|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will care for Danjel's children when Ulrika leaves?
(d) Swedish Anna.
2. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
3. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
4. What does Karl notice about the man in #162 when he stops at his house?
(a) He is praying.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He has cholera.
(d) He is drunk.
5. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) Lars Nyberg.
(b) Samuel Nojd.
(c) Sven Andersson.
(d) John Johanssen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert want his hair cut as short as possible?
2. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
3. What does Kanjel name his new farm?
4. What is the profession of the man in #172?
5. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
2. What motivates Karl to work even harder on the new cabin, with whose help does it get accomplished, and how is the home celebrated?
3. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
4. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
5. Describe some of the challenges that Kristina has in keeping house and caring for her family at the new homestead.
6. Explain how Karl and Robert are very much alike even though they do not think so.
7. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
8. Who loans Karl a cow for the winter, and why is the loan such a blessing to the family?
9. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
10. What precautions does Karl take for the family after Robert's experience with the Indian in the woods?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)