|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(b) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(c) What happens to people when they die.
(d) About the different religious beliefs.
2. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
(a) He was quite mean to her in high school.
(b) Because he is has changed very radically.
(c) Because he is married and bringing his wife.
(d) He is probably too famous now to have much to do with the likes of her.
3. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
(a) It's time to go to the schoolroom.
(b) They hear their aunt Cordelia calling them for dinner.
(c) They hear their friends calling them.
(d) He shames them into running off.
4. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
(a) Plays two songs over and over on the piano.
(b) Reads poetry in the words.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Stays in bed.
5. Who is Adam?
(a) Her brother's best friend.
(b) Julie's older brother.
(c) One of the boys in the group of children.
(d) Julie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
2. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
3. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
4. Why are all the girls envious?
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)