|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To not worry and things will work out.
(b) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(c) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
(d) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
2. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Jonathan's last book.
(b) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(c) Julie's drawings.
(d) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
3. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) The neighbor's dog.
4. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(b) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(c) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
(d) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
5. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
(a) They were on opposing debate teams during their high school years.
(b) Aunt Cordelia helps him to study for his college entrance exams.
(c) Aunt Cordielia has not yet met Eltwing.
(d) They are second cousins.
6. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Uncle Haskell.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
7. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(b) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(c) The person just shrugs it off.
(d) The person confronts Julie about it.
8. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's other aunt.
(b) Julie's deceased mother.
(c) Julie's aunt's best friend.
(d) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
9. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) A sick puppy.
(d) Some Indian arrowheads.
10. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(b) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(c) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(d) To treat all students fairly.
11. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
12. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(d) Guardian and schoolteacher.
13. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Julie's drawings.
(d) Playing the piano.
14. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(b) Signs of dying.
(c) Signs of physical abuse.
(d) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
15. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(b) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(c) She cannot stand any more changes.
(d) She hates the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chris call?
2. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
3. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
4. Of what is Julie not convinced?
5. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)