|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
2. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
(a) Has Cordelia's sister chaperone.
(b) Threatens one of the worst rumor mongers with revealing things about that person.
(c) There are no rumors to squelch as Cordelia is the model of a lady.
(d) He doesn't try to do anything figuring people gossip and it means nothing.
3. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(b) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(c) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(d) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
4. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A store clerk.
(c) A beautician.
(d) She is unemployed.
5. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
(a) Slaps her in anger.
(b) Tries to coerce her into walking in the woods with him.
(c) Tells her he understands.
(d) Leaves immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
2. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
3. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
4. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
5. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)