|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
(b) Kristina's godmother.
(c) Kristina's parents.
(d) His parents.
2. Who will christen the new baby?
3. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
4. Karl tells Kristina that if she had known that she was moving to a place where her children were going to be without ______________, she would never have come.
(a) new clothes.
(b) a school.
(d) ample food.
5. What is the secret that Anders has been keeping?
(a) He is an ex-convict.
(b) He left his wife and children.
(c) He is a drunk.
(d) He used to be a minister.
6. Which of Robert's Swedish friends made the trip with him to America?
7. Why does Kristina wish she had a cat?
(a) To chase away the rats.
(b) To remind her of home.
(c) For company.
(d) She does not like cats.
8. Who gives Johan the first coin that is his alone?
(b) A traveler.
9. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
10. Who had paid for the passage of the man in #125 to America?
11. At whose house does Karl stop on the way home from the post office?
12. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A ball.
(c) A coat.
13. What does Johan bring home one day that indicates the approach of spring?
(a) A flower.
(b) A toad.
(c) A bird's egg.
(d) A baby bunny.
14. Which piece of furniture is Karl especially proud of making?
15. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
(a) They will be very wealthy one day.
(b) They will probably get lost.
(c) They will be back in a month.
(d) They may never see them again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina ask Karl to buy but he does not have enough money?
2. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
3. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
4. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
5. What did Karl bring with him from Sweden which he realizes now will be very helpful?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)