|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
2. Who is the oldest person in the group of farmers?
(a) Robert Bjork.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Arvid Bremer.
(d) Jonas Petters.
3. What does Karl think about Anders after spending some time with him?
(a) Anders is lying.
(b) Anders has a secret.
(c) Anders is not his real name.
(d) Anders has committed a crime.
4. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
5. Where does Anders take the men?
(a) To find the land they want to homestead.
(b) To church.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To the courthouse.
6. One of the first men to welcome the new settlers is Samuel ______________.
7. What kind of animal does Karl see which has fallen into the water?
8. Which of Danjel's children dies on board the steamer ship?
9. How must the group travel on the last leg of their journey?
10. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Nationalist.
(b) The Desperado.
(c) The Albany Frigate.
(d) The Isaac Newton.
11. Why does Danjel think his child died?
(a) So she could be with her dead mother.
(b) So Danjel would move his devotion back to God.
(c) To give him one less mouth to feed.
(d) Because he was angry with God.
12. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
13. Who is the Baptist minister who helps the group?
(a) J. Johnson Hall.
(b) Milford Hunt.
(c) Henry O. Jackson.
(d) Everett Hansen.
14. The members of the group think that the woman in the flowing robe on a coin must be _____________________.
(a) Lady Liberty.
(b) a saint.
(c) an angel.
(d) the president's wife.
15. The members of the group fear that the final leg of the trip will be too strenuous for ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Danjel's religion?
2. What happens to Karl when he goes ashore?
3. Why will Karl and Kristina not allow their children to eat the food on the ship?
4. What type of trees do the men take special note of in the forest?
5. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)