|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
2. What does Kanjel name his new farm?
(a) New Karragarde.
(b) New Varmlands.
(c) New Stockholm.
(d) New Lindsborg.
3. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
4. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
5. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He gets lost in the snow.
(c) He meets some new neighbors.
(d) He is attacked by Indians.
6. Kristina feels sorry for the Indians because _____________________.
(a) they seem malnourished.
(b) they are forced off their land.
(c) they don't believe in God.
(d) they don't have cabins.
7. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
8. One day when Robert is out hunting, he sees the tracks of which kind of animal?
9. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will probably get lost.
(b) They may never see them again.
(c) They will be very wealthy one day.
(d) They will be back in a month.
10. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
(a) They are fearless.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They are intelligent.
(d) They are loyal.
11. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A ball.
(b) A coat.
(d) A puppet.
12. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
13. Karl finds it hard to believe that _____________ has changed from the person she was in Sweden.
14. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) Sven Andersson.
(b) Samuel Nojd.
(c) Lars Nyberg.
(d) John Johanssen.
15. What is the profession of the man in #172?
(a) Postmaster and Hotel Owner.
(b) Postmaster and Storekeeper.
(c) Postmaster and Blacksmith.
(d) Banker and Blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
2. What does Karl notice about the man in #162 when he stops at his house?
3. Who does Kristina consider to christen the new baby?
4. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
5. Which piece of furniture is Karl especially proud of making?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)