|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(b) She has a cast on her right leg.
(c) She has to use crutches to walk.
(d) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
2. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
(a) Crawls in with Julie and holds her and sobs.
(b) Tells Julie she can stay in there as long as she wants.
(c) Coaxes Julie out with the promise of a trip to the zoo.
(d) Admonishes Julie.
3. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
(a) Hypnotizes her.
(b) Gives her a shot.
(c) Makes her swallow a pill.
(d) Spanks her lightly.
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To talk to a priest.
(d) To pray for her mother.
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
2. Upon what does Aunt Cordelia instruct Chris and Julie?
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
4. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
5. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)