|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie is mean.
(b) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(c) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
(d) That Julie's mother is a witch.
2. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(b) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(c) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(d) Goes to sleep.
3. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
(b) Aunt Cordelia dies.
(c) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
(d) Julie's father marries Alicia.
4. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
(a) There are no rumors to squelch as Cordelia is the model of a lady.
(b) He doesn't try to do anything figuring people gossip and it means nothing.
(c) Threatens one of the worst rumor mongers with revealing things about that person.
(d) Has Cordelia's sister chaperone.
5. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
(a) She is singing in the shower.
(b) She has a big breakfast and does a lot of housework.
(c) She asks Aunt Cordelia for money for a couple new dresses.
(d) She goes out on a date with a guy named Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adam?
2. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
3. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
4. To what does Julie look forward?
5. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)