|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett upset about in English class?
(a) That Julie speaks to another boy.
(b) An assignment on Civil Disobedience.
(c) An assignment to memorize some poetry.
(d) An assignment to work in class.
2. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
(b) Jonathan's last book.
(c) Julie's drawings.
(d) Cordelia's excellent meal.
3. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(b) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
(c) It doesn't change anything.
(d) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
4. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
(b) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(c) Admonishes Julie.
(d) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
5. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(b) Guardian and schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
2. What is the aunt's occupation?
3. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
4. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
5. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)