|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Karl not borrow the money to redeem the letter?
(a) He thinks it is an unfair charge.
(b) He does borrow the money.
(c) He is afraid of what the letter might say.
(d) He is too embarrassed.
2. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
3. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
4. What does Danjel tell Arvid when Arvid says he is leaving for California?
(a) He hopes he gets rich from all the gold.
(b) He does not want him to go because he needs the help.
(c) He will never make it there alive.
(d) He has his blessing.
5. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
6. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
7. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
(a) He has retired.
(b) He is gone for the holidays.
(c) He is not Lutheran.
(d) He is away on a hunt.
8. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
9. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
(a) A bed.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) The chest.
10. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
(a) He does not know.
(b) Karl's father.
(d) Kristina's mother.
11. What does Johan bring home one day that indicates the approach of spring?
(a) A bird's egg.
(b) A flower.
(c) A baby bunny.
(d) A toad.
12. What did Karl bring with him from Sweden which he realizes now will be very helpful?
(a) Elderberry bushes.
(c) Seed corn.
(d) Fishing supplies.
13. Who comes to the cabin one day and frightens Kristina?
(c) Black men.
14. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
15. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
2. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
3. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
4. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
5. How much money does Karl give Robert for his trip to California?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)