|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
2. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
(a) Stays in bed.
(b) Reads poetry in the words.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Plays two songs over and over on the piano.
3. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(b) What happens to people when they die.
(c) About the different religious beliefs.
(d) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
4. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(b) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(c) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(d) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
5. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
(a) Uncle Haskell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
2. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
3. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
4. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
5. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)