|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
2. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will be very wealthy one day.
(b) They will probably get lost.
(c) They will be back in a month.
(d) They may never see them again.
3. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
(a) Good soil.
(b) Their new home.
(d) A lake.
4. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
(a) He is attacked by Indians.
(b) He gets lost in the snow.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He meets some new neighbors.
5. Which food has Danjel offered to share with Karl and Kristina's family?
6. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) They eat only cold meals.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) On an open fire outside.
(d) A fire pit in the shanty.
7. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
(a) He used to be a minister.
(b) He is an ex-convict.
(c) He is a drunk.
(d) He left his wife and children.
8. What is the big draw for Robert in the state he wants to move to?
(b) Citrus fruit.
(d) Warm weather.
9. What does Kristina do when she thinks the men in #109 are going to kill her?
(d) Thrashes out.
10. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A coat.
(b) A puppet.
(c) A ball.
11. How much money does Johan receive in #167?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dime.
(c) A penny.
(d) A nickel.
12. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
13. How much does the man pay for the item in #169?
(a) Fifteen cents.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
14. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(c) Her bridal petticoat.
15. At whose house does Karl stop on the way home from the post office?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
2. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
3. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
4. What is the name of the closest town for Karl and Kristina?
5. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)