|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haskell play for Katy?
(a) Some halting songs on the piano which Katy can no longer play.
(b) Some classical recordings.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) An old guitar.
2. What impact does this hostility have on the person in question #65?
(a) The person confronts Julie about it.
(b) The person just shrugs it off.
(c) The person does not speak to Julie for the rest of the school year.
(d) The person goes and buries another bottle of whiskey.
3. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
(a) The evening paper.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A bunch of daisies.
(d) A bag of golf clubs.
4. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
(a) To clean the schoolroom each night.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) To help her plan lessons for the other children.
(d) To feed the chickens.
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
(a) Through teaching.
(b) Through farm revenues.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Tutoring other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jonathan think Julie closely resembles?
2. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
4. For what is Jonathan's wife known?
5. What does Jonathan often have to do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)