|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Riverdell Hospital?
2. What misled the doctors the day of Sunny's third hospitalization?
3. What is Baden's criticism against the doctors who saw Tinning's nine dead children?
4. What caused Belushi's brain to swell?
5. What mistake does Baden blame prison authorities for making?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Baden knew the hostages were killed by the guards.
2. Explain what Baden and his team found when they became part of the medical review board that monitors prison deaths, and how those issues were addressed.
3. Explain why the DA dropped the three additional murder charges against Kuklinski.
4. Describe the circumstances in the case of the S&M nurse and doctor in Chapter Ten that led to the case being taken to a grand jury to process the nurse for homicide.
5. Explain the three themes of Baden's affidavit in the case of Claus von Bulow.
6. Explain the situation that causes some teenagers and adults to accidentally commit suicide by hanging during sexual experimentation.
7. How did Baden know the killer in the Buffalo slayings was trained, either as a hunter or medically?
8. Explain how and why Jascalevich killed the patients of other doctors.
9. Explain Ondine's syndrome.
10. Describe why a body in the desert mummifies, and why a body in the Arctic stays bacteria free.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the mistakes that led to the original conviction of Claus von Bulow. From what did the EMTs who delivered Sunny, his wife, believe she was suffering ? What caused the hospital staff to disagree? What mistake did they make as a result? Following their assumptions, what mistakes did the lab make in testing Sunny's samples? Why did this lead to false information? What assumptions were made about the insulin needle? What turned out to be the truth? What does this say about the importance of proper procedures in this position?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the forensics used in the case of the prison riot at Attica to prove the guards accidentally shot the hostages. What techniques did Baden use to look at the bodies? What did he find? Why did people dislike his findings? How could he prove the findings? What mistakes did others, such as the funeral director, make that hindered the investigation? Did this serve to increase the tension? Why? Do you think the end result at Attica was beneficial? Why? What group did the riots help create? What does that group do? How did that help the prisoners in the long run?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the case of Paul Fried in detail. What were the original circumstances surrounding Paul's death? What caused further investigation? What role did his wife, Catherine, play? What was their relationship like? Who came forward with information, and what was that information? How was a new cause of death discovered? What was the result? How did the autopsy findings affect this case? What does this say about the importance of a proper autopsy in any case of death?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)