|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
(b) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
(c) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
(d) She and her dad seem like strangers.
2. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(b) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(c) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(d) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
3. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Run for class president.
(d) Return to her father's home.
4. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
(a) Guardian and schoolteacher.
5. What does Brett do when he and Julie are done talking?
(a) Tells her he understands.
(b) Slaps her in anger.
(c) Tries to coerce her into walking in the woods with him.
(d) Leaves immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
2. Why are all the girls envious?
3. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
4. How does Cordelia's father squelch rumors about Jonathan and Cordelia when she is tutoring him?
5. What is the aunt's occupation?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)