|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie vow?
(a) To apologize to Chris.
(b) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(c) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(d) To treat all fairly.
2. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(a) Aggie Kilpin.
3. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To Aggie's house.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(d) To their secret meeting place.
4. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) Towards some neighborhood children.
(b) In the hallway at school.
(c) In the mall.
(d) In the woods behind her house.
5. What does Julie do as she and Aunt Cordelia are talking?
(a) Hugs her aunt and tells her she is beautiful.
(b) Listens and lets her aunt tell her the story of Jonathan.
(c) Julie apologizes for her behavior earlier in the afternoon.
(d) Says she looks nothing like her aunt.
6. Who is Adam?
(a) Julie's older brother.
(b) Julie's father.
(c) Her brother's best friend.
(d) One of the boys in the group of children.
7. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(b) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(c) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(d) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
8. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(b) Disciplined and educated.
(c) Strictness and neatness.
(d) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
9. What does Laura do?
(a) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
(b) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(c) Comes out and yells at the children.
(d) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
10. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
(a) He doesn't try to do anything figuring people gossip and it means nothing.
(b) Has Cordelia's sister chaperone.
(c) There are no rumors to squelch as Cordelia is the model of a lady.
(d) Threatens one of the worst rumor mongers with revealing things about that person.
11. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
(a) A newborn lamb.
(b) A newborn litter of puppies.
(c) A picture of Jonathan and herself.
(d) An old photograph of herself.
12. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) The way she sucks her thumb.
(b) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
(c) Her dreadful hygiene.
(d) Her vacant look.
13. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She was once in love with him.
(b) She helped him become a famous author.
(c) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(d) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
14. What is Julie's response?
(a) She agrees readily.
(b) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(c) She says she will think about it.
(d) She refuses to invite the person.
15. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
(c) She is dying from an infected cut.
(d) She is moving to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
2. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
3. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
4. Why does Julie scream?
5. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)