|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying he has to go work on his book.
(b) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(c) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(d) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
2. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Moving boxes.
(b) Partying adults.
(c) Doctors and relatives.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
3. What is Julie's response?
(a) She says she will think about it.
(b) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(c) She refuses to invite the person.
(d) She agrees readily.
4. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
(b) Jonathan has decided not to move back after all, so Cordelia will not see him.
(c) As soon as they are settled in.
(d) They probably won't because of Jonathan and Cordelia's former relationship.
5. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
(a) That Jonathan wants a divorce.
(b) That Cordelia is the one who helps him get into college.
(c) That he is planning to start farming again.
(d) That Cordelia was married to his best friend, who is now deceased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
2. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
3. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
5. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)