|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl think about Anders after spending some time with him?
(a) Anders is not his real name.
(b) Anders has a secret.
(c) Anders is lying.
(d) Anders has committed a crime.
2. Karl is impressed that Anders has _________________.
(a) a mule.
(b) a flock of geese.
(c) a team of oxen.
(d) a pair of horses.
3. What does Kristina note about Danjel's family?
(a) They do not have any food.
(b) They seem very sad.
(c) Their shoes are very worn.
(d) They appear ill.
4. Why is Ulrika angry with Karl?
(a) He has assigned himself as the leader of the group.
(b) She accuses him of stealing her food.
(c) She thinks he misled the group on how long the trip would be.
(d) He is disrespectful toward women.
5. What does Robert do faithfully each day while on the ship?
(a) Sketches in a journal.
(b) Studies English.
(c) Writes letters.
6. How long has Anders lived in America?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
7. What is Danjel's religion?
8. What does Robert study in preparation for the farmers' new lives in America?
(a) The currency.
(b) The seasons.
(c) The social customs.
(d) The religions.
9. Karl finds the land he wants by a lake called ____________________.
(c) Big Eagle.
10. Where does the group disembark from the steamboat in Chapter 9?
11. Anders tells the men that they may have to dig as deep as __________ feet if they want a well for their water supply.
12. The group's late arrival in America means that they _______________________.
(a) cannot try to cross the mountains because of snow.
(b) will not be able to make a land claim.
(c) may not be able to get a crop planted for this season.
(d) will not have the right clothes for this season.
13. Who is the neighbor of the man in #65?
(a) Sigurd Thomassen.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Jons Svenson.
(d) Axel Larsen.
14. Danjel notes that he fully expected God to destroy __________________.
(c) the king.
15. Kristina is glad that her family in Sweden cannot see __________________.
(a) how poor they are.
(b) how homesick she is.
(c) how Karl is mean to her.
(d) how little their house is.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
2. What does Karl go in search of when the boat docks one day to take on wood?
3. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
4. Kristina is pregnant with a child who will be born before __________________.
5. Why will Karl and Kristina not allow their children to eat the food on the ship?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)