|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To Aggie's house.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(d) To their secret meeting place.
2. When does Aggie die?
(a) She miraculously recovers.
(b) It takes her another week to die.
(c) She nevers gets fully well but lives another couple years.
(d) The morning after Julie visits her.
3. What has an especially bad end?
(a) Julie's relationship to Carlotta.
(b) Uncle Haskell who freezes to death in the woods while drunk.
(c) Julie's junior year.
(d) Brett who dies in a car crash when angry and drunk.
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of dying.
(b) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(c) Signs of physical abuse.
(d) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
5. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(b) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(c) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(d) By saying he has to go work on his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
2. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
3. What does Julie secretly think?
4. How long is it before Julie feels happy again after the breakup with Brett?
5. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)