|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
(b) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
(c) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(d) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
2. Why might Aunt Cordelia be looking forward to seeing Jonathan?
(a) She was once in love with him.
(b) She hopes he will finally pay her the money he owes her for tutoring him.
(c) He spurned her for another woman who is a shrew now.
(d) She helped him become a famous author.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia bring to class for Julie's birthday?
(a) Two beautiful angel food cakes.
(b) Nothing because Julie behaves so badly.
(c) Ice cream and cones.
(d) A clown and candy.
4. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) A bunch of daisies.
(b) A bag of golf clubs.
(c) A puppy.
(d) The evening paper.
5. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To their secret meeting place.
(b) To Aggie's house.
(c) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(d) To the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
2. What role does Aunt Cordelia now play in Julie's life?
3. Ironically, who in addition to others, blames Aunt Cordelia for Julie not having a party?
4. What does Jonathan do on many evenings?
5. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)