|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is given to the new baby?
(a) Sven Oskar Danjel.
(b) Nils Oskar Danjel.
(c) Lars Karl Danjel.
(d) Erik Robert Danjel.
2. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
3. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
4. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
5. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A day.
6. What does the agitated Robert tell Karl when he returns home?
(a) He is moving away.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He shot an Indian.
(d) He shot an elk.
7. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) Sven Andersson.
(b) Samuel Nojd.
(c) Lars Nyberg.
(d) John Johanssen.
8. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
9. Robert believes that the sounds he hears in the bushes is __________________.
10. What is the name of the closest town for Karl and Kristina?
(a) Maple Grove.
11. What does Kristina do when she thinks the men in #109 are going to kill her?
(d) Thrashes out.
12. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
13. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(c) Her bridal petticoat.
14. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
(a) They both are very religious.
(b) They are both great singers.
(c) They both love blonde women.
(d) They do not like to be told what to do.
15. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) On an open fire outside.
(b) They eat only cold meals.
(c) A fire pit in the shanty.
(d) The fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
2. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
3. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
4. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
5. What impediment does Robert suffer from?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)