|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the missing child in #36 found?
(a) Running after squirrels.
(b) A grove of fruit trees.
(c) In a store.
(d) On the dock.
2. What does Robert request of a woman at a house along the way?
(c) Fresh water.
(d) A place to rest.
3. The group's late arrival in America means that they _______________________.
(a) will not be able to make a land claim.
(b) cannot try to cross the mountains because of snow.
(c) will not have the right clothes for this season.
(d) may not be able to get a crop planted for this season.
4. Why is the Indian in the tree?
(a) He is a runaway.
(b) He has a good vantage point for hunting.
(c) He is dead and secured there until the ground thaws for burial.
(d) He is a lookout.
5. Robert knows that he will have to learn the English language in order to _____________________.
(a) buy dry goods.
(b) sell crops.
(c) go to church.
(d) avoid being murdered in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from their final destination is the town in #61?
2. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
3. Because of the shock of the intruders in #109, Kristina goes into labor ___________ weeks early.
4. What type of trees do the men take special note of in the forest?
5. What happens to Karl when he goes ashore?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)