|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She has never been married.
(b) She is very thin.
(c) She is quite elderly.
(d) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
2. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
(a) Remembers times when she has been there.
(c) Tries to figure out why she is there.
3. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(b) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(c) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
(d) That Julie is mean.
4. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt June's home.
(b) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
(c) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
(d) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
5. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To pray for her mother.
(b) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(c) To talk to a priest.
(d) To see what the inside looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
2. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
3. What does Julie vow?
4. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)