|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
2. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
(a) Kristina's parents.
(c) His parents.
(d) Kristina's godmother.
3. How much money does Karl give Robert for his trip to California?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Fifteen cents.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Seven dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
5. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
(a) The day of his departure.
(b) The day before his departure.
(c) He'll send a telegram after he's gone.
(d) A month before he leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl spend most of his time doing?
2. What name is given to the new baby?
3. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
4. Who will christen the new baby?
5. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
2. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
3. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
4. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
5. How does Robert convince Karl that he can take care of himself?
6. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
7. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
8. What does Karl discover in the woods that makes him approach Robert about the veracity of his Indian attack story?
9. When does Robert decide to leave Minnesota and what does he tell Karl about it?
10. How does Karl learn what Anders' secret is?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)