|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) John Johanssen.
(b) Samuel Nojd.
(c) Lars Nyberg.
(d) Sven Andersson.
2. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
3. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of toys.
(b) A side of beef.
(c) A bag of oranges.
(d) A sack of flour.
4. How many windows does Karl buy for the house he is building for his family?
5. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
(a) He has retired.
(b) He is gone for the holidays.
(c) He is away on a hunt.
(d) He is not Lutheran.
6. Why can Karl not pick up the letter which is waiting for him at the post office?
(a) He cannot sign his name in English.
(b) The post office is closed.
(c) He can't make it through all the snow.
(d) He does not have the fifteen cents postage due.
7. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
(a) The day before his departure.
(b) He'll send a telegram after he's gone.
(c) The day of his departure.
(d) A month before he leaves.
8. What does Kristina do when she thinks the men in #109 are going to kill her?
(c) Thrashes out.
9. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
10. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
(c) A cow.
11. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
12. Who does Ulrika plan to marry?
(a) Josephy Gunnellson.
(b) Paul Shannon.
(c) Edward P. Stanton.
(d) Henry O. Jackson.
13. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
(a) A bed.
(b) A chair.
(c) The chest.
(d) A table.
14. What business also serves as a post office in town?
(a) The feed story.
(b) The blacksmith shop.
(c) The church.
(d) A small store.
15. What does Kristina ask Karl to buy but he does not have enough money?
(a) A bed.
(b) A stove.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johan bring home one day that indicates the approach of spring?
2. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
3. What does Robert see in a tree that frightens him?
4. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
5. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)