|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl tells Kristina that if she had known that she was moving to a place where her children were going to be without ______________, she would never have come.
(b) ample food.
(c) a school.
(d) new clothes.
2. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
3. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) A fire pit in the shanty.
(b) They eat only cold meals.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) On an open fire outside.
4. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
(b) Their new home.
(c) Good soil.
(d) A lake.
5. What do Karl and Kristina never discuss?
6. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A side of beef.
(b) A bag of toys.
(c) A bag of oranges.
(d) A sack of flour.
7. Who does Kristina consider to christen the new baby?
(a) Henry Jackson.
(b) Samuel Johnson.
(c) Nels Larsen.
(d) Abe Witters.
8. What frivolous purchase has Ulrika made?
(a) A hat.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A stole.
9. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
(a) He used to be a minister.
(b) He left his wife and children.
(c) He is an ex-convict.
(d) He is a drunk.
10. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
(a) Philip J. Bowdoin.
(b) Walter H. Abbott.
(c) Thomas Sanderson.
(d) Charles Meyers.
11. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) Samuel Nojd.
(b) John Johanssen.
(c) Sven Andersson.
(d) Lars Nyberg.
12. What is the big draw for Robert in the state he wants to move to?
(b) Citrus fruit.
(d) Warm weather.
13. What name is given to the new baby?
(a) Lars Karl Danjel.
(b) Erik Robert Danjel.
(c) Nils Oskar Danjel.
(d) Sven Oskar Danjel.
14. Which piece of furniture is Karl especially proud of making?
15. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
(a) To pay a doctor.
(b) To buy Christmas gifts.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To get a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
2. Kristina feels sorry for the Indians because _____________________.
3. Why is the Indian in the tree?
4. When does Robert plan to tell Karl that Robert is leaving?
5. When it snows, Karl makes a rope of ________________ to tie between the house and the shed.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)