|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which food has Danjel offered to share with Karl and Kristina's family?
2. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To pay a doctor.
(c) To get a horse.
(d) To buy Christmas gifts.
3. Who does Kristina consider to christen the new baby?
(a) Henry Jackson.
(b) Nels Larsen.
(c) Abe Witters.
(d) Samuel Johnson.
4. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
(b) A cow.
5. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
2. What did Karl bring with him from Sweden which he realizes now will be very helpful?
3. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
4. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
5. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Karl share in a letter to his parents?
2. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
3. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
4. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
5. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
6. What motivates Karl to work even harder on the new cabin, with whose help does it get accomplished, and how is the home celebrated?
7. What is the irony of all the fodder that Karl has available to him now?
8. How does Robert convince Karl that he can take care of himself?
9. What do Karl and Kristina do for Robert and his trip?
10. What advice does Robert give Arvid regarding his commitment to Danjel?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)