|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
(b) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
(c) Aunt Cordelia dies.
(d) Julie's father marries Alicia.
2. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
(a) Leaves immediately.
(b) Slaps her in anger.
(c) Tells her he understands.
(d) Tries to coerce her into walking in the woods with him.
3. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(c) Uncle Haskell.
4. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
(a) Haskell says he wants nothing to do with Katy's eccentricities.
(b) They become friends.
(d) Katy cannot bear the sight of Haskell.
5. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(b) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(c) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(d) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
2. About what does Brett seem most upset?
3. What does Julie tell Brett?
4. Of what is Julie not convinced?
5. Who does Laura meet?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)