|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
(a) Because Aunt Cordelia will be much stricter than Julie's father.
(b) Because no young man will want to drive out there to date Julie.
(c) Because Uncle Haskell will scare off any potential suitors.
(d) Because she won't have a lot of the modern conveniences.
2. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) Her dreadful hygiene.
(b) Her vacant look.
(c) The way she sucks her thumb.
(d) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
3. Who is moving to town?
(a) Julie's father and his new wife.
(b) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
(c) Chris and his new wife.
(d) Laura and her husband.
4. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(a) Posture and transitions.
(c) The art of good conversation.
5. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
(a) To help him edit his novel.
(b) To eat some of Katy's famous Cajun cooking.
(c) To do repair work.
(d) Because Uncle Haskell is the only person who has a calming influence on Katy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
3. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
4. When does Aggie die?
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)