|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) A teacher.
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) A kind train conductor.
2. What does Julie do with the pink note cards Alicia Allison sends her?
(a) She draws pictures on each one.
(b) She safely stows them in her trunk.
(c) She writes each invitation in perfect penmanship.
(d) She prepares them with addresses to write thank you notes.
3. When Julie hits Chris for kissing her and gives him a black eye, what is Aunt Cordelia's response?
(a) She sends both to different corners for time out.
(b) She says that the crime of a small kiss does not seem to warrant such a harsh punishment as a swollen eye.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She tells Julie it is good to learn to defend herself.
4. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(b) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
(c) To not worry and things will work out.
(d) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
(a) Tutoring other children.
(b) Through farm revenues.
(c) Through teaching.
(d) An inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Julie Trelling walking as the story opens?
2. To what does Aunt Cordelia often treat Julie and Chris for their help?
3. Who does Laura meet?
4. That summer, what is happening to Aggie?
5. Where does Julie awaken?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)