|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
(b) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(c) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
(d) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
2. How long is it before Julie feels happy again after the breakup with Brett?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five or six months.
3. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
(b) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
(c) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
(d) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
4. What has an especially bad end?
(a) Uncle Haskell who freezes to death in the woods while drunk.
(b) Julie's relationship to Carlotta.
(c) Julie's junior year.
(d) Brett who dies in a car crash when angry and drunk.
5. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
(a) That Alicia Allison is accompanying him.
(b) That he has not mentioned her coming home.
(c) That he has canceled several scheduled visits at the last moment.
(d) That he seems distracted and does not pay attention to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie's dad try to keep her away from Haskell?
2. How does Julie help Alicia?
3. To what does Julie look forward?
4. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
5. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)