|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
(b) She and her dad seem like strangers.
(c) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
(d) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
2. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A puppy.
(b) The evening paper.
(c) A bunch of daisies.
(d) A bag of golf clubs.
3. To whom does Julie defend her relationship with Brett?
(a) Her father, aunt, and Alicia.
(b) No one.
(c) The other girls.
(d) Her brother Chris.
4. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
(a) Jonathan has decided not to move back after all, so Cordelia will not see him.
(c) They probably won't because of Jonathan and Cordelia's former relationship.
(d) As soon as they are settled in.
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(b) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
(c) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(d) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
2. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
3. About what is Julie wondering?
4. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
5. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)