|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
(a) Through teaching.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) Through farm revenues.
(d) Tutoring other children.
2. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
(b) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(c) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(d) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
(b) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(c) Strictness and neatness.
(d) Disciplined and educated.
4. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person confronts Julie about it.
(b) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(c) The person just shrugs it off.
(d) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
5. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Getting set in her ways.
(b) Helping Julie become a better person.
(c) Being unreasonable.
(d) Preferring boys over girls.
6. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(b) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To feed the chickens.
7. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) Uncle Haskell.
8. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) The way she sucks her thumb.
(b) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
(c) Her vacant look.
(d) Her dreadful hygiene.
9. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) No one in the family.
10. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Run for class president.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) Return to her father's home.
(d) Go to boarding school.
11. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of dying.
12. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(c) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(d) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
13. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(c) Adam, Julie's father.
(d) No one.
14. Who does Laura meet?
(a) A man who dated their mom in high school.
(b) No one in particular.
(c) Julie's best friend at school.
(d) Bill Strohmer.
15. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) The neighbor's dog.
(d) Her dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Aggie die?
2. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
3. Why does Julie scream?
4. What does Laura do?
5. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)