|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Caring for her baby.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Working at the drugstore.
2. When did Julie last play with these children?
(b) Three years ago.
3. What has happened on this October day?
(a) Julie's father dies.
(b) Julie's mother dies.
(c) Julie's grandmother dies.
(d) Julie's cat dies.
4. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
(a) Her brother Chris.
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) Her dad.
5. What has an especially bad end?
(a) Julie's junior year.
(b) Brett who dies in a car crash when angry and drunk.
(c) Uncle Haskell who freezes to death in the woods while drunk.
(d) Julie's relationship to Carlotta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How accurate are Carlotta's predictions about the boys?
2. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
3. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
4. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
5. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)