|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
2. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
(d) Dried apples.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Karl and Kristina's children?
4. What type of trees do the men take special note of in the forest?
(c) Sugar Maple.
5. What does Robert study in preparation for the farmers' new lives in America?
(a) The social customs.
(b) The seasons.
(c) The religions.
(d) The currency.
6. What does Danjel create in everyone around him?
7. Who wife died during the sea voyage?
8. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
9. What is the final destination of the group?
(c) Taylor Falls.
10. Why does Danjel think his child died?
(a) Because he was angry with God.
(b) To give him one less mouth to feed.
(c) So Danjel would move his devotion back to God.
(d) So she could be with her dead mother.
11. How many children does Danjel have?
12. Which one of Karl and Kristina's children died while they were still in Sweden?
13. To whom does Karl write a letter telling of the group's arrival in America?
(a) His brother.
(b) His parents.
(c) Kristina's uncle.
(d) His parish priest.
14. Robert hopes to earn enough money to find a doctor to help with ________________________.
(a) painful back.
(b) a hearing problem.
(c) swollen joints.
(d) skin lesions.
15. Karl finds the land he wants by a lake called ____________________.
(a) Big Eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ulrika is known as ______________________.
2. Who is Robert's best friend?
3. The passengers learn that there is an epidemic of __________________ on board the ship.
4. Who is the man who Karl Oskar knows who lives in the state in #7?
5. What is a requirement for the men as they select their homesteads?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)