|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kanjel name his new farm?
(a) New Stockholm.
(b) New Lindsborg.
(c) New Varmlands.
(d) New Karragarde.
2. What do Karl and Kristina never discuss?
3. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Fifteen cents.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
(a) They are fearless.
(b) They are intelligent.
(c) They are loyal.
(d) They are lazy.
5. Kristina feels sorry for the Indians because _____________________.
(a) they don't have cabins.
(b) they are forced off their land.
(c) they don't believe in God.
(d) they seem malnourished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ulrika going to do as soon as the weather is warm enough?
2. What is the profession of the man in #172?
3. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
4. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
5. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Robert give Arvid regarding his commitment to Danjel?
2. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
3. What is Robert's plan for departing California and why does Arvid hesitate to go with him at first?
4. Describe some of the challenges that Kristina has in keeping house and caring for her family at the new homestead.
5. Why can't Karl pick up the letter that has arrived from Sweden?
6. What do Karl and Kristina do for Robert and his trip?
7. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
8. What challenges does Kristina face in feeding her family at their new homestead?
9. What is the irony of all the fodder that Karl has available to him now?
10. What are some of the signs in nature that signal the coming of Spring?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)