|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
2. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a ride on the pony.
(b) To a movie in town.
(c) To a bedtime story.
(d) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
3. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(b) It doesn't change anything.
(c) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(d) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
4. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(b) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
(c) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
(d) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
5. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Uncle Haskell.
6. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(b) Remembers times when she has been there.
(d) Tries to figure out why she is there.
7. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(b) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(c) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(d) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
8. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Helping Julie become a better person.
(b) Preferring boys over girls.
(c) Being unreasonable.
(d) Getting set in her ways.
9. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(b) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
10. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
(b) Aggie Kilpin.
11. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Spanks her lightly.
(b) Hypnotizes her.
(c) Makes her swallow a pill.
(d) Gives her a shot.
12. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When she prays at night.
(b) When her sister and father come to visit.
(c) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(d) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
13. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) The neighbor's dog.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her uncle.
14. What is Julie's response?
(a) She refuses to invite the person.
(b) She says she will think about it.
(c) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(d) She agrees readily.
15. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of dying.
(d) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
2. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
3. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
4. Where does Julie awaken?
5. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)