|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the children is missing when it is time to re-board the ship?
2. Which one of Karl and Kristina's children died while they were still in Sweden?
3. Who is the oldest person in the group of farmers?
(a) Lars Nyberg.
(b) Robert Bjork.
(c) Jonas Petters.
(d) Arvid Bremer.
4. What is Anna Johansdotter's nickname?
(a) Anna Banana.
(b) Swedish Anna.
(c) Anna Sweden.
5. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Albany Frigate.
(b) The Isaac Newton.
(c) The Nationalist.
(d) The Desperado.
6. The members of the group think that the woman in the flowing robe on a coin must be _____________________.
(a) an angel.
(b) the president's wife.
(c) a saint.
(d) Lady Liberty.
7. What does Robert study in preparation for the farmers' new lives in America?
(a) The social customs.
(b) The currency.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The religions.
8. Where do many of the passengers go ashore when the ship makes a stop?
9. Robert hopes to earn enough money to find a doctor to help with ________________________.
(a) skin lesions.
(b) a hearing problem.
(c) painful back.
(d) swollen joints.
10. What city does the group arrive at in Chapter 7?
11. Why are the children disappointed when Karl returns to the ship?
(a) He does not have any milk.
(b) He does not have any blankets.
(c) He did not buy any candy.
(d) He could not find any books.
12. Why is Ulrika angry with Karl?
(a) She thinks he misled the group on how long the trip would be.
(b) She accuses him of stealing her food.
(c) He has assigned himself as the leader of the group.
(d) He is disrespectful toward women.
13. Where does Anders take the men?
(a) To find the land they want to homestead.
(b) To the doctor's office.
(c) To church.
(d) To the courthouse.
14. Which insect does Anders tell the men can be a big problem for farmers?
15. Kristina is pregnant with a child who will be born before __________________.
(a) the end of Spring.
(c) the house is built.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the steamboat captain warn the passengers to not stay in the area where they disembark?
2. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
3. What do the travelers realize as they pass over the prairie?
4. Ulrika is known as ______________________.
5. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)