|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(c) Uncle Haskell.
2. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A kind train conductor.
3. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(b) To her former room at her dad's house.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
4. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(b) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
(c) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
(d) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
5. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(b) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(c) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(d) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
2. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
3. With what is Julie's house filled?
4. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
5. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)