|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's aunt's best friend.
(b) Julie's deceased mother.
(c) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
(d) Julie's other aunt.
2. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(b) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(c) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(d) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
3. What does Laura do?
(a) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
(b) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(c) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(d) Comes out and yells at the children.
4. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) A sick puppy.
(b) Some Indian arrowheads.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
5. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person just shrugs it off.
(b) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(c) The person confronts Julie about it.
(d) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers they are in love?
2. What does Julie tell Brett?
3. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
4. Who is moving to town?
5. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)