|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Haskell excuse himself from the guests?
(a) By saying that he is a bit bored with the conversation.
(b) By saying he is obligated to help the neighbor with his sick horse.
(c) By saying he needs something a little stronger than wine.
(d) By saying he has to go work on his book.
2. Who escorts the Eltwings?
(a) Jonathan's mother.
(c) Adam, Julie's father.
(d) No one.
3. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To the church.
(b) To their secret meeting place.
(c) To Aggie's house.
(d) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
4. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
(b) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(c) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(d) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
5. How much of Laura's time is taken up when Julie comes to visit her?
(a) Working at the drugstore.
(b) Caring for her baby.
(c) Sleeping because she is having a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Helping her husband with his studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do with her party invitations?
2. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
3. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
4. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
5. What does Haskell do for Katy's funeral instead of attending the service?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)