|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
(a) By her refusal to get out of bed.
(b) By her refusal to eat.
(c) By her hysterical outbursts.
(d) By the medicine that supposedly is helping her.
2. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
(b) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
(c) To help him bury some more bottles.
(d) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
3. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Her brother Chris.
4. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
(b) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
(c) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(d) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
5. Why does Julie rise early one morning?
(a) To make the entire family a fancy breakfast.
(b) To see the sunrise for some inspiration for writing.
(c) To go tell her uncle about her success.
(d) To ride over to Danny's to show him her acceptance letter.
6. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
(b) Katy cannot bear the sight of Haskell.
(c) They become friends.
(d) Haskell says he wants nothing to do with Katy's eccentricities.
7. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
(a) To ask how her English thesis is coming along.
(b) To tell her she has heard some unsavory things about Brett.
(c) To tell her she is barely making a "C" in class.
(d) To tell her that she must stop doing Brett's English papers.
8. About what does Brett seem most upset?
(a) That Julie will no longer help him with his homework.
(b) That she is taking her horse with her.
(c) That Julie defends her aunt.
(d) That the other girls are talking about hiim.
9. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(a) Washing her feet.
(b) Reading to her.
(d) Playing the piano.
10. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
(a) She has a big breakfast and does a lot of housework.
(b) She is singing in the shower.
(c) She asks Aunt Cordelia for money for a couple new dresses.
(d) She goes out on a date with a guy named Joseph.
11. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(d) Uncle Haskell.
12. What discovery appalls Julie?
(a) That Uncle Haskell has married a Mexican woman.
(b) To learn that Alicia has converted the room Julie wants into an office.
(c) That Aunt Cordelia is secretly seeing Jonathan.
(d) That her dad plans to have more children with Alicia.
13. Why are all the girls envious?
(a) That her dad introduces Julie to college boys.
(b) That Chris is her brother.
(c) That Julie is so beautiful.
(d) When Brett selects Julie for his girlfriend.
14. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
(a) Brett will get a good grade while Julie will fail.
(b) Brett will fail the class, and Julie will be sent to the dean's office for punishment.
(c) She might have to be put in another English class.
(d) Nothing; she makes him do the writing.
15. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
(a) Time to kiss and hold hands.
(b) Private talk time.
(c) Time for discussing school assignments.
(d) Time to enjoy the natural environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
2. To whom does Julie turn for advice on her new hobby?
3. How does Julie help Alicia?
4. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
5. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)