|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl finds the land he wants by a lake called ____________________.
(a) Big Eagle.
2. What happens to a man who falls off the boat into the river?
(a) He is picked up by another boat.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He swims to shore.
(d) He is rescued by the captain.
3. Where do many of the passengers go ashore when the ship makes a stop?
4. Who is Robert's best friend?
5. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anders tells the men that they may have to dig as deep as __________ feet if they want a well for their water supply.
2. What is Danjel's religion?
3. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
4. Karl is impressed that Anders has _________________.
5. What tribe of Indians are the travelers likely to encounter on their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert's harried hunting trip when he spies an Indian in a tree.
2. What advice does Robert give Arvid regarding his commitment to Danjel?
3. When does the group encounter Anders and why is Fina-Kajsa upset with him?
4. Why is the trip across the prairie a difficult one for the immigrants?
5. What is the nature of Karl's personality and what examples does the author give?
6. What are two major obstacles that the immigrants must face as they leave the steamboat at Stillwater?
7. What motivates Karl to work even harder on the new cabin, with whose help does it get accomplished, and how is the home celebrated?
8. What is the nature of Robert's health problem and how did he sustain it?
9. Describe some of the expenditures Karl has in the building of the house.
10. What does Karl discover in the woods that makes him approach Robert about the veracity of his Indian attack story?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)