|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Ice cream and cones.
(b) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(c) A clown and candy.
(d) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
2. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
(a) Chris is unable to come home from school so Julie is too sad to go to the wedding.
(b) They get together and cry.
(c) They sneak away and don't go to the wedding.
(d) They participate in the wedding.
3. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To their secret meeting place.
(b) To the church.
(c) To Aggie's house.
(d) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
4. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person just shrugs it off.
(b) The person confronts Julie about it.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
5. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
(a) She won a writing contest.
(b) For no particular reason.
(c) For her twelfth birthday.
(d) For high school graduation.
6. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of dying.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of physical abuse.
7. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) A sick puppy.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) Some Indian arrowheads.
(d) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
8. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(d) Goes to sleep.
9. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(b) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(d) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
10. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
(b) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(c) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(d) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
11. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(b) It doesn't change anything.
(c) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(d) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
12. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a movie in town.
(b) To a bedtime story.
(c) To a ride on the pony.
(d) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
13. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(b) About the different religious beliefs.
(c) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(d) What happens to people when they die.
14. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She was once in love with him.
(b) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(c) She helped him become a famous author.
(d) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
15. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(b) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(c) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(d) She is almost six feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Julie and the others respond?
2. What do the children whisper?
3. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
4. Of what is Julie not convinced?
5. With what is Julie's house filled?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)