|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Adam?
(a) Julie's father.
(b) One of the boys in the group of children.
(c) Her brother's best friend.
(d) Julie's older brother.
2. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She cannot stand any more changes.
(b) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(c) She hates the children.
(d) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
3. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(b) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(c) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
(d) To treat all students fairly.
4. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of physical abuse.
(b) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(c) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(d) Signs of dying.
5. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
2. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
4. How does Julie feel towards her aunt?
5. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)