|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
(a) When Julie is sixteen.
(b) When Julie is very ill.
(c) When Laura is having her third child.
(d) When she is pregnant.
2. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(b) Adam, Julie's father.
(c) No one.
(d) Jonathan's mother.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(b) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(c) A clown and candy.
(d) Ice cream and cones.
4. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) Some Indian arrowheads.
(d) A sick puppy.
5. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Admonishes Julie.
(b) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(c) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(d) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
6. Who is moving to town?
(a) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
(b) Julie's father and his new wife.
(c) Chris and his new wife.
(d) Laura and her husband.
7. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(b) Aggie Kilpin.
8. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
(b) She is dying from an infected cut.
(c) She is moving to another city.
(d) She is getting married.
9. When did Julie last play with these children?
(a) Three years ago.
10. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
(b) He shames them into running off.
(c) They hear their friends calling them.
(d) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
11. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(a) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(d) Remembers times when she has been there.
12. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Uncle Haskell.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
13. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(b) A teacher.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) A kind train conductor.
14. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bag of golf clubs.
(b) The evening paper.
(c) A bunch of daisies.
(d) A puppy.
15. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(c) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(d) To treat all students fairly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
2. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
3. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
4. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
5. What does Laura do?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)