|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Adam?
(a) One of the boys in the group of children.
(b) Julie's older brother.
(c) Her brother's best friend.
(d) Julie's father.
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(b) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(c) She has to use crutches to walk.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(b) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(c) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(d) Goes to sleep.
4. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She is very thin.
(b) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(c) She has never been married.
(d) She is quite elderly.
5. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
(a) That Jonathan wants a divorce.
(b) That Cordelia was married to his best friend, who is now deceased.
(c) That he is planning to start farming again.
(d) That Cordelia is the one who helps him get into college.
6. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(b) Julie's drawings.
(c) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
(d) Jonathan's last book.
7. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) The neighbor's dog.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her dad.
8. Where is Chris going?
(a) Back to live with his father.
(b) No where.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To another aunt's home.
9. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(d) Julie's drawings.
10. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(b) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(c) Remembers times when she has been there.
11. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) A clown and candy.
(b) Ice cream and cones.
(c) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(d) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
12. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(b) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(c) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(d) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
13. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
(a) She looks very intelligent.
(b) She looks like an angel from God.
(c) She is clean and beautiful.
(d) It doesn't look like she is dead.
14. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She draws pictures on each one.
(b) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(c) She safely stows them in her trunk.
(d) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
15. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is moving to another city.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She is dying from an infected cut.
(d) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
2. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
3. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
4. Where does Julie awaken?
5. What does Julie vow?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)