|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who Karl Oskar knows who lives in the state in #7?
(a) Anders Mansson.
(b) Lars Nyberg.
(c) Sven Larsen.
(d) Karl Evers.
2. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) On an open fire outside.
(c) They eat only cold meals.
(d) A fire pit in the shanty.
3. What happens to Karl on the way home from town?
(a) He meets some new neighbors.
(b) He is attacked by Indians.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets lost in the snow.
4. Why will Karl and Kristina not allow their children to eat the food on the ship?
(a) It is not fully cooked.
(b) It is moldy.
(c) They are allergic to it.
(d) They think it is tained.
5. What do Ulrika and Elin wear to ward off illness?
(b) Herb pouches.
(c) Mustard plaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the guide the ship's captain locates to help Karl and the others get to their destination?
2. Kristina is glad that her family in Sweden cannot see __________________.
3. What type of trees do the men take special note of in the forest?
4. What animal is Robert able to catch without firing his gun?
5. Which of the following does Karl NOT focus on when writing a letter to his parents?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)