|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
(a) Her inability to be cheerful as usual.
(b) Her slovenly state.
(c) Laura's crotchety behavior.
(d) Her not being able to lie in bed with Julie and reminisce.
2. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
(a) She is very thin.
(b) She has never been married.
(c) She is quite elderly.
(d) She spins wool and cotton for a living.
3. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
(a) No one.
(b) Her cousin Mary Jane.
(c) Her brother Chris.
(d) Her brother Chris and sister Laura.
4. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
(a) Uncle Haskell.
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Run for class president.
(c) Return to her father's home.
(d) Go to boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of signs does Annie exhibit?
2. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
3. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
4. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
5. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)