|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(b) The art of good conversation.
(c) Posture and transitions.
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) It doesn't change anything.
(b) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(c) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(d) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
3. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie is mean.
(b) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(c) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
(d) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
4. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bag of golf clubs.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A bunch of daisies.
(d) The evening paper.
5. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
(a) She won a writing contest.
(b) For her twelfth birthday.
(c) For high school graduation.
(d) For no particular reason.
6. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(d) Guardian and schoolteacher.
7. What does Laura do?
(a) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
(b) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(c) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(d) Comes out and yells at the children.
8. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Moving boxes.
(b) Doctors and relatives.
(c) Partying adults.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
9. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
10. What has happened on this October day?
(a) Julie's cat dies.
(b) Julie's grandmother dies.
(c) Julie's father dies.
(d) Julie's mother dies.
11. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) No one in the family.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(b) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To feed the chickens.
13. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of dying.
(b) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of physical abuse.
14. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To pray for her mother.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
15. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
(a) A newborn lamb.
(b) A newborn litter of puppies.
(c) A picture of Jonathan and herself.
(d) An old photograph of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
2. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
3. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
4. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
5. Who escorts the Eltwings?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)