|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(b) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
(c) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
(d) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
2. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Run away to the city.
(b) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
(c) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
(d) Ask to go to a boarding school.
3. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(b) Caring for her baby.
(c) Helping her husband with his studies.
(d) Working at the drugstore.
4. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
(a) She is singing in the shower.
(b) She has a big breakfast and does a lot of housework.
(c) She asks Aunt Cordelia for money for a couple new dresses.
(d) She goes out on a date with a guy named Joseph.
5. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
(a) There is not enough space for all the children.
(b) Because Cordelia wants to retire.
(c) So that the country children can have the benefit of an education in a city school.
(d) The building is not up to code.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
2. What is Julie's response?
3. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
4. How does the family feel about Julie's success as a writer?
5. Why does Alicia want to speak to Julie after class?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)