|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
2. What city does the group arrive at in Chapter 7?
3. Who is the guide the ship's captain locates to help Karl and the others get to their destination?
(a) Jons Dahlgren.
(b) Anderson Blum.
(c) Loffe Ekstrom.
(d) Long Landberg.
4. What is Danjel's religion?
5. What does Robert study in preparation for the farmers' new lives in America?
(a) The currency.
(b) The social customs.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal helps himself to the group's food one night but is not identifiable by the group?
2. The members of the group fear that the final leg of the trip will be too strenuous for ________________.
3. Kristina is pregnant with a child who will be born before __________________.
4. What tribe of Indians are the travelers likely to encounter on their trip?
5. Why is Ulrika angry with Karl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sigurd Thomasson warn the group about as they continue their journey?
2. What is the nature of Robert's health problem and how did he sustain it?
3. What is the ship that arrives in Chapter 1 and why are the passengers detained from disembarking?
4. What are Kristina's feelings about her new house in America and what is the only positive thing she can say to Karl?
5. Who is Lill-Marta and why does she cause such alarm as the boat is ready to depart?
6. Who is Henry O. Jackson and how does he help the group?
7. Why will Karl and Kristina not allow their children to eat the food on the ship?
8. How does Robert's misunderstanding of the English language create a problem between Ulrika and Karl?
9. What are Robert's plans for his life in America and how does he prepare?
10. Why does the group feel compelled to take Fina-Kajsa with them on the rest of the journey?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)