Chapters 1 through 6
1. What is the name of the ship that arrives in Chapter 1?
(a) The Vagabond.
(b) The Sentinel.
(c) The Charlotta.
(d) The Raven.
2. The farmers and their families on board the ship are from which country?
3. Where does the ship dock in America?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What disease do the authorities check for before allowing the passengers to disembark?
5. What is Karl Oskar's last name?
6. How many children do Karl Oskar and his wife, Kristina, have?
7. Where is Karl Oskar headed with his family?
8. Who is the man who Karl Oskar knows who lives in the state in #7?
(a) Anders Mansson.
(b) Karl Evers.
(c) Lars Nyberg.
(d) Sven Larsen.
9. Who is Karl's younger brother who is also on the trip?
10. Who is Kristina's uncle who is also on the trip?
This section contains 3,700 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)