|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the complaints against Baden as ME by Morgenthau and Ferrer?
2. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
3. How does Baden prove the bullet went into John Connally sideways?
4. What happened to the status of a coroner over time?
5. What fact about the 'magic' bullet does Baden point out that explains its ability to travel through more than one person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event in Oklahoma that caused the state to create an office of medical examiner.
2. Explain why Baden chose forensic medicine as his profession.
3. What happened to much of the evidence in the Kennedy assassination case, and what does Baden believe occurred?
4. Explain how the body of Theresa Ferrara was identified and why there were different strands of hair on her torso.
5. Describe why Baden notes the conspiracy theorists' use of the head movement of Kennedy after his shooting leads to unreliable conclusions.
6. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
7. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
8. Explain how the body of the mafioso was identified.
9. Explain how ricin came into fame in 1978.
10. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Belushi died of an overdose of heroin, according to Baden. Cathy Smith admits to giving Belushi the drugs, although she disagrees with his time of death, or that her specific injection caused his death. Regardless of these facts, do you think that, even if Cathy had injected Belushi's final dose, that her act constituted a crime? Why or why not? What does Baden say about most drug injection murder cases? Why did Belushi's case differ? Did Belushi's record of massive drug addiction predispose him to die of an overdose, regardless of who injected him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the near conviction of Leonard Barco, the man originally believed to have killed Gail Morris. Why was he suspected? What was the role of Dr. Braga in the original cause of death? Why did he issue the cause of death as he did? What led Baden to believe this was incorrect? What did Baden find? Why did this help convince the judge Barco did not commit the crime?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1 of the book, Baden discusses the concept of celebrity death, and the effect of a flawed autopsy on the perception of foul play surrounding the death. Do you think conspiracy theories are derived from the life of the celebrity, or the circumstances surrounding their death, or both? Why? What aspects of life or death help frame a conspiracy theory following death? Why do some celebrities suffer such beliefs after their death and some do not? Based on this, do you think forensic science can have an effect on these ideas? Why or why not? What does this say about forensic science?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)