|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina feels sorry for the Indians because _____________________.
(a) they seem malnourished.
(b) they don't have cabins.
(c) they are forced off their land.
(d) they don't believe in God.
2. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
3. Who was Karl and Kristina's daughter who died when they were in Sweden?
4. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Seven dollars.
(d) Fifteen cents.
5. How much money does Karl give Robert for his trip to California?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
2. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
3. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
4. Why is the Indian in the tree?
5. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates Karl to work even harder on the new cabin, with whose help does it get accomplished, and how is the home celebrated?
2. How does Karl learn what Anders' secret is?
3. Explain why money is such a source of tension between Karl and Kristina.
4. Describe some of the challenges that Kristina has in keeping house and caring for her family at the new homestead.
5. What challenges does Kristina face in feeding her family at their new homestead?
6. Why is the table that Karl builds such a significant element for the home?
7. What news does Karl share in a letter to his parents?
8. When does Robert decide to leave Minnesota and what does he tell Karl about it?
9. Why are Karl and Robert at odds over the Indian in the woods episode?
10. Who loans Karl a cow for the winter, and why is the loan such a blessing to the family?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)