|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impediment does Robert suffer from?
(a) Speech impediment.
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Bad eyesight.
2. What does Karl notice about the man in #162 when he stops at his house?
(a) He is praying.
(b) He has cholera.
(c) He is in a coma.
(d) He is drunk.
3. What do Karl and Kristina never discuss?
4. What does Kanjel name his new farm?
(a) New Varmlands.
(b) New Stockholm.
(c) New Lindsborg.
(d) New Karragarde.
5. What is Ulrika going to do as soon as the weather is warm enough?
(a) Pick wild strawberries.
(b) Get baptized.
(c) Take a trip to California.
(d) Plant a flower garden.
6. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
(a) To get a horse.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To pay a doctor.
(d) To buy Christmas gifts.
7. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) A fire pit in the shanty.
(c) They eat only cold meals.
(d) On an open fire outside.
8. Who will christen the new baby?
9. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
(a) They are fearless.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They are loyal.
(d) They are intelligent.
10. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of oranges.
(b) A sack of flour.
(c) A bag of toys.
(d) A side of beef.
11. Karl finds it hard to believe that _____________ has changed from the person she was in Sweden.
12. What does Kristina ask Karl to buy but he does not have enough money?
(a) A bed.
(c) A cow.
(d) A stove.
13. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
14. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A ball.
(d) A coat.
15. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
(a) a man's hat.
(b) a lightning bolt.
(c) the head of an Indian.
(d) the shape of Sweden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
2. What does the family use as a dining table in their shanty?
3. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
4. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
5. What does Robert see in a tree that frightens him?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)