|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Danjel's children dies on board the steamer ship?
2. Who is Robert's best friend?
3. Karl is impressed that Anders has _________________.
(a) a flock of geese.
(b) a mule.
(c) a pair of horses.
(d) a team of oxen.
4. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
(c) Dried apples.
5. What does Kristina note about Danjel's family?
(a) They do not have any food.
(b) They seem very sad.
(c) Their shoes are very worn.
(d) They appear ill.
6. Karl is surprised to learn that Anders has only ____________ acres plowed in the time he has lived in America.
7. Which one of Karl and Kristina's children died while they were still in Sweden?
8. Kristina is pregnant with a child who will be born before __________________.
(a) the house is built.
(d) the end of Spring.
9. Robert hopes to earn enough money to find a doctor to help with ________________________.
(a) skin lesions.
(b) painful back.
(c) a hearing problem.
(d) swollen joints.
10. What kind of animal does Karl see which has fallen into the water?
11. Who is the oldest person in the group of farmers?
(a) Arvid Bremer.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Robert Bjork.
(d) Jonas Petters.
12. What type of trees do the men take special note of in the forest?
(b) Sugar Maple.
13. How long has Anders lived in America?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 15 years.
14. What is the name of the ship that arrives in Chapter 1?
(a) The Sentinel.
(b) The Vagabond.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The Charlotta.
15. Which insect does Anders tell the men can be a big problem for farmers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many of the passengers go ashore when the ship makes a stop?
2. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
3. Who is Karl's younger brother who is also on the trip?
4. What is Anna Johansdotter's nickname?
5. Who is the neighbor of the man in #65?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)