|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
(a) To a movie in town.
(b) To a ride on the pony.
(c) To a bedtime story.
(d) To a wiener roast or fried chicken dinners for compensation.
2. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To pray for her mother.
(c) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(d) To see what the inside looks like.
3. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She has to use crutches to walk.
(b) She has a cast on her right leg.
(c) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
4. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She sends both to different corners for time out.
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To treat all students fairly.
(b) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(c) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(d) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
2. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
3. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
4. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
5. What does Julie vow?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)