|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
(b) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(c) Julie's drawings.
(d) Jonathan's last book.
2. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
(a) The art of good conversation.
(d) Posture and transitions.
3. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of dying.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of physical abuse.
4. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
(a) A driver.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) A sick puppy.
(d) A spade.
5. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
(a) Sadness at the prospect of Julie leaving.
(b) Happy that she will soon no longer be burdened with raising Julie.
(c) Excitement about having Julie for the summer months at least.
(d) Sadness about Jonathan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brett come over later that night?
2. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
3. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
4. What does Haskell play for Katy?
5. What does not come about as Jonathan had hoped?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)