|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura do?
(a) Comes out and yells at the children.
(b) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(c) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(d) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
2. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(b) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(c) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
(d) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
3. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) Because he is has changed very radically.
(b) He was quite mean to her in high school.
(c) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(d) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of dying.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of physical abuse.
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(b) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(c) Remembers times when she has been there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
2. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
3. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
4. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
5. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie's luck with boys change in her junior year and how does her family feel about it?
2. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
3. What did the townspeople think of Aunt Cordelia tutoring Jonathan?
4. Why does Uncle Haskell come yelling for Aunt Cordelia one night?
5. Who is excited about Julie's birthday party?
6. What does Julie learn about Jonathan from Laura?
7. How is Julie's hobby successful and how do they celebrate? What does Uncle Haskell do?
8. What news arrives towards the end of the summer?
9. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
10. What ends Brett and Julie's relationship and what does Brett do?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)