|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl is impressed that Anders has _________________.
(a) a mule.
(b) a team of oxen.
(c) a flock of geese.
(d) a pair of horses.
2. Who gives food to Danjel's family?
3. How many children does Danjel have?
4. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
5. What tribe of Indians are the travelers likely to encounter on their trip?
6. How far is Karl's homestead from the town of Taylor Falls?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 75 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
7. Who is the neighbor of the man in #65?
(a) Axel Larsen.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Sigurd Thomassen.
(d) Jons Svenson.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of Karl and Kristina's children?
9. Who is Ulrika's daughter?
10. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
11. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
12. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Nationalist.
(b) The Albany Frigate.
(c) The Isaac Newton.
(d) The Desperado.
13. What do the travelers realize as they pass over the prairie?
(a) They love this new land.
(b) They have made a mistake.
(c) They will need equipment to plow.
(d) They will never return to Sweden.
14. Where do many of the passengers go ashore when the ship makes a stop?
15. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which insect does Anders tell the men can be a big problem for farmers?
2. Robert hopes to earn enough money to find a doctor to help with ________________________.
3. Where is Karl Oskar headed with his family?
4. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
5. Who is Karl's younger brother who is also on the trip?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)