|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(b) She cannot stand any more changes.
(c) She hates the children.
(d) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
2. What is the cause of Uncle Haskell's problem?
(a) He thinks from chemicals used in the war.
(b) She married someone else.
3. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
(b) Aunt Cordelia dies.
(c) Julie's father marries Alicia.
(d) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
4. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
(b) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
(c) She and her dad seem like strangers.
(d) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
5. What honor does Julie earn?
(a) Valedictorian of her class.
(b) The most outstanding female athelete of her class.
(c) Being voted the girl most likely to succeed.
(d) A scholarship to Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
2. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
3. What is the aunt's occupation?
4. About what is Julie wondering?
5. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)