|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Karl write a letter telling of the group's arrival in America?
(a) His parish priest.
(b) His brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) Kristina's uncle.
2. Where does the ship dock in America?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Who is Robert's best friend?
4. When the boat stops periodically, a few men go ashore with a bundle and __________________.
5. What is the name of the steamboat which takes the group to Albany?
(a) The Nationalist.
(b) The Albany Frigate.
(c) The Desperado.
(d) The Isaac Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Karl's younger brother who is also on the trip?
2. Some of the people who have come to America have _________________ motives.
3. What sign is Karl unable to read on the train?
4. What do the travelers realize as they pass over the prairie?
5. Who is the oldest person in the group of farmers?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)