|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(b) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(c) Because he is has changed very radically.
(d) He was quite mean to her in high school.
2. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) A clown and candy.
(b) Ice cream and cones.
(c) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(d) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
3. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of dying.
(d) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
4. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(b) Adam, Julie's father.
(c) No one.
5. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(b) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(d) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
6. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has to use crutches to walk.
(b) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(c) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
7. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(b) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(c) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(d) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
8. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
(b) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
(c) Throws them in the trash.
(d) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
9. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) It doesn't change anything.
(b) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(c) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(d) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
10. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(b) Remembers times when she has been there.
(d) Tries to figure out why she is there.
11. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
(b) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(c) That all religions lead to the same place.
(d) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
12. What has happened on this October day?
(a) Julie's mother dies.
(b) Julie's grandmother dies.
(c) Julie's father dies.
(d) Julie's cat dies.
13. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(b) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(c) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(d) By saying he has to go work on his book.
14. Where is Chris going?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) To another aunt's home.
(c) Back to live with his father.
(d) No where.
15. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
2. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
3. Who is Adam?
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
5. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)