|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Haskell doing for Cordelia?
(b) Washing her feet.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Reading to her.
2. How does Julie respond to Uncle Haskell's situation?
(a) She becomes despondent.
(b) She pretends there is nothing wrong.
(c) She decides not to bother him with her amateur hobby.
(d) She wants him to go to New York for treatment.
3. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(b) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
(c) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
(d) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
4. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
(a) Laura's crotchety behavior.
(b) Her inability to be cheerful as usual.
(c) Her not being able to lie in bed with Julie and reminisce.
(d) Her slovenly state.
5. How long is it before Julie feels happy again after the breakup with Brett?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five or six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie's aunt make amends?
2. Where does Julie awaken?
3. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
4. What happens in the Spring?
5. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)