|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
(b) They hear their friends calling them.
(c) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
(d) He shames them into running off.
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(b) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(c) It doesn't change anything.
(d) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
3. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
(b) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(c) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
(d) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
4. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is dying from an infected cut.
(c) She is moving to another city.
(d) She is being sent to an asylum for the insane.
5. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
(a) She becomes competitive for her father's attention with Alicia.
(b) She remains indifferent.
(c) She becomes more hostile.
(d) She warms to her and enjoys her company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
2. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
3. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
4. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
5. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)