|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert not want to make a huge fortune?
(a) It would be difficult to handle.
(b) People would always want his money.
(c) He does want to make a huge fortune.
(d) He would be a target for thieves.
2. What tribe of Indians are the travelers likely to encounter on their trip?
3. What city does the group arrive at in Chapter 7?
4. The group's late arrival in America means that they _______________________.
(a) will not be able to make a land claim.
(b) cannot try to cross the mountains because of snow.
(c) will not have the right clothes for this season.
(d) may not be able to get a crop planted for this season.
5. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
6. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
7. What is Anna Johansdotter's nickname?
(a) Anna Banana.
(b) Anna Sweden.
(c) Swedish Anna.
8. Robert knows that he will have to learn the English language in order to _____________________.
(a) buy dry goods.
(b) avoid being murdered in America.
(c) sell crops.
(d) go to church.
9. The passengers learn that there is an epidemic of __________________ on board the ship.
(d) Rheumatic fever.
10. What kind of animal does Karl see which has fallen into the water?
11. What does Fina-Kajas ask her son when she sees him?
(a) Why he never sent any money.
(b) Why he has grown a beard.
(c) Why he never wrote letters.
(d) Why his face is so red.
12. What is the final destination of the group?
(c) Taylor Falls.
13. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
14. Who is Karl's younger brother who is also on the trip?
15. Why are the children disappointed when Karl returns to the ship?
(a) He does not have any blankets.
(b) He did not buy any candy.
(c) He could not find any books.
(d) He does not have any milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Baptist minister who helps the group?
2. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
3. What does Karl go in search of when the boat docks one day to take on wood?
4. Who is the neighbor of the man in #65?
5. What do the travelers realize as they pass over the prairie?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)