|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Karl's homestead from the town of Taylor Falls?
(a) 9 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 75 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
2. How far away from their final destination is the town in #61?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 500 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
3. Karl finds the land he wants by a lake called ____________________.
(c) Big Eagle.
4. Where does the ship dock in America?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. What is the name of the ship that arrives in Chapter 1?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Charlotta.
(c) The Vagabond.
(d) The Sentinel.
6. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
7. The members of the group think that the woman in the flowing robe on a coin must be _____________________.
(a) a saint.
(b) Lady Liberty.
(c) the president's wife.
(d) an angel.
8. Who is the oldest person in the group of farmers?
(a) Lars Nyberg.
(b) Arvid Bremer.
(c) Robert Bjork.
(d) Jonas Petters.
9. The people who Ulrika meets on the trip think she is a _________________.
10. Who cares for Danjel's children since Danjel's wife died?
11. When the boat stops periodically, a few men go ashore with a bundle and __________________.
12. Why does Robert not want to make a huge fortune?
(a) He does want to make a huge fortune.
(b) He would be a target for thieves.
(c) It would be difficult to handle.
(d) People would always want his money.
13. Who is the guide the ship's captain locates to help Karl and the others get to their destination?
(a) Long Landberg.
(b) Loffe Ekstrom.
(c) Anderson Blum.
(d) Jons Dahlgren.
14. What happens to a man who falls off the boat into the river?
(a) He is picked up by another boat.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He is rescued by the captain.
(d) He drowns.
15. Kristina is glad that her family in Sweden cannot see __________________.
(a) how poor they are.
(b) how little their house is.
(c) how Karl is mean to her.
(d) how homesick she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final destination of the group?
2. What sign is Karl unable to read on the train?
3. Who is the Baptist minister who helps the group?
4. What happens to Karl when he goes ashore?
5. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)