|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ann Hart sue the government?
2. What is rigor mortis?
3. How often could autopsies be performed in Massachusetts?
4. Where did Baden moonlight during his residency?
5. What fact does Baden point to that makes him believe Miriam Weinfeld was not raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Baden notes the conspiracy theorists' use of the head movement of Kennedy after his shooting leads to unreliable conclusions.
2. What does Baden note in Chapter One is the price of fame when a celebrity dies, and why?
3. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
4. List the three tests used to determine how long someone has been dead, and mention what they are.
5. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
6. Discuss why Baden believes how someone dies is a reflection of how they live.
7. Explain why Baden believes people go into particular medical professions.
8. Explain how the body of Theresa Ferrara was identified and why there were different strands of hair on her torso.
9. In the end of Chapter One, the report given to the FBI suggests two shooters. Explain the event that prompted the committee to suggest this.
10. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Joseph Christopher case, Baden points out several odd serial killer characteristics. What made Christopher a rare serial killer? What were his methods? What were his motives? How does this differ from other serial killers? Be sure to be detailed in your answers, and include each phase of Christopher's killing spree, including:
• The shootings in Buffalo
• The killings of the taxi drivers
• The slashings in New York
Essay Topic 2
John Belushi died of an overdose of heroin, according to Baden. Cathy Smith admits to giving Belushi the drugs, although she disagrees with his time of death, or that her specific injection caused his death. Regardless of these facts, do you think that, even if Cathy had injected Belushi's final dose, that her act constituted a crime? Why or why not? What does Baden say about most drug injection murder cases? Why did Belushi's case differ? Did Belushi's record of massive drug addiction predispose him to die of an overdose, regardless of who injected him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the forensics used in the case of the prison riot at Attica to prove the guards accidentally shot the hostages. What techniques did Baden use to look at the bodies? What did he find? Why did people dislike his findings? How could he prove the findings? What mistakes did others, such as the funeral director, make that hindered the investigation? Did this serve to increase the tension? Why? Do you think the end result at Attica was beneficial? Why? What group did the riots help create? What does that group do? How did that help the prisoners in the long run?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)