|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(b) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(c) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(d) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
2. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(a) Aggie Kilpin.
3. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(b) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
(d) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
4. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(b) He was quite mean to her in high school.
(c) Because he is has changed very radically.
(d) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
5. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(b) Admonishes Julie.
(c) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(d) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
6. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's other aunt.
(b) Julie's aunt's best friend.
(c) Julie's deceased mother.
(d) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
7. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(b) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(c) No one.
(d) Her brother Chris.
8. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(b) Guardian and schoolteacher.
9. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
(a) Loved and loving.
10. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
11. How do Julie and the others respond?
(a) Julie impulsively kicks Jonathan.
(b) The comment registers horror in Julie and embarrasses the rest of the guests.
(c) Julie feels highly complimented since she thinks her aunt is beautiful.
(d) Julie laughs.
12. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Makes her swallow a pill.
(b) Spanks her lightly.
(c) Hypnotizes her.
(d) Gives her a shot.
13. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
(b) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Throws them in the trash.
(d) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
14. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(b) She relents.
(c) She compromises.
(d) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
15. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She helped him become a famous author.
(b) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(c) She was once in love with him.
(d) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
2. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
3. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
4. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
5. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)