|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
2. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
3. How many windows does Karl buy for the house he is building for his family?
4. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
5. What is the profession of the man in #172?
(a) Postmaster and Blacksmith.
(b) Banker and Blacksmith.
(c) Postmaster and Hotel Owner.
(d) Postmaster and Storekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
2. Robert believes that the sounds he hears in the bushes is __________________.
3. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
4. When do Samuel Nojd and Swedish Anna come to visit Karl and Kristina?
5. What name is given to the new baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of all the fodder that Karl has available to him now?
2. Why are Karl and Robert at odds over the Indian in the woods episode?
3. Who loans Karl a cow for the winter, and why is the loan such a blessing to the family?
4. How does Karl learn what Anders' secret is?
5. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
6. What is Robert's plan for his future?
7. What motivates Karl to work even harder on the new cabin, with whose help does it get accomplished, and how is the home celebrated?
8. What precautions does Karl take for the family after Robert's experience with the Indian in the woods?
9. What differing opinions do Karl, Kristina and Robert each have about Indians?
10. What advice does Robert give Arvid regarding his commitment to Danjel?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)