|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julie's response?
(a) She refuses to invite the person.
(b) She agrees having not thought about doing so but is happy her aunt reminds her.
(c) She agrees readily.
(d) She says she will think about it.
2. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(b) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(c) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(d) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
3. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To pray for her mother.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
4. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Partying adults.
(b) Moving boxes.
(c) Doctors and relatives.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
5. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) Her vacant look.
(b) The way she sucks her thumb.
(c) Her dreadful hygiene.
(d) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
2. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
3. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
4. Where does Julie awaken?
5. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)