|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
2. What is Ulrika going to do as soon as the weather is warm enough?
(a) Pick wild strawberries.
(b) Get baptized.
(c) Plant a flower garden.
(d) Take a trip to California.
3. Why will Karl not borrow the money to redeem the letter?
(a) He thinks it is an unfair charge.
(b) He does borrow the money.
(c) He is too embarrassed.
(d) He is afraid of what the letter might say.
4. At whose house does Karl stop on the way home from the post office?
5. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(b) Her bridal petticoat.
6. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
(a) He is away on a hunt.
(b) He is not Lutheran.
(c) He has retired.
(d) He is gone for the holidays.
7. What are the settlers waiting for in Chapter 23?
(a) Karl's return.
(b) Kristina's birthday.
(c) The postman.
8. How much does Kristina's new baby weigh?
(a) 8.5 pounds.
(b) 12 pounds.
(c) 7 pounds.
(d) 10.5 pounds.
9. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of toys.
(b) A bag of oranges.
(c) A side of beef.
(d) A sack of flour.
10. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
(a) They are both great singers.
(b) They both are very religious.
(c) They do not like to be told what to do.
(d) They both love blonde women.
11. What does Karl notice about the man in #162 when he stops at his house?
(a) He has cholera.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is in a coma.
(d) He is praying.
12. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
(b) A cow.
13. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
14. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
15. Who was Karl and Kristina's daughter who died when they were in Sweden?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Karl and Kristina move into their new home?
2. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
3. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
4. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
5. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)