|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) No one in the family.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
(a) Sadness at the prospect of Julie leaving.
(b) Sadness about Jonathan.
(c) Happy that she will soon no longer be burdened with raising Julie.
(d) Excitement about having Julie for the summer months at least.
3. What does Haskell take time to do?
(a) Make Julie a shadowbox.
(b) Listen to Katy.
(c) Drive Julie to visit Laura.
(d) Listen to Jonathan.
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To pray for her mother.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
5. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
(b) She is very thin.
(c) She is quite elderly.
(d) She has never been married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Julie's social life consist her first two years of high school?
2. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
3. Why do Julie's friends think she is crazy for wanting to stay at Aunt Cordelia's house during high school?
4. What were Julie and Brett's little walks normally?
5. What does Haskell play for Katy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)