|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
2. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(b) Because he has never liked the man.
(c) Because he's an alcoholic.
(d) Because of his made-up stories.
3. What seems ironic about Aggie in the coffin?
(a) She looks like an angel from God.
(b) She looks very intelligent.
(c) She is clean and beautiful.
(d) It doesn't look like she is dead.
4. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Getting set in her ways.
(b) Preferring boys over girls.
(c) Being unreasonable.
(d) Helping Julie become a better person.
5. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) In the hallway at school.
(b) Towards some neighborhood children.
(c) In the mall.
(d) In the woods behind her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
2. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
3. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
4. Where does Julie awaken?
5. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)