|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Baden called in to investigate at Attica?
(a) The original ME claimed the prisoners died from being shot by other prisoners.
(b) The original ME claimed the hostages died from being poisoned by other prisoners.
(c) The original ME claimed the hostages died from being stabbed by guards.
(d) The original ME claimed the hostages died from being shot by guards.
2. Why were MEs suspicious of the number of SIDS deaths?
(a) Only three in a thousand die of SIDS.
(b) Only one in a million die of SIDS.
(c) SIDS is a genetic disease.
(d) SIDS is caused by smoking, and the Tinnings did not smoke.
3. What does Baden claim about the "cardiorespiratory arrest" cause of death issued for Joseph?
(a) It assumes murder.
(b) It is an accurate diagnosis.
(c) It is a wastebasket diagnosis.
(d) It assumes no unnatural cause.
4. What happened to Riverdell Hospital?
(a) It was burned down.
(b) It was demolished in a tornado.
(c) It was closed by the government.
(d) It closed for lack of patients.
5. What was the verdict in Claus's second trial?
(a) He was found guilty but mentally ill.
(b) He was found guilty.
(c) There was no second trial.
(d) He was found not guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baden believe killed Gail Morris?
2. What does Baden claim in the cause of failure for the ME system?
3. Why was Sunny von Bulow hospitalized the second time?
4. Which organ is particularly important for detecting poison?
5. What leads investigators to ask for Baden's assistance with Dr. Brown's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Baden used the digestive system to determine time of death in the Hendricks case.
2. Explain why, from the beginning, Baden believed the police had the wrong time of death for Gail Morris.
3. Explain the circumstances surrounding the finding of Daphne Mellon's vehicle, personal items, and body, and why those findings led to questions.
4. How did Baden know Paul Fried had not committed suicide?
5. Explain why the prisoners at Attica were rioting, including those things mentioned that were problems for the corrections board.
6. Explain how and why Jascalevich killed the patients of other doctors.
7. Explain the disparity between Dr. Lee's issued cause of death and Baden's issued cause of death for Dr. Brown.
8. Explain the situation that causes some teenagers and adults to accidentally commit suicide by hanging during sexual experimentation.
9. Describe the potassium eye fluid test.
10. Explain the three themes of Baden's affidavit in the case of Claus von Bulow.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)