|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) The neighbor's dog.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Her best friend.
2. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he has never liked the man.
(b) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(c) Because he's an alcoholic.
(d) Because of his made-up stories.
3. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(d) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
4. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) A beautician.
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) A store clerk.
(d) A schoolteacher.
5. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To pray for her mother.
(c) To see what the inside looks like.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chris going?
2. What has happened on this October day?
3. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
4. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)