|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
(a) Laura's third daughter is born.
(b) Uncle Haskell's death.
(c) Aunt Cordelia's last year of teaching.
(d) Julie's move back home.
2. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(b) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
(c) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
(d) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
3. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
(a) She is singing in the shower.
(b) She asks Aunt Cordelia for money for a couple new dresses.
(c) She goes out on a date with a guy named Joseph.
(d) She has a big breakfast and does a lot of housework.
4. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
(a) Danny Trevort and Mary Stuckley.
(b) Mary Stuckley and Susie Chaser.
(c) Carlotta Berry and Mary Stuckley.
(d) Danny Trevort and Carlotta Berry.
5. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
(a) They become friends.
(c) Haskell says he wants nothing to do with Katy's eccentricities.
(d) Katy cannot bear the sight of Haskell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
2. Who discovers they are in love?
3. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
4. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)