|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Julie tell her fears about her and Laura?
(a) Aunt Cordelia.
(b) A teacher.
(d) A kind train conductor.
2. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
(b) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
(c) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
(d) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
3. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
(b) Her father.
4. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
(a) She wants to return to fulltime farming.
(b) She was planning to retire that year anyway.
(c) She has to stay and care for her ill aunts.
(d) She is too set in her ways to adapt to the rules of a new school system.
5. What does Julie hear people whispering?
(a) That Aunt Cordelia is seeing Jonathan.
(b) That Julie's father is moving to the farm.
(c) That Uncle Haskell is in trouble with the law.
(d) That Julie is too much for Aunt Cordelia to handle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie help Alicia?
2. Where is Chris going?
3. Who joins Julie doing things in the summer?
4. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
5. Who does Brett begin to date?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)