|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
(b) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
(c) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(d) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
2. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Throws them in the trash.
(b) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
(d) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
3. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
(a) Excitement about having Julie for the summer months at least.
(b) Happy that she will soon no longer be burdened with raising Julie.
(c) Sadness about Jonathan.
(d) Sadness at the prospect of Julie leaving.
4. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Julie's drawings.
(b) Jonathan's last book.
(c) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(d) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
5. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(b) Ice cream and cones.
(c) A clown and candy.
(d) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
2. What does Laura do?
3. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
4. What has an especially bad end?
5. What is Julie's response?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)