|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
(a) They probably won't because of Jonathan and Cordelia's former relationship.
(c) As soon as they are settled in.
(d) Jonathan has decided not to move back after all, so Cordelia will not see him.
2. When does Aggie die?
(a) It takes her another week to die.
(b) She miraculously recovers.
(c) She nevers gets fully well but lives another couple years.
(d) The morning after Julie visits her.
3. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(b) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(c) She has a cast on her right leg.
(d) She has to use crutches to walk.
4. Who does Chris call?
(b) No one.
5. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person confronts Julie about it.
(b) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(c) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(d) The person just shrugs it off.
6. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Julie's drawings.
7. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
(b) He shames them into running off.
(c) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
(d) They hear their friends calling them.
8. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(b) Jonathan's mother.
(c) Adam, Julie's father.
(d) No one.
9. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A beautician.
(d) A store clerk.
10. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
(a) She is a well-known writer herself.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Her muscial talents.
(d) Her cooking ability.
11. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(b) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(c) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(d) It doesn't change anything.
12. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) Aunt Cordielia has not yet met Eltwing.
(c) Aunt Cordelia helps him to study for his college entrance exams.
(d) They were on opposing debate teams during their high school years.
13. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Run for class president.
(b) Return to her father's home.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Nothing in particular.
14. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(b) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(c) Her brother Chris.
(d) No one.
15. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To treat all students fairly.
(b) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(c) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(d) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie awaken?
2. What is the aunt's response?
3. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
4. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
5. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)