|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which autopsies are done incompetently much of the time?
(a) Unnatural death autopsies.
(b) Natural death autopsies.
(c) Suicide autopsies.
(d) Car accident autopsies.
2. How are the majority of bodies identified?
(a) By family.
(b) By dental records.
(c) By ID tags.
(d) By bone scans.
3. What did William Hare and William Burke do to obtain bodies to sell?
(a) Steal bodies from mortuaries.
(b) Murder people.
(c) Steal bodies from hospitals.
(d) Find bodies during war.
4. What does Baden note is the desire of the DAs office in terms of the ME?
(a) The DA wants the ME to be completely truthful.
(b) The DA wants the ME to answer to political pressure.
(c) The DA wants the ME to lie.
(d) The DA wants the ME to bend findings to meet his or her needs.
5. What does Baden note his profession was believed to be?
(a) A place for only the most intelligent.
(b) A dumping ground for those who couldn't finish medical school.
(c) A dumping ground for incompetents.
(d) A place for the elite in the field of medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baden delay the autopsy report in the case of Willie Welch?
2. Why did Baden fail to change the cause of death on the Soman case?
3. What does Baden blame for the increase in mercury scare dsuring his time as ME?
4. What does Baden realize about Humes and Finck, the men who performed the original autopsy?
5. The baby Baden is called to investigate immediately following the death of the lady at the benefit died from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
2. List the three tests used to determine how long someone has been dead, and mention what they are.
3. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
4. Explain why Baden chose forensic medicine as his profession.
5. Describe the event in Oklahoma that caused the state to create an office of medical examiner.
6. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
7. Describe the blunders that occurred during the Levin and Chambers case.
8. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
9. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
10. What was Humes' excuse about the faulty autopsy, and is this excuse valid?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)