|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Helping Julie become a better person.
(b) Being unreasonable.
(c) Getting set in her ways.
(d) Preferring boys over girls.
2. Why does Julie feel vulnerable?
(a) She is in a different place alone among strangers.
(b) She has to use crutches to walk.
(c) Her dog who always makes her feel safe is not with her.
(d) She has a cast on her right leg.
3. About what does Julie talk to Uncle Haskell?
(a) What happens to people when they die.
(b) The way she had treated Aggie when she was alive.
(c) About the different religious beliefs.
(d) Not wanting to leave him and Aunt Cordelia.
4. What bothers the other girls the most about Annie?
(a) The way she sneezes without covering her mouth.
(b) Her vacant look.
(c) The way she sucks her thumb.
(d) Her dreadful hygiene.
5. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Caring for her baby.
(b) Helping her husband with his studies.
(c) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Working at the drugstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
2. What does the doctor do for Julie's screaming?
3. What is the aunt's occupation?
4. Who does Laura meet?
5. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)