Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
(a) A month before he leaves.
(b) The day of his departure.
(c) He'll send a telegram after he's gone.
(d) The day before his departure.
2. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A coat.
(c) A ball.
3. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Seven dollars.
(d) Fifteen cents.
4. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
5. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
(a) Thomas Sanderson.
(b) Philip J. Bowdoin.
(c) Walter H. Abbott.
(d) Charles Meyers.
6. Why will Karl not borrow the money to redeem the letter?
(a) He does borrow the money.
(b) He is afraid of what the letter might say.
(c) He is too embarrassed.
(d) He thinks it is an unfair charge.
7. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
8. When it snows, Karl makes a rope of ________________ to tie between the house and the shed.
(a) linden bark.
9. What does Danjel tell Arvid when Arvid says he is leaving for California?
(a) He has his blessing.
(b) He will never make it there alive.
(c) He does not want him to go because he needs the help.
(d) He hopes he gets rich from all the gold.
10. How much does Kristina's new baby weigh?
(a) 7 pounds.
(b) 12 pounds.
(c) 10.5 pounds.
(d) 8.5 pounds.
11. Which of the following is NOT a piece of furniture that Karl makes during the first winter?
12. How many windows does Karl buy for the house he is building for his family?
13. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) Samuel Nojd.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) John Johanssen.
(d) Sven Andersson.
14. Karl tells Kristina that if she had known that she was moving to a place where her children were going to be without ______________, she would never have come.
(a) a school.
(b) ample food.
(c) new clothes.
15. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will probably get lost.
(b) They will be very wealthy one day.
(c) They may never see them again.
(d) They will be back in a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
2. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
3. Why is the Indian in the tree?
4. What is the profession of the man in #172?
5. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)