|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only piece of furniture in the shanty?
(a) A bed.
(b) A table.
(c) The chest.
(d) A chair.
2. What name is given to the new baby?
(a) Sven Oskar Danjel.
(b) Erik Robert Danjel.
(c) Lars Karl Danjel.
(d) Nils Oskar Danjel.
3. Kristina uses a concoction of rabbit fat and _____________ to wash the skunk smell out of Johan's clothes.
4. How long does it take Karl and the other men to build Karl's house?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
5. Why does Karl borrow five dollars from Danjel?
(a) To buy Christmas gifts.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To pay a doctor.
(d) To get a horse.
6. What does Karl carry on his back on the way back from town?
(a) A bag of toys.
(b) A side of beef.
(c) A sack of flour.
(d) A bag of oranges.
7. Karl finds it hard to believe that _____________ has changed from the person she was in Sweden.
8. How much money does Johan receive in #167?
(a) A penny.
(b) A dime.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A nickel.
9. Which food has Danjel offered to share with Karl and Kristina's family?
10. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
11. Why can Karl not pick up the letter which is waiting for him at the post office?
(a) He cannot sign his name in English.
(b) He does not have the fifteen cents postage due.
(c) He can't make it through all the snow.
(d) The post office is closed.
12. Who does Kristina ask Karl to go for to help her during the birth of her child?
13. Robert is secretly making plans to go to _____________ to live.
14. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(a) A coat.
(b) A ball.
(c) A puppet.
15. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #112 suggest might be the reason for Kristina's early labor?
2. What frivolous purchase has Ulrika made?
3. What does Karl notice about the man in #162 when he stops at his house?
4. Why will Karl not borrow the money to redeem the letter?
5. Kristina learns that Ulrika is to marry ______________________.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)