|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(b) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(c) Ice cream and cones.
(d) A clown and candy.
2. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Helping her husband with his studies.
(b) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(c) Caring for her baby.
(d) Working at the drugstore.
3. Who is Adam?
(a) Julie's father.
(b) Julie's older brother.
(c) Her brother's best friend.
(d) One of the boys in the group of children.
4. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
(a) They sneak away and don't go to the wedding.
(b) Chris is unable to come home from school so Julie is too sad to go to the wedding.
(c) They participate in the wedding.
(d) They get together and cry.
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(b) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(c) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(d) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
6. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To pray for her mother.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To talk to a priest.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
7. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
(b) He shames them into running off.
(c) They hear their friends calling them.
(d) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
8. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(b) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(c) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
(d) That Julie is mean.
9. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(b) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(c) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(d) It doesn't change anything.
10. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
11. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
(d) Loved and loving.
12. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Getting set in her ways.
(b) Helping Julie become a better person.
(c) Being unreasonable.
(d) Preferring boys over girls.
13. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
(b) When her sister and father come to visit.
(c) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(d) When she prays at night.
14. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her dad.
(d) The neighbor's dog.
15. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(b) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
(d) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chris call?
2. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
3. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
4. What has happened on this October day?
5. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)