|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(b) She was once in love with him.
(c) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
(d) She helped him become a famous author.
2. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Helping her husband with his studies.
(b) Caring for her baby.
(c) Working at the drugstore.
(d) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Disciplined and educated.
(b) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
(c) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(d) Strictness and neatness.
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of dying.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
5. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
(a) Wraps them up carefully and keeps them.
(b) Gives them to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Throws them in the trash.
(d) Hand delivers them to the girls at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
2. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
3. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
4. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
5. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)