|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the closest town for Karl and Kristina?
(c) Maple Grove.
2. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of oranges.
(b) A side of beef.
(c) A bag of toys.
(d) A sack of flour.
3. What are the settlers waiting for in Chapter 23?
(a) Karl's return.
(b) The postman.
(d) Kristina's birthday.
4. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
(a) The chest.
(b) A chair.
(c) A table.
(d) A bed.
5. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
(a) He left his wife and children.
(b) He is an ex-convict.
(c) He used to be a minister.
(d) He is a drunk.
6. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
7. When do Samuel Nojd and Swedish Anna come to visit Karl and Kristina?
(b) New Year's.
8. What does Kristina do when she thinks the men in #109 are going to kill her?
(a) Thrashes out.
9. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
(a) a man's hat.
(b) the shape of Sweden.
(c) the head of an Indian.
(d) a lightning bolt.
10. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
11. What do Karl and Kristina never discuss?
12. Who does Kristina consider to christen the new baby?
(a) Abe Witters.
(b) Henry Jackson.
(c) Nels Larsen.
(d) Samuel Johnson.
13. What does Johan bring home one day that indicates the approach of spring?
(a) A baby bunny.
(b) A toad.
(c) A bird's egg.
(d) A flower.
14. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
15. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A ball.
(c) A coat.
(d) A puppet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
2. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
3. Who does Ulrika plan to marry?
4. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
5. What does Kanjel name his new farm?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)