|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert believes that the sounds he hears in the bushes is __________________.
2. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
3. When it snows, Karl makes a rope of ________________ to tie between the house and the shed.
(b) linden bark.
4. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
(a) a lightning bolt.
(b) the shape of Sweden.
(c) the head of an Indian.
(d) a man's hat.
5. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
2. What do Karl and Kristina never discuss?
3. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
4. What does Karl spend most of his time doing?
5. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Robert decide to leave Minnesota and what does he tell Karl about it?
2. How does Karl learn what Anders' secret is?
3. Why does Kristina seem to have more tolerance for Ulrika than Karl does?
4. What is the irony of all the fodder that Karl has available to him now?
5. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
6. What do Karl and Kristina do for Robert and his trip?
7. What is Robert's plan for his future?
8. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
9. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
10. How does Robert convince Karl that he can take care of himself?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)