Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a coup injury?
(a) When someone has a bruised scalp, a fractured skull, and a bruised brain, all in different areas.
(b) When someone has a bruised back of the head, a fractured skull, and a bruised brain at the back.
(c) When someone has a bruised back of the head, a fractured skull, and a bruised brain at the front.
(d) When someone has a bruised scalp, a fractured skull, and a bruised brain, all directly beneath one another.
2. How does Baden prove the bullet went into John Connally sideways?
(a) He viewed the video.
(b) He reviewed the Xrays.
(c) He reviewed the medical notes of the attending physician.
(d) He physically examined him in 1978.
3. What did Baden recommend to the MIA team?
(a) They should get an Xray machine.
(b) They should get an anthropologist.
(c) They should get a microscope.
(d) They should get an ME.
4. What does the group find has happened to Kennedy's brain?
(a) It has been eaten by rodents.
(b) It has disappeared from the archives.
(c) It has rotted away.
(d) It has been donated to science.
5. What happened in St. Louis in 1973 that hindered MIA investigations?
(a) There was a computer crash that lost military records.
(b) There was a flood that damaged military records.
(c) There was a fire that burned military records.
(d) There was a tornado that damaged military records.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the majority of bodies identified?
2. What are signs of strangulation?
3. What are symptoms of ricin poisoning?
4. Why does Baden believe Levine was convicted at all costs?
5. What does Baden learn after noting $40 on the body of a dead man in an apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the symptoms of a heroin overdose, and how it kills.
2. What does Baden note in Chapter One is the price of fame when a celebrity dies, and why?
3. Explain how Baden used the digestive system to determine time of death in the Hendricks case.
4. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
5. Explain what actually happened to Daphne Mellon.
6. Discuss why Baden believes how someone dies is a reflection of how they live.
7. Explain why doctors believed Sunny von Bulow was suffering from low blood sugar on her arrival the third time at the hospital, in spite of EMT belief that she was suffering an overdose.
8. What are the ways mentioned in Chapter Six to identify a body?
9. Explain what Baden and his team found when they became part of the medical review board that monitors prison deaths, and how those issues were addressed.
10. Explain the situation that causes some teenagers and adults to accidentally commit suicide by hanging during sexual experimentation.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)