|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert knows that he will have to learn the English language in order to _____________________.
(a) go to church.
(b) sell crops.
(c) avoid being murdered in America.
(d) buy dry goods.
2. Danjel notes that he fully expected God to destroy __________________.
(a) the king.
3. What does Robert study in preparation for the farmers' new lives in America?
(a) The religions.
(b) The social customs.
(c) The currency.
(d) The seasons.
4. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Albany Frigate.
(b) The Nationalist.
(c) The Isaac Newton.
(d) The Desperado.
5. Anders is infatuated with which woman?
6. What does Robert plan to not buy?
(a) Seed corn.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A house.
(d) Too many possessions.
7. To whom does Karl write a letter telling of the group's arrival in America?
(a) Kristina's uncle.
(b) His parents.
(c) His parish priest.
(d) His brother.
8. What is the name of the ship that will take the group almost all the way to their destination?
(a) The Sea Mist.
(b) The Vanguard.
(c) The Red Wing.
(d) The Driftwood.
9. One of the first men to welcome the new settlers is Samuel ______________.
10. What tribe of Indians are the travelers likely to encounter on their trip?
11. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
12. What city does the group arrive at in Chapter 7?
13. What does Fina-Kajas ask her son when she sees him?
(a) Why he has grown a beard.
(b) Why he never wrote letters.
(c) Why his face is so red.
(d) Why he never sent any money.
14. What does Karl think about Anders after spending some time with him?
(a) Anders has a secret.
(b) Anders is lying.
(c) Anders has committed a crime.
(d) Anders is not his real name.
15. Why is Robert hurriedly studying English?
(a) So he can order food in a restaurant.
(b) So he can pay for items and not be overcharged.
(c) So he can speak for the group after their guide leaves.
(d) So he can talk to girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the children disappointed when Karl returns to the ship?
2. Why does Danjel think his child died?
3. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
4. Where is the missing child in #36 found?
5. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)