|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(b) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(c) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(d) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
2. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) A teacher.
(c) A kind train conductor.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
3. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(b) About the different religious beliefs.
(c) What happens to people when they die.
(d) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(b) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(c) To feed the chickens.
(d) To milk the cows.
5. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) In the woods behind her house.
(b) Towards some neighborhood children.
(c) In the mall.
(d) In the hallway at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
2. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
3. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
4. What do the children whisper?
5. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)