|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(b) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(c) The person confronts Julie about it.
(d) The person just shrugs it off.
2. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) No one in the family.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
3. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
(a) They participate in the wedding.
(b) They get together and cry.
(c) Chris is unable to come home from school so Julie is too sad to go to the wedding.
(d) They sneak away and don't go to the wedding.
4. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Go to boarding school.
(b) Return to her father's home.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) Run for class president.
5. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A beautician.
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) A store clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
2. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
3. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
4. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
5. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
2. Where does Julie go and what does she do after she is chastised by Aunt Cordelia over hitting Danny?
3. What does Julie plan to do about college and what does Aunt Cordelia suggest?
4. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
5. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
6. What is a drastic change in Julie's life when she is ten? How is she involved in it?
7. What does Julie hear about her and being raised by Aunt Cordelia?
8. What event mars some of Julie's joy at success?
9. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
10. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)