|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert see in a tree that frightens him?
(a) An owl.
(b) An Indian.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A cougar.
2. Karl had only enough money to build their house or buy _______________.
(a) new coats.
(b) a cow.
(c) a plow.
3. Why can Karl not pick up the letter which is waiting for him at the post office?
(a) He cannot sign his name in English.
(b) He does not have the fifteen cents postage due.
(c) He can't make it through all the snow.
(d) The post office is closed.
4. What does Karl believe about the Indians?
(a) They are loyal.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They are fearless.
(d) They are intelligent.
5. Who comes to the cabin one day and frightens Kristina?
(b) Black men.
6. Who has proposed to Ulrika?
7. What does Kristina cut up to make diapers and clothing for her new baby?
(a) Her bridal petticoat.
8. Kristina continues to battle ___________________.
9. How much money does Johan receive in #167?
(a) A penny.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
10. Robert believes that the Indians have a way of life ____________________.
(a) that is resourceful.
(b) much preferable to his.
(c) which will soon be extinct.
(d) that is wholesome.
11. What business also serves as a post office in town?
(a) The church.
(b) The feed story.
(c) The blacksmith shop.
(d) A small store.
12. What does the traveler buy from Karl?
13. What job does Elin get in town?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A maid.
(d) A seamstress.
14. What does Swedish Anna bring for Harald when she visits?
(b) A coat.
(c) A ball.
(d) A puppet.
15. Who sent the letter that Karl is now able to get at the post office?
(a) His parents.
(b) Kristina's godmother.
(d) Kristina's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karl and Kristina think as they watch Robert and Arvid leave?
2. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
3. Who does Karl tell Kristina that the letter is from?
4. What does the family use as a dining table in their shanty?
5. What religion does Ulrika feel is best for her?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)