|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discovery appalls Julie?
(a) That Aunt Cordelia is secretly seeing Jonathan.
(b) That her dad plans to have more children with Alicia.
(c) To learn that Alicia has converted the room Julie wants into an office.
(d) That Uncle Haskell has married a Mexican woman.
2. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About her move back home.
(b) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(c) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(d) About what will happen to her pony.
3. Why does Brett come over later that night?
(a) To apologize for his behavior in English class.
(b) To walk with Julie in the woods.
(c) To get a free dinner.
(d) For help with his homework.
4. What is Julie's response?
(a) She says she will think about it.
(b) She agrees readily.
(c) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(d) She refuses to invite the person.
5. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(a) Posture and transitions.
(d) The art of good conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
2. What has happened on this October day?
3. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
4. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
5. Where is Chris going?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)