|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a man who falls off the boat into the river?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He is picked up by another boat.
(d) He is rescued by the captain.
2. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
3. What is the final destination of the group?
(b) Taylor Falls.
4. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
5. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
6. Which of Danjel's children dies on board the steamer ship?
7. What sign is Karl unable to read on the train?
(a) Please hand ticket to porter.
(b) Danger! Watch your step.
(c) No smoking.
(d) Dining car this way.
8. How far away from their final destination is the town in #61?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 500 miles.
9. Who wife died during the sea voyage?
10. Who is the guide the ship's captain locates to help Karl and the others get to their destination?
(a) Jons Dahlgren.
(b) Loffe Ekstrom.
(c) Anderson Blum.
(d) Long Landberg.
11. What does Karl go in search of when the boat docks one day to take on wood?
(a) Food and milk.
12. Where does the group disembark from the steamboat in Chapter 9?
13. Why is Ulrika angry with Karl?
(a) She accuses him of stealing her food.
(b) He is disrespectful toward women.
(c) She thinks he misled the group on how long the trip would be.
(d) He has assigned himself as the leader of the group.
14. Who is Robert's best friend?
15. How must the group travel on the last leg of their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna Johansdotter's nickname?
2. The group's late arrival in America means that they _______________________.
3. Some of the people who have come to America have _________________ motives.
4. When the boat stops periodically, a few men go ashore with a bundle and __________________.
5. Why does Danjel think his child died?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)