daisies.
2. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person just shrugs it off.
(b) The person confronts Julie about it.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(b) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(c) A clown and candy.
(d) Ice cream and cones.
4. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
(a) They probably won't because of Jonathan and Cordelia's former relationship.
(b) Jonathan has decided not to move back after all, so Cordelia will not see him.
(c) As soon as they are settled in.
5. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Doctors and relatives.
(b) Partying adults.
(c) Moving boxes.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
2. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
3. Who is moving to town?
4. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
5. Who does Chris call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
3. What do most of the people notice about Jonathan's wife?
4. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
5. Why did Aunt Cordelia decide to host a birthday party for Julie?
6. What happens when Julie visits Laura and Bill and what does Bill tell her?
7. How do Laura and Julie's father feel about her time with Uncle Haskell and what do they do about it?
8. What does Julie learn about Jonathan from Laura?
9. What does Jonathan say about Julie and how does she feel about it?
10. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)