|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Karl bring with him from Sweden which he realizes now will be very helpful?
(a) Elderberry bushes.
(b) Seed corn.
(d) Fishing supplies.
2. How does Kristina cook the family's meals?
(a) A fire pit in the shanty.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) On an open fire outside.
(d) They eat only cold meals.
3. Who wife died during the sea voyage?
4. Which one of Fina-Kajas' sons does the group encounter on their trip?
5. What does Anders loan to Karl and Kristina for the winter?
(b) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl produce and sell to some of his neighbors?
2. Which of the following is NOT a piece of furniture that Karl makes during the first winter?
3. Why does Danjel think his child died?
4. What does Karl go in search of when the boat docks one day to take on wood?
5. What is one of the items in Kristina's basket which is almost the last of the food for the group?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)