|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
(a) Takes her to the zoo.
(b) Makes her hot chocolate.
(c) Makes her cupcakes.
(d) Apologizes for being too harsh.
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has a cast on her right leg.
(b) She has to use crutches to walk.
(c) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
3. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(b) Adam, Julie's father.
(d) No one.
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Meals brought from friends.
(b) Partying adults.
(c) Doctors and relatives.
(d) Moving boxes.
5. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(b) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(c) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(d) She is almost six feet tall.
6. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(b) Because he is has changed very radically.
(c) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(d) He was quite mean to her in high school.
7. What does Julie vow?
(a) To treat all fairly.
(b) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(c) To apologize to Chris.
(d) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
8. Who does Laura meet?
(a) A man who dated their mom in high school.
(b) Julie's best friend at school.
(c) No one in particular.
(d) Bill Strohmer.
9. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(c) To their secret meeting place.
(d) To Aggie's house.
10. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
(a) Tutoring other children.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) Through teaching.
(d) Through farm revenues.
11. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(b) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(c) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(d) It doesn't change anything.
12. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Hypnotizes her.
(b) Spanks her lightly.
(c) Makes her swallow a pill.
(d) Gives her a shot.
13. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(b) The person confronts Julie about it.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person just shrugs it off.
14. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
15. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
(a) She looks very intelligent.
(b) It doesn't look like she is dead.
(c) She looks like an angel from God.
(d) She is clean and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
2. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
4. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
5. Why does Julie scream?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)