|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
(a) She has been doing a lot of physical labor.
(b) She may be having twins.
(c) There was a full moon the night before.
(d) Her body has not adjusted to the new time zone.
2. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A day.
3. What does Karl cut and stack to use at a later time?
4. Robert believes that the sounds he hears in the bushes is __________________.
5. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
(b) He does not know.
(c) Kristina's mother.
(d) Karl's father.
6. What does Karl spend most of his time doing?
(a) Plowing the field.
(b) Building the house.
(c) Cutting down trees.
(d) Making new friends.
7. In what way are Karl and Robert alike?
(a) They both love blonde women.
(b) They are both great singers.
(c) They do not like to be told what to do.
(d) They both are very religious.
8. Who has now proposed to Ulrika?
(a) John Johanssen.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Sven Andersson.
(d) Samuel Nojd.
9. Why can the man in #142 not christen the new baby?
(a) He is not Lutheran.
(b) He is gone for the holidays.
(c) He is away on a hunt.
(d) He has retired.
10. What impediment does Robert suffer from?
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) Speech impediment.
(d) Bad eyesight.
11. Who comes to the cabin one day and frightens Kristina?
(b) Black men.
12. What frivolous purchase has Ulrika made?
(a) A hat.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A stole.
13. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
(c) A cow.
14. Where does Robert plan to go once the Spring thaw comes?
15. What is the profession of the man in #172?
(a) Postmaster and Storekeeper.
(b) Banker and Blacksmith.
(c) Postmaster and Blacksmith.
(d) Postmaster and Hotel Owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a piece of furniture that Karl makes during the first winter?
2. What job does Elin get in town?
3. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
4. Who does Kristina consider to christen the new baby?
5. What name is given to the new baby?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)