|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) A store clerk.
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A beautician.
2. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
(a) Strictness and neatness.
(b) Disciplined and educated.
(c) Meticulous and well-ordered.
(d) Pleasant demeanor and sense of humor.
3. What does Laura do?
(a) Comes out and yells at the children.
(b) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(c) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(d) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
4. What does Julie vow?
(a) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
(b) To apologize to Chris.
(c) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(d) To treat all fairly.
5. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(c) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(d) To milk the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
2. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
3. With what is Julie's house filled?
4. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)