|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julie scream?
(a) She just stepped on a dead mouse.
(b) She hates the children.
(c) She just saw her dog hit by a car.
(d) She cannot stand any more changes.
2. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(b) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(c) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(d) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
3. What is the aunt's response?
(a) She relents.
(b) She cannot have a party without inviting that person.
(c) She compromises.
(d) She gives Julie a few days to change her mind.
4. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(b) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
(c) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(d) She laughs.
5. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bunch of daisies.
(b) A puppy.
(c) The evening paper.
(d) A bag of golf clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie's aunt do when she finds Julie hiding?
2. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
3. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
4. Who does Aunt Cordelia insist Julie invite?
5. What does Julie vow?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)