|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a ride on the pony.
(b) To a movie in town.
(c) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
(d) To a bedtime story.
2. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person just shrugs it off.
(b) The person confronts Julie about it.
(c) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(d) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
3. Where is Chris going?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) No where.
(c) Back to live with his father.
(d) To another aunt's home.
4. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She hates the children.
(b) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(c) She cannot stand any more changes.
(d) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
5. When did Julie last play with these children?
(a) Three years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
2. What is the aunt's occupation?
3. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
4. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
5. With what is Julie's house filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Julie and Chris do with Aunt Cordelia every day and what does she do?
2. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
3. What challenges Aunt Cordelia most about teaching and what does she encourage Julie and the other girls to do? How do they feel about it?
4. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
5. Why is Aunt Cordelia upset with Julie's invitations and what does Julie do?
6. What is announced a few weeks after the children discover Uncle Haskell's secret?
7. What does Julie learn about Jonathan from Laura?
8. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie about Aggie's death?
9. Why does Julie envy Laura but what does Laura feel that Julie cannot understand?
10. How do Laura and Julie's father feel about her time with Uncle Haskell and what do they do about it?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)