|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a requirement for the men as they select their homesteads?
(a) A church close by.
(b) Running water nearby.
(c) Short distance to town.
(d) Apple trees.
2. Where do many of the passengers go ashore when the ship makes a stop?
3. Who gives food to Danjel's family?
4. What does Danjel create in everyone around him?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Karl and Kristina's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
2. Anders tells the men that they may have to dig as deep as __________ feet if they want a well for their water supply.
3. The group's late arrival in America means that they _______________________.
4. What does Robert request of a woman at a house along the way?
5. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karl get the money to pick up the letter from Sweden?
2. What is the ship that arrives in Chapter 1 and why are the passengers detained from disembarking?
3. How had Karl determined where he wanted to settle in America?
4. How do Karl and Kristina view the letter from Sweden differently?
5. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
6. How is Karl selected as leader of the group and who is the man who will act as their guide to the new homesteads?
7. Why is the trip across the prairie a difficult one for the immigrants?
8. Why are the immigrants surprised by Anders' house?
9. Why does Danjel think his little girl died?
10. What is the nature of Robert's health problem and how did he sustain it?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)