|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
(a) She thinks it's too late to walk in the woods.
(b) She is not sure if Brett knows the woods well enough in the dark.
(c) She fears Brett's temper.
(d) She thinks Brett needs a man-to-man talk.
2. Who does Brett begin to date?
(d) No one; he continues to try to get Julie to get back with him.
3. What does Jonathan do one night after dinner?
(a) Gives a reading of his newly-published book.
(b) Prepares his famous pumpkin pie.
(c) Washes all the dishes.
(d) Lingers to play and sing at the piano.
4. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(b) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
(c) Jonathan's last book.
(d) Julie's drawings.
5. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
(a) By her hysterical outbursts.
(b) By the medicine that supposedly is helping her.
(c) By her refusal to get out of bed.
(d) By her refusal to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
2. What happens in the Spring?
3. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)