|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
(b) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(c) That all religions lead to the same place.
(d) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
2. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
(a) Because she won't have a lot of the modern conveniences.
(b) Because Uncle Haskell will scare off any potential suitors.
(c) Because no young man will want to drive out there to date Julie.
(d) Because Aunt Cordelia will be much stricter than Julie's father.
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
(b) That they look so much alike.
(c) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(d) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
4. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She sends both to different corners for time out.
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Run for class president.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Return to her father's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
2. Why does Brett come over later that night?
3. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
4. What is odd about Mrs. Eltwing?
5. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)