|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Julie start thinking of staying with Aunt Cordelia?
(a) Because Uncle Haskell seems so sad.
(b) Because Laura's room is no longer available.
(c) Because Julie will miss her friends too much.
(d) Because Aunt Cordelia seems so sad.
2. What do Julie's feelings of alienation prompt her to do?
(a) Talk to Aunt Cordelia.
(b) Run away to the city.
(c) Ask to go to a boarding school.
(d) Talk to Uncle Haskell.
3. About what is Julie wondering?
(a) About whether she will go to boarding school.
(b) About how Aunt Cordelia will manage the housework without her.
(c) About what will happen to her pony.
(d) About her move back home.
4. What does Julie hear people whispering?
(a) That Uncle Haskell is in trouble with the law.
(b) That Julie's father is moving to the farm.
(c) That Julie is too much for Aunt Cordelia to handle.
(d) That Aunt Cordelia is seeing Jonathan.
5. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(b) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
(c) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
(d) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts taking a special interest in Julie?
2. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
3. To what does Julie look forward?
4. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
5. What coincides with Julie's last year of elementary school?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)