|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(b) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
(c) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(d) At her Aunt June's home.
2. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(d) To milk the cows.
3. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(c) To treat all students fairly.
(d) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
4. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie is mean.
(b) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(c) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(d) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
(a) Through farm revenues.
(b) Tutoring other children.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Through teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
2. Who is Adam?
3. When did Julie last play with these children?
4. Why does Julie scream?
5. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)