|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a movie in town.
(b) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
(c) To a ride on the pony.
(d) To a bedtime story.
2. Who does Chris call?
(a) No one.
3. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
(c) Some Indian arrowheads.
(d) A sick puppy.
4. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(b) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(c) At her Aunt June's home.
(d) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
5. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(c) Julie's drawings.
6. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(a) The art of good conversation.
(c) Posture and transitions.
7. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(b) Working at the drugstore.
(c) Helping her husband with his studies.
(d) Caring for her baby.
8. Where is Chris going?
(a) Back to live with his father.
(b) No where.
(c) To another aunt's home.
(d) To boarding school.
9. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
(a) Threatens one of the worst rumor mongers with revealing things about that person.
(b) He doesn't try to do anything figuring people gossip and it means nothing.
(c) Has Cordelia's sister chaperone.
(d) There are no rumors to squelch as Cordelia is the model of a lady.
10. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) They hear their friends calling them.
(b) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
(c) He shames them into running off.
(d) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
11. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(b) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(c) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(d) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
12. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(c) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(d) No one.
13. How do Julie and the others respond?
(a) Julie laughs.
(b) Julie impulsively kicks Jonathan.
(c) Julie feels highly complimented since she thinks her aunt is beautiful.
(d) The comment registers horror in Julie and embarrasses the rest of the guests.
14. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A kind train conductor.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
15. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
(a) Julie's other aunt who is there for the party.
(b) Aunt Cordelia's best friend.
(c) Julie's father.
(d) The person Julie does not want to invite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
2. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
3. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
4. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
5. Who is Mrs. Peters?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)