|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
(a) That Cordelia was married to his best friend, who is now deceased.
(b) That he is planning to start farming again.
(c) That Cordelia is the one who helps him get into college.
(d) That Jonathan wants a divorce.
2. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
(a) Playing the piano.
(c) Julie's drawings.
3. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Sits in her rocker and cries.
(c) Rakes and burns leaves most of the night.
(d) Looks through old letters from Jonathan.
4. Why does Julie visit the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches?
(a) To talk to a priest.
(b) To see what the inside looks like.
(c) To pray for her mother.
(d) Because of her shame over hitting Chris.
5. What does Julie do as she and Aunt Cordelia are talking?
(a) Listens and lets her aunt tell her the story of Jonathan.
(b) Says she looks nothing like her aunt.
(c) Julie apologizes for her behavior earlier in the afternoon.
(d) Hugs her aunt and tells her she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
2. Why is a party being thrown for Julie?
3. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
4. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
5. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)