|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the agitated Robert tell Karl when he returns home?
2. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
3. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
4. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
5. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in UNTO A GOOD LAND. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How do all the passengers on the ship become a family of sorts? How are they bound like a family is bound together? Why is this bond stronger than natural ones in some cases?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Danjel. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)