|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl finds it hard to believe that _____________ has changed from the person she was in Sweden.
2. When do Samuel Nojd and Swedish Anna come to visit Karl and Kristina?
(b) New Year's.
3. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
(a) much preferable to his.
(b) which will soon be extinct.
(c) that is resourceful.
(d) that is wholesome.
4. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
(a) They are loyal.
(b) They are intelligent.
(c) They are fearless.
(d) They are lazy.
5. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(a) Her bridal petticoat.
6. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
7. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
8. Karl had only enough money to build their house or buy _______________.
(a) a cow.
(b) a plow.
(c) new coats.
9. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will probably get lost.
(b) They may never see them again.
(c) They will be very wealthy one day.
(d) They will be back in a month.
10. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
(a) The day of his departure.
(b) He'll send a telegram after he's gone.
(c) A month before he leaves.
(d) The day before his departure.
11. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
12. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
13. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
(a) He meets some new neighbors.
(b) He is attacked by Indians.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets lost in the snow.
14. Who will christen the new baby?
15. What does Johan bring home one day that indicates the approach of spring?
(a) A flower.
(b) A toad.
(c) A bird's egg.
(d) A baby bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
2. Who was Karl and Kristina's daughter who died when they were in Sweden?
3. What frivolous purchase has Ulrika made?
4. At whose house does Karl stop on the way home from the post office?
5. What is Ulrika going to do as soon as the weather is warm enough?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)