|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) She is only four foot, two inches tall.
(b) Mrs. Eltwing seems very childlike in her eating and speech.
(c) She does not seem to know Jonathan very well.
(d) She is almost six feet tall.
2. What does Haskell take time to do?
(a) Listen to Jonathan.
(b) Drive Julie to visit Laura.
(c) Listen to Katy.
(d) Make Julie a shadowbox.
3. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) The neighbor's dog.
(d) Her dad.
4. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(b) About what will happen to her pony.
(c) About her move back home.
(d) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
5. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
(b) To help him bury some more bottles.
(c) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
(d) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
2. What does Jonathan often have to do?
3. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
5. What is the aunt's occupation?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)