|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia share with Julie?
(a) A bottle of wine to celebrate Uncle Haskell's life.
(b) Some of the sorrows from the childhood she shared with Uncle Haskell.
(c) Why Uncle Haskell never marries.
(d) Some of Uncle Haskell's childhood writings.
2. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
(a) They say that she'll never make a living as a writer.
(b) They are happy for her but think she is wasting her time.
(c) The entire family supports her efforts and celebrates with her.
(d) They tell her not to let it go to her head.
3. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She safely stows them in her trunk.
(b) She draws pictures on each one.
(c) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
(d) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
4. Ultimately, what does Julie know about Aunt Cordelia?
(a) That Aunt Cordelia is probably projecting in that she never marries.
(b) That Aunt Cordelia can not make the decision for Julie.
(c) That Aunt Cordelia probably wants Julie there to help her as she is getting older.
(d) That Aunt Cordelia has Julie's best interests at heart.
5. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(b) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
(c) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(d) Admonishes Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
2. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
3. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
4. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
5. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)