|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
(a) The person Julie does not want to invite.
(b) Julie's father.
(c) Aunt Cordelia's best friend.
(d) Julie's other aunt who is there for the party.
2. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(d) Aggie Kilpin.
3. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(b) Caring for her baby.
(c) Helping her husband with his studies.
(d) Working at the drugstore.
4. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(b) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
(c) That all religions lead to the same place.
(d) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
5. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To their secret meeting place.
(b) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(c) To Aggie's house.
(d) To the church.
6. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) What happens to people when they die.
(b) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(c) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(d) About the different religious beliefs.
7. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(c) No one.
(d) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
8. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
9. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(b) Guardian and schoolteacher.
10. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's deceased mother.
(b) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
(c) Julie's other aunt.
(d) Julie's aunt's best friend.
11. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(b) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(c) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(d) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
12. When does Aggie die?
(a) She miraculously recovers.
(b) The morning after Julie visits her.
(c) It takes her another week to die.
(d) She nevers gets fully well but lives another couple years.
13. What does Julie vow?
(a) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(b) To apologize to Chris.
(c) To treat all fairly.
(d) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
14. Who does Laura meet?
(a) Bill Strohmer.
(b) No one in particular.
(c) Julie's best friend at school.
(d) A man who dated their mom in high school.
15. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is moving to another city.
(b) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
(c) She is dying from an infected cut.
(d) She is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
2. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
3. What is the aunt's occupation?
4. What has happened on this October day?
5. What is the aunt's response?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)