|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
(a) Their new home.
(b) Good soil.
(d) A lake.
2. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
(a) To get a horse.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy Christmas gifts.
(d) To pay a doctor.
3. Which of the following is NOT a piece of furniture that Karl makes during the first winter?
4. How much money does Karl give Robert for his trip to California?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
5. What job does Elin get in town?
(a) A maid.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) A seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Karl and Kristina move into their new home?
2. Who does Ulrika plan to marry?
3. Why will Karl not borrow the money to redeem the letter?
4. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
5. What does Karl spend most of his time doing?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)