|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will be back in a month.
(b) They may never see them again.
(c) They will be very wealthy one day.
(d) They will probably get lost.
2. What does Robert see in a tree that frightens him?
(a) An Indian.
(b) An owl.
(c) A cougar.
(d) An eagle.
3. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) They eat only cold meals.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) A fire pit in the shanty.
(d) On an open fire outside.
4. What does Kristina ask Karl to buy but he does not have enough money?
(a) A bed.
(b) A cow.
(d) A stove.
5. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
(a) They both are very religious.
(b) They both love blonde women.
(c) They do not like to be told what to do.
(d) They are both great singers.
6. Which food has Danjel offered to share with Karl and Kristina's family?
7. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
(a) A table.
(b) The chest.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bed.
8. What does Kristina do when she thinks the men in #109 are going to kill her?
(a) Thrashes out.
9. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
(a) To remind her of home.
(b) To chase away the rats.
(c) She does not like cats.
(d) For company.
10. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
(a) He is not Lutheran.
(b) He has retired.
(c) He is gone for the holidays.
(d) He is away on a hunt.
11. What is the big draw for Robert in the state he wants to move to?
(a) Warm weather.
(b) Citrus fruit.
12. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
13. How much money does Johan receive in #167?
(a) A penny.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
14. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
15. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
2. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
3. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
4. Ulrika has also turned down a marriage proposal from a ______________ man in town.
5. When it snows, Karl makes a rope of ________________ to tie between the house and the shed.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)