|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
(a) Julie has one or two suitors every semester, so she's wasn't completely accurate.
(b) Carlotta made no predictions.
(c) Amazingly accurate for the first two years of Julie's high school.
(d) Completely inaccurate as Julie has more suitors than any other girl.
2. What does Jonathan often have to do?
(a) Give Katy calming medicine.
(b) Lightly slap Katy when she is in hysterics.
(c) Find someone to sit with Katy.
(d) Leave work to return home to console his hysterical wife.
3. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That she wants to play music again.
(b) That she is never going to like the country.
(c) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
(d) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
4. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
(a) He can no longer watch Katy in this condition.
(b) He believes Katy will let go and die if he isn't there to give her hope.
(c) He thinks Katy is doing this for his attention.
(d) He thinks Jonathan is abusing Katy.
5. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(a) Uncle Haskell.
6. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
(a) Because Uncle Haskell will scare off any potential suitors.
(b) Because she won't have a lot of the modern conveniences.
(c) Because Aunt Cordelia will be much stricter than Julie's father.
(d) Because no young man will want to drive out there to date Julie.
7. What does Haskell take time to do?
(a) Listen to Katy.
(b) Listen to Jonathan.
(c) Make Julie a shadowbox.
(d) Drive Julie to visit Laura.
8. Where is Uncle Haskell's body found?
(a) In his truck.
(b) In his bed in the carriage house.
(c) In the water near the old creek bridge.
(d) Slumped over in a church pew.
9. What does Julie tell Brett?
(a) About her talk with Alicia.
(b) About her aunt's disapproval.
(c) That she is going to live with her sister.
(d) About the other girls being jealous.
10. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
(a) A bottle of wine to celebrate Uncle Haskell's life.
(b) Some of the sorrows from the childhood she shared with Uncle Haskell.
(c) Some of Uncle Haskell's childhood writings.
(d) Why Uncle Haskell never marries.
11. Who arrives at Cordelia's house to find Katy there?
(a) The doctor.
12. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
(a) Private talk time.
(b) Time for discussing school assignments.
(c) Time to kiss and hold hands.
(d) Time to enjoy the natural environment.
13. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
(a) Brett will fail the class, and Julie will be sent to the dean's office for punishment.
(b) She might have to be put in another English class.
(c) Brett will get a good grade while Julie will fail.
(d) Nothing; she makes him do the writing.
14. About whom are rumors being said?
(a) Carolota and Brandon.
(b) Brett and Carlotta.
(c) Carlota and Jimmy.
(d) Brett and Aimlee.
15. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
(a) The high school band.
(b) School plays.
(c) Of attending college programs with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Chris been before the summer?
2. What discovery appalls Julie?
3. To whom does Julie defend her relationship with Brett?
4. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
5. Who does Brett begin to date?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)