|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert see in a tree that frightens him?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An owl.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A cougar.
2. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
3. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
4. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of oranges.
(b) A side of beef.
(c) A sack of flour.
(d) A bag of toys.
5. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(b) Her bridal petticoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
2. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
3. What does the family use as a dining table in their shanty?
4. What name is given to the new baby?
5. Why does Robert want his hair cut as short as possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of all the fodder that Karl has available to him now?
2. Describe some of the challenges that Kristina has in keeping house and caring for her family at the new homestead.
3. What are some of the signs in nature that signal the coming of Spring?
4. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
5. What is Robert's plan for his future?
6. What news does Karl share in a letter to his parents?
7. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
8. What does Karl produce that allows him to make a little bit of money?
9. What differing opinions do Karl, Kristina and Robert each have about Indians?
10. What do Karl and Kristina do for Robert and his trip?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)