|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(c) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(d) Remembers times when she has been there.
2. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
(b) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(c) To not worry and things will work out.
(d) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That they look so much alike.
(b) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(c) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
(d) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
4. What relationship is Jonathan Eltwing to Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Aunt Cordielia has not yet met Eltwing.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) They were on opposing debate teams during their high school years.
(d) Aunt Cordelia helps him to study for his college entrance exams.
5. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
(a) Works late to avoid his wife.
(b) Seeks out the comfort of Aunt Cordelia's big house as a retreat from the stress of his own life.
(c) Goes to talk to the priest about his wife.
(d) Has a few drinks with Haskell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
2. Who does Chris call?
3. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
4. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
5. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)