|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
2. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
3. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
4. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
5. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two major settings for the novel. Why does Moberg use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Moberg's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)