|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chris call?
(c) No one.
2. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(a) Remembers times when she has been there.
(d) Tries to figure out why she is there.
3. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To pray for her mother.
(d) To talk to a priest.
4. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bunch of daisies.
(b) A bag of golf clubs.
(c) The evening paper.
(d) A puppy.
5. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because of his made-up stories.
(b) Because he's an alcoholic.
(c) Because he has never liked the man.
(d) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
2. What do the children whisper?
3. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
4. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)