|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) No one in the family.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is Brett upset about in English class?
(a) An assignment to memorize some poetry.
(b) An assignment to work in class.
(c) That Julie speaks to another boy.
(d) An assignment on Civil Disobedience.
3. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
(a) The quiet of the church.
(b) Anyway but in the house.
(c) The quiet of the woods.
(d) The quiet of the carriage house.
4. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(b) About her move back home.
(c) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(d) About what will happen to her pony.
5. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) In the hallway at school.
(b) In the mall.
(c) Towards some neighborhood children.
(d) In the woods behind her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
2. Who picks up Julie on her way home from school?
3. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
4. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
5. What does Julie do as she explores her aunt's house?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)