|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl spend most of his time doing?
(a) Cutting down trees.
(b) Plowing the field.
(c) Making new friends.
(d) Building the house.
2. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
3. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
(a) The day before his departure.
(b) The day of his departure.
(c) A month before he leaves.
(d) He'll send a telegram after he's gone.
4. What is the name of the closest town for Karl and Kristina?
(a) Maple Grove.
5. Who will care for Danjel's children when Ulrika leaves?
(d) Swedish Anna.
6. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
(a) He is attacked by Indians.
(b) He gets lost in the snow.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He meets some new neighbors.
7. A cliff near a creek strongly resembles ___________________.
(a) the head of an Indian.
(b) a lightning bolt.
(c) the shape of Sweden.
(d) a man's hat.
8. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
(a) Kristina's parents.
(b) His parents.
(d) Kristina's godmother.
9. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
(a) There was a full moon the night before.
(b) Her body has not adjusted to the new time zone.
(c) She has been doing a lot of physical labor.
(d) She may be having twins.
10. Karl finds it hard to believe that _____________ has changed from the person she was in Sweden.
11. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
12. How much money does Karl give Robert for his trip to California?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
13. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
(a) Kristina's mother.
(c) He does not know.
(d) Karl's father.
14. What business also serves as a post office in town?
(a) The feed story.
(b) The blacksmith shop.
(c) A small store.
(d) The church.
15. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to the new baby?
2. When do Karl and Kristina move into their new home?
3. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
4. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
5. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)