|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Nationalist.
(b) The Desperado.
(c) The Isaac Newton.
(d) The Albany Frigate.
2. Who is the Baptist minister who helps the group?
(a) Everett Hansen.
(b) J. Johnson Hall.
(c) Milford Hunt.
(d) Henry O. Jackson.
3. What is Danjel's religion?
4. How many children does Danjel have?
5. What is a requirement for the men as they select their homesteads?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Short distance to town.
(c) Running water nearby.
(d) A church close by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which insect does Anders tell the men can be a big problem for farmers?
2. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
3. What does Karl think about Anders after spending some time with him?
4. Who gives food to Danjel's family?
5. Who cares for Danjel's children since Danjel's wife died?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)