|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie's luck change with the guys?
(a) Her brother Chris starts attending the high school and introduces her to guys.
(b) She meets a boy named Brett Kingsman who enrolls in school when his father is transferred to town.
(c) The proverbial "boy next door" comes home from boarding school.
(d) She becomes a cheerleader.
2. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She compromises.
(b) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(c) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(d) She relents.
3. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To pray for her mother.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(d) To talk to a priest.
4. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
(b) Julie's deceased mother.
(c) Julie's other aunt.
(d) Julie's aunt's best friend.
5. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Helping Julie become a better person.
(b) Getting set in her ways.
(c) Preferring boys over girls.
(d) Being unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
2. Why does Aunt Cordelia summon Uncle Haskell to have Brett leave?
3. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
4. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
5. What were the college guys more interested in than in Julie?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)