|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When her sister and father come to visit.
(b) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(c) When she prays at night.
(d) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
2. What does Julie vow?
(a) To apologize to Chris.
(b) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(c) To treat all fairly.
(d) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
3. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
(b) The person just shrugs it off.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person confronts Julie about it.
4. When did Julie last play with these children?
(d) Three years ago.
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
2. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
3. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
4. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
5. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)