|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her dad.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
2. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) A garden.
(b) The Hurley woods.
(c) Main street.
(d) The railroad tracks.
3. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(b) Washing her feet.
(c) Reading to her.
(d) Playing the piano.
4. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(b) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
(c) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(d) Admonishes Julie.
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She helped him become a famous author.
(b) She was once in love with him.
(c) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
(d) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
2. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
3. What has happened on this October day?
4. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
5. Where has Chris been before the summer?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)