|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
(a) He thinks Jonathan is abusing Katy.
(b) He can no longer watch Katy in this condition.
(c) He believes Katy will let go and die if he isn't there to give her hope.
(d) He thinks Katy is doing this for his attention.
2. Who is Adam?
(a) Julie's father.
(b) Her brother's best friend.
(c) Julie's older brother.
(d) One of the boys in the group of children.
3. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
(a) Uncle Haskell's death.
(b) Laura's third daughter is born.
(c) Julie's move back home.
(d) Aunt Cordelia's last year of teaching.
4. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
(a) How to help a retarded student, Annie Kilpin.
(b) To treat all students fairly.
(c) How to help Annie Kilpin slow down her writing to make it legible.
(d) To get the other children to like Annie Kilpin.
5. How does Julie help Alicia?
(a) In some of the redecorating of the house.
(b) By shopping with her and carrying the packages.
(c) In teaching her how to grow vegetables.
(d) In babysitting Alicia's two small children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
2. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
3. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
4. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
5. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)