|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
(a) Aunt Cordelia's last year of teaching.
(b) Laura's third daughter is born.
(c) Julie's move back home.
(d) Uncle Haskell's death.
2. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(b) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To feed the chickens.
3. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a ride on the pony.
(b) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
(c) To a bedtime story.
(d) To a movie in town.
4. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
(b) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(c) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(d) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
5. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She relents.
(b) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(c) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(d) She compromises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
2. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
3. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
4. What happens in the Spring?
5. When did Julie last play with these children?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)