Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
2. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
3. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
4. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
5. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two examples about struggle in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of struggle.
Moberg uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see the world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe America using only your recall of Moberg's descriptions. How do you visualize rural life in 1850s Minnesota now that you have read Moberg's UNTO A GOOD LAND?
Describe the two major settings for the novel. Why does Moberg use the settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)