Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) Main street.
(b) The Hurley woods.
(c) The railroad tracks.
(d) A garden.
2. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About her move back home.
(b) About what will happen to her pony.
(c) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(d) About whether she will go to boarding school.
3. What is Brett upset about in English class?
(a) An assignment to work in class.
(b) An assignment on Civil Disobedience.
(c) An assignment to memorize some poetry.
(d) That Julie speaks to another boy.
4. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
(a) Has a few drinks with Haskell.
(b) Goes to talk to the priest about his wife.
(c) Works late to avoid his wife.
(d) Seeks out the comfort of Aunt Cordelia's big house as a retreat from the stress of his own life.
5. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
(a) Amazingly accurate for the first two years of Julie's high school.
(b) Carlotta made no predictions.
(c) Julie has one or two suitors every semester, so she's wasn't completely accurate.
(d) Completely inaccurate as Julie has more suitors than any other girl.
6. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
(a) A bottle of wine to celebrate Uncle Haskell's life.
(b) Some of Uncle Haskell's childhood writings.
(c) Some of the sorrows from the childhood she shared with Uncle Haskell.
(d) Why Uncle Haskell never marries.
7. What advice does Danny offer Julie?
(a) To go live with Laura and Bill for her senior year.
(b) To learn how to cook for the evenuality of being a wife.
(c) To start applying to colleges now.
(d) To stay away from Brett.
8. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
(a) He believes Katy will let go and die if he isn't there to give her hope.
(b) He thinks Jonathan is abusing Katy.
(c) He can no longer watch Katy in this condition.
(d) He thinks Katy is doing this for his attention.
9. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That she is never going to like the country.
(b) That she wants to play music again.
(c) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
(d) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
10. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That they look so much alike.
(b) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
(c) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(d) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
11. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(b) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(c) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
(d) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
12. To whom does Julie defend her relationship with Brett?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father, aunt, and Alicia.
(c) Her brother Chris.
(d) The other girls.
13. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
(a) Her brother Chris starts attending the high school and introduces her to guys.
(b) She becomes a cheerleader.
(c) The proverbial "boy next door" comes home from boarding school.
(d) She meets a boy named Brett Kingsman who enrolls in school when his father is transferred to town.
14. About what does Brett seem most upset?
(a) That Julie defends her aunt.
(b) That she is taking her horse with her.
(c) That the other girls are talking about hiim.
(d) That Julie will no longer help him with his homework.
15. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
(a) They are happy for her but think she is wasting her time.
(b) The entire family supports her efforts and celebrates with her.
(c) They say that she'll never make a living as a writer.
(d) They tell her not to let it go to her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
2. Who arrives at Cordelia's house to find Katy there?
3. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
4. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
5. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)