|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family use as a dining table in their shanty?
(a) The chest.
(b) A plank of wood.
(c) A stretched quilt.
(d) A tree stump.
2. What business also serves as a post office in town?
(a) The blacksmith shop.
(b) The feed story.
(c) The church.
(d) A small store.
3. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
4. What name is given to the new baby?
(a) Erik Robert Danjel.
(b) Sven Oskar Danjel.
(c) Nils Oskar Danjel.
(d) Lars Karl Danjel.
5. Who will christen the new baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the cabin one day and frightens Kristina?
2. Which piece of furniture is Karl especially proud of making?
3. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
4. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
5. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
2. What news does Karl share in a letter to his parents?
3. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
4. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
5. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
6. What do Karl and Kristina do for Robert and his trip?
7. Describe some of the challenges that Kristina has in keeping house and caring for her family at the new homestead.
8. How does Karl learn what Anders' secret is?
9. What does Karl discover in the woods that makes him approach Robert about the veracity of his Indian attack story?
10. What are some of the signs in nature that signal the coming of Spring?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)