|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie rise early one morning?
(a) To see the sunrise for some inspiration for writing.
(b) To ride over to Danny's to show him her acceptance letter.
(c) To make the entire family a fancy breakfast.
(d) To go tell her uncle about her success.
2. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) Main street.
(b) A garden.
(c) The railroad tracks.
(d) The Hurley woods.
3. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Ask to go to a boarding school.
(b) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
(d) Run away to the city.
4. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(b) Washing her feet.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Reading to her.
5. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a ride on the pony.
(b) To a bedtime story.
(c) To a movie in town.
(d) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adam have mixed feelings about the day?
2. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
3. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
4. When did Julie last play with these children?
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)