|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Julie's feelings towards Alicia eventually?
(a) She warms to her and enjoys her company.
(b) She remains indifferent.
(c) She becomes competitive for her father's attention with Alicia.
(d) She becomes more hostile.
2. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About her move back home.
(b) About what will happen to her pony.
(c) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(d) About whether she will go to boarding school.
3. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
(a) There is not enough space for all the children.
(b) Because Cordelia wants to retire.
(c) The building is not up to code.
(d) So that the country children can have the benefit of an education in a city school.
4. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) To her former room at her dad's house.
(c) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(d) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
5. What does Laura's former bedroom overlook?
(a) A garden.
(b) The railroad tracks.
(c) Main street.
(d) The Hurley woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Bill assure Julie?
2. What do Chris and Julie do when Laura is getting married?
3. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
4. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
5. What does Julie assume Aunt Cordelia feels?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)