Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
2. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
3. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
4. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
5. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
Essay Topic 1
How does Moberg use the literary technique of local color in UNTO A GOOD LAND? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Swedish establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two major settings for the novel. Why does Moberg use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Kristina. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during his lifetime?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)