|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(b) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(c) That Julie is mean.
(d) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
2. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Julie's drawings.
3. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(b) No one.
(c) Adam, Julie's father.
4. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(a) Aggie Kilpin.
5. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
(a) A driver.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) A spade.
(d) A sick puppy.
6. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(b) What happens to people when they die.
(c) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(d) About the different religious beliefs.
7. Where is Chris going?
(a) To another aunt's home.
(b) Back to live with his father.
(c) No where.
(d) To boarding school.
8. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Makes her swallow a pill.
(b) Hypnotizes her.
(c) Gives her a shot.
(d) Spanks her lightly.
9. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
(a) Her muscial talents.
(b) She is a well-known writer herself.
(c) Her paintings.
(d) Her cooking ability.
10. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(b) She is almost six feet tall.
(c) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(d) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
11. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(b) She has to use crutches to walk.
(c) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
12. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She cannot stand any more changes.
(b) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(c) She hates the children.
(d) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
13. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Aunt Cordelia helps him to study for his college entrance exams.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) Aunt Cordielia has not yet met Eltwing.
(d) They were on opposing debate teams during their high school years.
14. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(d) She laughs.
15. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Working at the drugstore.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Caring for her baby.
(d) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
2. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
3. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
4. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
5. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)