|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie begin to do in her senior year?
(c) Play the violin.
2. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About her move back home.
(b) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(c) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(d) About what will happen to her pony.
3. Why does Brett come over later that night?
(a) To get a free dinner.
(b) For help with his homework.
(c) To walk with Julie in the woods.
(d) To apologize for his behavior in English class.
4. Who discovers they are in love?
(a) Cordelia and Matthew.
(b) Danny and Eden.
(c) Brett and Julie.
(d) Julie and Danny.
5. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
(a) To eat some of Katy's famous Cajun cooking.
(b) To help him edit his novel.
(c) Because Uncle Haskell is the only person who has a calming influence on Katy.
(d) To do repair work.
6. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
(a) By her refusal to eat.
(b) By her hysterical outbursts.
(c) By the medicine that supposedly is helping her.
(d) By her refusal to get out of bed.
7. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
(a) Of attending college programs with her father.
(b) The high school band.
(c) School plays.
8. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
(a) Some of the sorrows from the childhood she shared with Uncle Haskell.
(b) Why Uncle Haskell never marries.
(c) A bottle of wine to celebrate Uncle Haskell's life.
(d) Some of Uncle Haskell's childhood writings.
9. What does Julie hear people whispering?
(a) That Uncle Haskell is in trouble with the law.
(b) That Julie is too much for Aunt Cordelia to handle.
(c) That Aunt Cordelia is seeing Jonathan.
(d) That Julie's father is moving to the farm.
10. Where has Chris been before the summer?
(a) At his dad's house.
(c) In New York looking for a job.
(d) At Laura's house.
11. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
(a) Sadness at the prospect of Julie leaving.
(b) Sadness about Jonathan.
(c) Excitement about having Julie for the summer months at least.
(d) Happy that she will soon no longer be burdened with raising Julie.
12. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(d) Uncle Haskell.
13. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To her former room at her dad's house.
(b) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(c) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(d) To boarding school.
14. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
(a) Her father.
15. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
(b) That they look so much alike.
(c) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(d) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie tell Brett?
2. What advice does Danny offer Julie?
3. What were the college guys more interested in than in Julie?
4. To whom does Julie turn for advice on her new hobby?
5. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)