|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
(a) They were on opposing debate teams during their high school years.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) Aunt Cordelia helps him to study for his college entrance exams.
(d) Aunt Cordielia has not yet met Eltwing.
2. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
(a) A sick puppy.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) Some Indian arrowheads.
(d) Their Uncle Haskell digging in the woods.
3. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She and her dad seem like strangers.
(b) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
(c) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
(d) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
4. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(d) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
5. Who does Laura meet?
(a) Bill Strohmer.
(b) Julie's best friend at school.
(c) A man who dated their mom in high school.
(d) No one in particular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
2. What do the children whisper?
3. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
4. Why is the driver irritated with Julie?
5. What does Laura do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)