|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
(a) Laura's crotchety behavior.
(b) Her not being able to lie in bed with Julie and reminisce.
(c) Her inability to be cheerful as usual.
(d) Her slovenly state.
2. What does Haskell play for Katy?
(a) Some halting songs on the piano which Katy can no longer play.
(b) An old guitar.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) Some classical recordings.
3. What does Katy tell Jonathan?
(a) That the "golden-haired man" found her, and she was no longer afraid.
(b) That she is never going to like the country.
(c) That she wants to play music again.
(d) That she wants to stay at Cordelia's house.
4. Where do Julie and Carlotta take some gladiolas?
(a) To their secret meeting place.
(b) To Aggie's house.
(c) To the cemetary to put on Julie's mother's grave.
(d) To the church.
5. What does Uncle Haskell say that Aunt Cordelia is doing?
(a) Helping Julie become a better person.
(b) Preferring boys over girls.
(c) Getting set in her ways.
(d) Being unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Haskell holding?
2. What is one of Aunt Cordelia's greatest challenges as a schoolteacher?
3. What are two of Aunt Cordelia's traits?
4. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
5. Who comes to live at Aunt Cordelia's house with Julie?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)