|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police claim Frank Falco used to pretend he had a gun?
(a) A Coke bottle.
(b) A Pepsi bottle.
(c) His finger.
(d) A wooden gun.
2. What happened to the status of a coroner over time?
(a) The status increased.
(b) The status was lost.
(c) The status stayed the same.
(d) There was no status.
3. Why does Baden believe Levine was convicted at all costs?
(a) The DA wanted a conviction to spare the family.
(b) Morgenthau's office had previously lost evidence, which allowed him to be set free.
(c) The ME wanted a raise.
(d) The DA wanted a conviction to serve justice.
4. What do some list as a reason to believe Marilyn Monroe was murdered?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) There was blood at the scene.
(c) She told someone she was being followed.
(d) There were no barbiturates in her stomach.
5. What is livor mortis?
(a) A method to determine time of death that uses body stiffness.
(b) A method to determine time of death that uses body decomposition.
(c) A method to determine time of death that uses body color.
(d) A method to determine time of death that uses body temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created Four Stages of Cruelty?
2. What happened in St. Louis in 1973 that hindered MIA investigations?
3. What is Baden's rebuttal to Morgenthau's accusation that he had misplaced evidence?
4. What does Baden blame for the increase in mercury scare dsuring his time as ME?
5. Who was the first victim on which autopsy was performed in a murder investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Baden believes how someone dies is a reflection of how they live.
2. Explain why Baden believes people go into particular medical professions.
3. What happened to much of the evidence in the Kennedy assassination case, and what does Baden believe occurred?
4. List the three tests used to determine how long someone has been dead, and mention what they are.
5. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
6. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
7. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
8. Describe why Baden notes the conspiracy theorists' use of the head movement of Kennedy after his shooting leads to unreliable conclusions.
9. Explain what Baden notes occurs by the French Revolution as a way to bring bodies to medical schools for science.
10. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)