|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which food has Danjel offered to share with Karl and Kristina's family?
2. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
3. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
4. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Fifteen cents.
5. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
(a) She has been doing a lot of physical labor.
(b) Her body has not adjusted to the new time zone.
(c) She may be having twins.
(d) There was a full moon the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Kristina's new baby weigh?
2. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
3. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
4. What is the profession of the man in #172?
5. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges does Kristina face in feeding her family at their new homestead?
2. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
3. When does Robert decide to leave Minnesota and what does he tell Karl about it?
4. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
5. What precautions does Karl take for the family after Robert's experience with the Indian in the woods?
6. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
7. How does Robert convince Karl that he can take care of himself?
8. Explain how Karl and Robert are very much alike even though they do not think so.
9. What advice does Robert give Arvid regarding his commitment to Danjel?
10. What is Robert's plan for his future?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)