|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A puppy.
(b) The evening paper.
(c) A bag of golf clubs.
(d) A bunch of daisies.
2. Who is Mrs. Peters?
(a) Julie's deceased mother.
(b) Julie's other aunt.
(c) Julie's aunt's best friend.
(d) Julie's aunt's housekeeper.
3. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Uncle Haskell.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
4. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(b) Julie's drawings.
(c) Playing the piano.
5. What does Julie do as she and Aunt Cordelia are talking?
(a) Hugs her aunt and tells her she is beautiful.
(b) Listens and lets her aunt tell her the story of Jonathan.
(c) Julie apologizes for her behavior earlier in the afternoon.
(d) Says she looks nothing like her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia not be wanting to see Jonathan?
2. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
3. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
4. What do the children whisper?
5. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)