|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) A clown and candy.
(b) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(c) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(d) Ice cream and cones.
2. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
(a) Because Aunt Cordelia will be much stricter than Julie's father.
(b) Because Uncle Haskell will scare off any potential suitors.
(c) Because no young man will want to drive out there to date Julie.
(d) Because she won't have a lot of the modern conveniences.
3. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
4. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(d) Goes to sleep.
5. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
(b) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
(c) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(d) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
2. What does Julie hear people whispering?
3. What does Haskell play for Katy?
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
5. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)