|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt June's home.
(b) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(c) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(d) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
2. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
(b) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(c) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(d) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
3. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(d) Julie's drawings.
4. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
(b) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(c) When she prays at night.
(d) When her sister and father come to visit.
5. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Meals brought from friends.
(b) Moving boxes.
(c) Partying adults.
(d) Doctors and relatives.
6. What does Laura do?
(a) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
(b) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(c) Comes out and yells at the children.
(d) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
7. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Spanks her lightly.
(b) Makes her swallow a pill.
(c) Hypnotizes her.
(d) Gives her a shot.
8. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
(a) Her inability to be cheerful as usual.
(b) Laura's crotchety behavior.
(c) Her not being able to lie in bed with Julie and reminisce.
(d) Her slovenly state.
9. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(b) She compromises.
(c) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(d) She relents.
10. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(b) Because he is has changed very radically.
(c) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(d) He was quite mean to her in high school.
11. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
(a) When Julie is sixteen.
(b) When Laura is having her third child.
(c) When Julie is very ill.
(d) When she is pregnant.
12. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
13. Who does Laura meet?
(a) No one in particular.
(b) A man who dated their mom in high school.
(c) Bill Strohmer.
(d) Julie's best friend at school.
14. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(b) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(c) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(d) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
15. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
(b) Some Indian arrowheads.
(c) A sick puppy.
(d) A dead rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
2. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
3. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
4. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
5. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)