|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
2. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
(b) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(c) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
(d) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
3. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(a) Remembers times when she has been there.
(b) Tries to figure out why she is there.
4. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
(a) She won't speak to him.
(b) He has heard some mean rumors about her and Brett.
(c) She didn't tell him she was staying after school.
(d) He was afraid for her to walk home alone.
5. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(c) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
2. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
3. What does Julie tell Brett?
4. What trait does Aunt Cordelia not want Julie to learn from Aunt Cordelia?
5. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)