|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Aunt Cordelia dies.
(b) Julie's father marries Alicia.
(c) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
(d) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
2. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(a) Washing her feet.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Reading to her.
3. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(b) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(c) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(d) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
4. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When her sister and father come to visit.
(b) When she prays at night.
(c) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
(d) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
5. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
(a) Signs of dying.
(b) Signs of understanding more than she lets on.
(c) Signs of undernourishment and mistreatment with no social skills.
(d) Signs of physical abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chris and Julie discover in the woods one day?
2. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
3. Who else comes for a summer visit?
4. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)