|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(b) Tries to figure out why she is there.
(d) Remembers times when she has been there.
2. What does Uncle Haskell applaud?
(a) Jonathan's last book.
(b) Julie's drawings.
(c) Cordelia's excellent meal.
(d) Mrs. Eltwing for her talents.
3. What is Julie's response?
(a) She refuses to invite the person.
(b) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(c) She agrees readily.
(d) She says she will think about it.
4. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) In the hallway at school.
(b) Towards some neighborhood children.
(c) In the mall.
(d) In the woods behind her house.
5. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
2. The next day, what does Aunt Cordelia show Julie?
3. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
4. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
5. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)