|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Cordelia respond?
(a) Adament that Julie belongs with her father.
(b) Hesitant about Julie staying there.
(c) Indecisive and says she will think about it.
(d) Aunt Cordelia is very pleased that Julie chooses to remain living with her during her high school years.
2. What ends after the night Brett loses his temper?
(a) He ends the relationship with Julie.
(b) Uncle Haskell's respect for Brett.
(c) Brett's passing English class ends.
(d) Aunt Cordelia treating Julie like a minor.
3. Where does Julie anticipate moving?
(a) To boarding school.
(b) To the downstairs bedroom in Cordelia's home.
(c) Into Laura's old room at her dad's house.
(d) To her former room at her dad's house.
4. What discovery appalls Julie?
(a) That Aunt Cordelia is secretly seeing Jonathan.
(b) To learn that Alicia has converted the room Julie wants into an office.
(c) That Uncle Haskell has married a Mexican woman.
(d) That her dad plans to have more children with Alicia.
5. Of what is Julie not convinced?
(a) That she still has a prominent place in Laura's life.
(b) That Bill really cares what Julie thinks.
(c) That Laura is really that uncomfortable in her pregnancy.
(d) That Bill loves Laura as much as Julie does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else comes for a summer visit?
2. How does Laura's getting married change Julie's life?
3. How can those around her tell Julie is feeling better?
4. Who does Brett begin to date?
5. About what is Julie wondering?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)