|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(b) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(c) To feed the chickens.
(d) To milk the cows.
2. Where does Julie awaken?
(a) At her Aunt Cordelia's house.
(b) At her Aunt June's home.
(c) At her Aunt June's beauty salon.
(d) At her Aunt Cordelia's beauty salon.
3. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
(a) To tell her she is barely making a "C" in class.
(b) To ask how her English thesis is coming along.
(c) To tell her that she must stop doing Brett's English papers.
(d) To tell her she has heard some unsavory things about Brett.
4. When are Jonathan and his wife going to visit Cordelia's home?
(a) They probably won't because of Jonathan and Cordelia's former relationship.
(b) As soon as they are settled in.
(c) Jonathan has decided not to move back after all, so Cordelia will not see him.
5. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he has never liked the man.
(b) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(c) Because he's an alcoholic.
(d) Because of his made-up stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
2. Why does Brett come over later that night?
3. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
4. Who discovers they are in love?
5. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)