|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura meet?
(a) No one in particular.
(b) Julie's best friend at school.
(c) A man who dated their mom in high school.
(d) Bill Strohmer.
2. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
(a) She thinks Brett needs a man-to-man talk.
(b) She thinks it's too late to walk in the woods.
(c) She is not sure if Brett knows the woods well enough in the dark.
(d) She fears Brett's temper.
3. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The neighbor's dog.
4. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(b) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(c) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(d) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
5. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
(a) To a town about five miles from Aunt Cordelia's town.
(b) Into a farm adjacent to Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(c) To the city nearby.
(d) Into a house about three miles from Aunt Cordelia's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
2. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
3. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
4. Why are all the girls envious?
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)