Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Who does Julie meet as the novel opens and why hasn't she seen them for awhile?
2. What does Julie do when she hears the children say she will be going away and why?
3. What happens to Julie when Laura takes her to her room?
4. Where is Julie when she awakens?
5. Why does Julie feel vulnerable when she gets up after her mother's funeral?
6. Where does Julie end up on her first day at her aunt's house and what...
This section contains 855 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)