|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Caring for her baby.
(b) Working at the drugstore.
(c) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Helping her husband with his studies.
2. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Throws them in the trash.
(b) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
(c) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
(d) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
3. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of dying.
(d) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
4. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
(a) Julie's other aunt who is there for the party.
(b) The person Julie does not want to invite.
(c) Aunt Cordelia's best friend.
(d) Julie's father.
5. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has a cast on her right leg.
(b) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(c) She has to use crutches to walk.
(d) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
2. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
3. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
4. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
5. Why does Julie rise early one morning?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)