|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She is quite elderly.
(b) She is very thin.
(c) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(d) She has never been married.
2. With what is Julie's house filled?
(a) Moving boxes.
(b) Partying adults.
(c) Doctors and relatives.
(d) Meals brought from friends.
3. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(c) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(d) To milk the cows.
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(b) Signs of physical abuse.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of dying.
5. Who is Adam?
(a) One of the boys in the group of children.
(b) Julie's older brother.
(c) Her brother's best friend.
(d) Julie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aunt's occupation?
2. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
3. Why does Julie scream?
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)