|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #52 advise Julie?
(a) To think about how she can be loved and needed in a lower position.
(b) To try harder to make Laura pay attention to her.
(c) To forget about Laura and meet other people.
(d) To not worry and things will work out.
2. What happens in the Spring?
(a) Laura announces she is pregnant again.
(b) Aunt Cordelia dies.
(c) Uncle Haskell is confined to his bed.
(d) Julie's father marries Alicia.
3. When does Julie feel close to her mother again?
(a) When she and her aunt look at photo albums.
(b) When her uncle takes her around to see places her mother loved.
(c) When her sister and father come to visit.
(d) When she prays at night.
4. Why is the little school where Cordelia teaches being closed?
(a) So that the country children can have the benefit of an education in a city school.
(b) Because Cordelia wants to retire.
(c) The building is not up to code.
(d) There is not enough space for all the children.
5. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
(b) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
(c) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
(d) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom are rumors being said?
2. Who else comes for a summer visit?
3. Why do the kids run off before they see what their uncle is doing?
4. What is Laura and Bill's baby named?
5. About what is Julie annoyed with recent meetings with her father?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)