|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
(a) That Laura loves her as much as ever.
(b) That Julie is always welcome in their home.
(c) That once the baby is born, Laura and Julie can do the things they used to do.
(d) That the baby only has part of Laura's heart.
2. What does Julie vow?
(a) That she will leave Aunt Cordelia's home as soon as she is old enough.
(b) To apologize to Chris.
(c) To treat all fairly.
(d) To ask her aunt not to favor boys over girls.
3. What is assumed that Julie would do at this time in her life?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Return to her father's home.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Run for class president.
4. Why does Uncle Haskell call Julie down from upstairs one evening?
(a) To sing a song he's been trying to remember.
(b) To help him bury some more bottles.
(c) To finish the dishes she had left in the sink.
(d) To help him with Katy who he finds wandering in the woods.
5. Who does Julie rebuff with hostility?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jonathan sometimes call Haskell to his home?
2. What enlivens Mrs. Eltwing?
3. Why does Haskell eventually refuse to come to Jonathan's home?
4. While Julie is praying at the Cathedral of Four Silver Birches, who arrives?
5. How does Aunt Cordelia get the bulk of her income?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)