|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(d) To clean the schoolroom each night.
2. What has happened on this October day?
(a) Julie's grandmother dies.
(b) Julie's cat dies.
(c) Julie's mother dies.
(d) Julie's father dies.
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(b) Strictness and neatness.
(c) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
(d) Disciplined and educated.
4. Who is Adam?
(a) Julie's father.
(b) One of the boys in the group of children.
(c) Julie's older brother.
(d) Her brother's best friend.
5. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
(a) The person Julie does not want to invite.
(b) Julie's father.
(c) Aunt Cordelia's best friend.
(d) Julie's other aunt who is there for the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Peters?
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
4. What do the children whisper?
5. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)