|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has an especially bad end?
(a) Uncle Haskell who freezes to death in the woods while drunk.
(b) Brett who dies in a car crash when angry and drunk.
(c) Julie's relationship to Carlotta.
(d) Julie's junior year.
2. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
(b) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
(c) She and her dad seem like strangers.
(d) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
3. What is the aunt's occupation?
(a) A store clerk.
(b) A beautician.
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) A schoolteacher.
4. What will happen if Julie continues to help her boyfriend?
(a) Brett will get a good grade while Julie will fail.
(b) Nothing; she makes him do the writing.
(c) She might have to be put in another English class.
(d) Brett will fail the class, and Julie will be sent to the dean's office for punishment.
5. Where does Uncle Haskell prefer to be instead in with the noisy family?
(a) The quiet of the woods.
(b) Anyway but in the house.
(c) The quiet of the church.
(d) The quiet of the carriage house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
2. Where is Uncle Haskell's body found?
3. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
4. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)