|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of dying.
2. What has happened on this October day?
(a) Julie's grandmother dies.
(b) Julie's father dies.
(c) Julie's mother dies.
(d) Julie's cat dies.
3. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(b) Uncle Haskell.
(d) Aunt Cordelia.
4. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) Her dreadful hygiene.
(b) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
(c) Her vacant look.
(d) The way she sucks her thumb.
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(b) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(c) To treat all students fairly.
(d) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adam?
2. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
3. Who is Mrs. Peters?
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
5. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)