|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(b) Aunt Cordelia.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A kind train conductor.
2. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
(a) A driver.
(b) A spade.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) A sick puppy.
3. What amazes Jonathan about Katy and Haskell?
(a) That Katy has a calming influence on Haskell.
(b) That Haskell does not drink around Katy.
(c) That they look so much alike.
(d) That Katy normally does not allow anyone but Jonathan near her or to help her.
4. What does Katy seem to find soothing?
(a) Her husband's voice telling her everything is alright.
(b) Julie has not met Katy again since the first dinner.
(c) Going to the church and praying for hours a day.
(d) The calm demeanor of Uncle Haskell.
5. What is the main idea of the note that Uncle Haskell slips under Julie's door?
(a) That staying or going from the farm, Julie is always there in spirit.
(b) He intends to slip a note under her door but does not.
(c) If Julie learns compassion from her guilt about Aggie, then Aggie will be immortal.
(d) That whether one chooses goodness or meanness, they are still loved by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
2. How is Katy's declining health exacerbated?
3. What is the aunt's response?
4. What does Julie vow?
5. Where is Chris going?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)