|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When she prays at night.
(b) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
(c) When her sister and father come to visit.
(d) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
2. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
3. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She has never been married.
(b) She is quite elderly.
(c) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(d) She is very thin.
4. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
5. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(b) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(c) She has to use crutches to walk.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
2. When did Julie last play with these children?
3. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
4. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
5. What does Laura do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)