|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) Because he is has changed very radically.
(b) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
(c) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(d) He was quite mean to her in high school.
2. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Being unreasonable.
(b) Getting set in her ways.
(c) Preferring boys over girls.
(d) Helping Julie become a better person.
3. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(b) She helped him become a famous author.
(c) She was once in love with him.
(d) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
4. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(b) She has never been married.
(c) She is quite elderly.
(d) She is very thin.
5. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
(a) Her cooking ability.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Her muscial talents.
(d) She is a well-known writer herself.
6. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Throws them in the trash.
(b) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
(d) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
7. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(b) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
(c) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(d) At her Aunt June's home.
8. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person just shrugs it off.
(b) The person confronts Julie about it.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
9. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
10. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is moving to another city.
(c) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
(d) She is dying from an infected cut.
11. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
12. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(b) When her sister and father come to visit.
(c) When she prays at night.
(d) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
13. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(c) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(d) No one.
14. Where is Chris going?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) No where.
(c) To another aunt's home.
(d) Back to live with his father.
15. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Working at the drugstore.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Caring for her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
2. Who does Chris call?
3. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
4. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)