|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many windows does Karl buy for the house he is building for his family?
2. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
3. What does the agitated Robert tell Karl when he returns home?
(a) He shot an Indian.
(b) He shot an elk.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is moving away.
4. What is the name of the closest town for Karl and Kristina?
(a) Maple Grove.
5. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
2. What frivolous purchase has Ulrika made?
3. What impediment does Robert suffer from?
4. Who will care for Danjel's children when Ulrika leaves?
5. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
2. How does Robert convince Karl that he can take care of himself?
3. Why does Kristina seem to have more tolerance for Ulrika than Karl does?
4. Explain how Karl and Robert are very much alike even though they do not think so.
5. What challenges does Kristina face in feeding her family at their new homestead?
6. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
7. When does Robert decide to leave Minnesota and what does he tell Karl about it?
8. Why will Karl not allow Kristina borrow the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
9. What differing opinions do Karl, Kristina and Robert each have about Indians?
10. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)