|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie hear people whispering?
(a) That Julie is too much for Aunt Cordelia to handle.
(b) That Uncle Haskell is in trouble with the law.
(c) That Julie's father is moving to the farm.
(d) That Aunt Cordelia is seeing Jonathan.
2. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
(a) Apologizes for being too harsh.
(b) Makes her hot chocolate.
(c) Takes her to the zoo.
(d) Makes her cupcakes.
3. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) What happens to people when they die.
(b) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(c) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(d) About the different religious beliefs.
4. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(b) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
(c) That Julie is mean.
(d) That Julie's mother is a witch.
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
(a) To ask how her English thesis is coming along.
(b) To tell her she has heard some unsavory things about Brett.
(c) To tell her she is barely making a "C" in class.
(d) To tell her that she must stop doing Brett's English papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
2. What does Julie do as she and Aunt Cordelia are talking?
3. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
4. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
5. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)