|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
(b) That she wants to play music again.
(c) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
(d) That she is never going to like the country.
2. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
(a) Goes to talk to the priest about his wife.
(b) Seeks out the comfort of Aunt Cordelia's big house as a retreat from the stress of his own life.
(c) Works late to avoid his wife.
(d) Has a few drinks with Haskell.
3. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
(a) She becomes a cheerleader.
(b) Her brother Chris starts attending the high school and introduces her to guys.
(c) The proverbial "boy next door" comes home from boarding school.
(d) She meets a boy named Brett Kingsman who enrolls in school when his father is transferred to town.
4. Who is moving to town?
(a) Julie's father and his new wife.
(b) Laura and her husband.
(c) Chris and his new wife.
(d) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
5. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
2. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
3. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
4. What is Brett upset about in English class?
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)