|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
(b) The way she sucks her thumb.
(c) Her dreadful hygiene.
(d) Her vacant look.
2. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
(b) Disciplined and educated.
(c) Strictness and neatness.
(d) Meticulous and well-ordered.
3. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Run for class president.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Return to her father's home.
4. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(b) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(c) At her Aunt June's home.
(d) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
5. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(b) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(d) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
6. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
7. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
(a) A newborn lamb.
(b) A picture of Jonathan and herself.
(c) A newborn litter of puppies.
(d) An old photograph of herself.
8. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(c) Guardian and schoolteacher.
9. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She relents.
(b) She compromises.
(c) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(d) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
10. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
11. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Uncle Haskell.
12. Who is moving to town?
(a) Julie's father and his new wife.
(b) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
(c) Laura and her husband.
(d) Chris and his new wife.
13. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(b) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
(c) She safely stows them in her trunk.
(d) She draws pictures on each one.
14. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) About the different religious beliefs.
(b) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(c) What happens to people when they die.
(d) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
15. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has to use crutches to walk.
(b) She has a cast on her right leg.
(c) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
2. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
3. Who is Mrs. Peters?
4. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
5. What do the children whisper?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)