|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That all religions lead to the same place.
(b) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(c) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
(d) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
2. What does Julie vow?
(a) To treat all fairly.
(b) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(c) To apologize to Chris.
(d) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
3. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
(b) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(c) She compromises.
(d) She relents.
4. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(b) To Aggie's house.
(c) To the church.
(d) To their secret meeting place.
5. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Helping Julie become a better person.
(b) Preferring boys over girls.
(c) Getting set in her ways.
(d) Being unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting to welcome Julie?
2. What does it mean to say her aunt is a spinster?
3. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
4. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
5. What is the aunt's occupation?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)