|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
(a) Towards some neighborhood children.
(b) In the hallway at school.
(c) In the woods behind her house.
(d) In the mall.
2. What do the children whisper?
(a) That Julie's cat attacked someone.
(b) That Julie's mother is a witch.
(c) That Julie is mean.
(d) That Julie is not going to be living there much longer.
3. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
(a) Because he is jealous of Haskell's closeness with Julie.
(b) Because he's an alcoholic.
(c) Because of his made-up stories.
(d) Because he has never liked the man.
4. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(b) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(c) She hates the children.
(d) She cannot stand any more changes.
5. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
(a) She moves with her new husband about 300 miles away.
(b) Laura spends all her time with the man and has no time for Julie anymore.
(c) It doesn't change anything.
(d) Laura and her husband move to China and teach English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
2. Who is Adam?
3. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
4. When did Julie last play with these children?
5. Who does Chris call?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)