|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) What happens to people when they die.
(b) About the different religious beliefs.
(c) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
(d) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
2. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Gives her a shot.
(b) Hypnotizes her.
(c) Makes her swallow a pill.
(d) Spanks her lightly.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
(c) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(d) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(b) Working at the drugstore.
(c) Helping her husband with his studies.
(d) Caring for her baby.
5. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(b) She has a cast on her right leg.
(c) She has to use crutches to walk.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
2. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
3. When does Aggie die?
4. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)