|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
(b) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
(c) That she wants to play music again.
(d) That she is never going to like the country.
2. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
(a) Sadness about Jonathan.
(b) Sadness at the prospect of Julie leaving.
(c) Happy that she will soon no longer be burdened with raising Julie.
(d) Excitement about having Julie for the summer months at least.
3. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(b) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(c) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(d) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
4. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) Main street.
(b) The Hurley woods.
(c) The railroad tracks.
(d) A garden.
5. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(b) Julie's drawings.
(d) Playing the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
2. After Katy's trauma in the woods where Haskell rescues her, what occurs between Katy and Haskell?
3. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
4. What discovery appalls Julie?
5. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)