|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the missing child in #36 found?
(a) In a store.
(b) On the dock.
(c) A grove of fruit trees.
(d) Running after squirrels.
2. What city does the group arrive at in Chapter 7?
3. What does Robert plan to not buy?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A house.
(c) Seed corn.
(d) Too many possessions.
4. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
5. How far is Karl's homestead from the town of Taylor Falls?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl finds the land he wants by a lake called ____________________.
2. What happens to a man who falls off the boat into the river?
3. What do Ulrika and Elin wear to ward off illness?
4. What is the name of the ship that will take the group almost all the way to their destination?
5. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
2. What suffers in Karl and Kristina's marriage due to Karl's ambition?
3. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
4. What are some of the signs in nature that signal the coming of Spring?
5. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
6. Who loans Karl a cow for the winter, and why is the loan such a blessing to the family?
7. What does Karl produce that allows him to make a little bit of money?
8. Why will Karl not allow Kristina borrow the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
9. What does Sigurd Thomasson warn the group about as they continue their journey?
10. What differing opinions do Karl, Kristina and Robert each have about Indians?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)