|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
2. Kristina feels sorry for the Indians because _____________________.
3. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
4. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
5. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Moberg's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in UNTO A GOOD LAND.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two major settings for the novel. Why does Moberg use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Moberg's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)