|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(b) A teacher.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) A kind train conductor.
2. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
3. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
4. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
(a) A spade.
(b) A driver.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) A sick puppy.
5. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened on this October day?
2. With what is Julie's house filled?
3. What does Laura do?
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
5. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)