|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(b) A kind train conductor.
(c) Aunt Cordelia.
(d) A teacher.
2. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
(a) When she is pregnant.
(b) When Julie is sixteen.
(c) When Laura is having her third child.
(d) When Julie is very ill.
3. Where do Jonathan and Katy Eltwing move?
(a) Into a house about three miles from Aunt Cordelia's house.
(b) Into a farm adjacent to Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(c) To a town about five miles from Aunt Cordelia's town.
(d) To the city nearby.
4. Who is moving to town?
(a) Chris and his new wife.
(b) Julie's father and his new wife.
(c) Laura and her husband.
(d) Jonathan Eltwing and his wife.
5. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To not worry and things will work out.
(b) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(c) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
(d) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cordelia enlist the aid of Julie and Chris?
2. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
3. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
4. What does Jonathan tell his wife?
5. What does Aunt Cordelia do as Julie cleans the dishes?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)