|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
(a) The high school band.
(b) School plays.
(d) Of attending college programs with her father.
2. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
(c) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(d) No one.
3. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
(a) Has a few drinks with Haskell.
(b) Goes to talk to the priest about his wife.
(c) Works late to avoid his wife.
(d) Seeks out the comfort of Aunt Cordelia's big house as a retreat from the stress of his own life.
4. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he has never liked the man.
(b) Because of his made-up stories.
(c) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(d) Because he's an alcoholic.
5. Where has Chris been before the summer?
(a) In New York looking for a job.
(b) At Laura's house.
(c) At his dad's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
2. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
3. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
4. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
5. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)