|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Haskell tell Julie?
(a) That people all go to heaven; there is no hell.
(b) That he and Aunt Cordelia want her to stay.
(c) That all religions lead to the same place.
(d) Aggie has been saved future embarrassments and hard times through a merciful death.
2. What does Laura do?
(a) Yells from the tree house that she'll be there in a few minutes.
(b) Picks up Julie and takes her to the house.
(c) Comes out and yells at the children.
(d) Tells Chris to handle things himself.
3. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She sends both to different corners for time out.
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
(b) To pray for her mother.
(c) To see what the inside looks like.
(d) To talk to a priest.
5. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(b) To Aggie's house.
(c) To their secret meeting place.
(d) To the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children whisper?
2. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
3. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
4. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
5. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)