|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill ask Julie to overlook about Laura during the visit?
(a) Her inability to be cheerful as usual.
(b) Her slovenly state.
(c) Her not being able to lie in bed with Julie and reminisce.
(d) Laura's crotchety behavior.
2. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To her former room at her dad's house.
(b) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
3. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
(a) The building is not up to code.
(b) There is not enough space for all the children.
(c) So that the country children can have the benefit of an education in a city school.
(d) Because Cordelia wants to retire.
4. To what does Julie look forward?
(a) Leaving the isolation of Aunt Cordelia's farm.
(b) Staying at Laura's for the summer.
(c) Living at a boarding school.
(d) Spending more time with her father every day.
5. What convinces Julie to stay at Aunt Cordelia's?
(a) She and Alicia have a fight about the office.
(b) She walks in on Alicia and her father in an amorous embrace.
(c) She doesn't like to be a built-in babysitter.
(d) She and her dad seem like strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next time Julie sees Laura after Laura's marriage?
2. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
3. With whom does Julie begin spending more time?
4. What reason does Cordelia give for declining a teaching position in the school where the children will be going?
5. What does Uncle Haskell take out of his golf bag?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)