|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the complaints against Baden as ME by Morgenthau and Ferrer?
(a) He is uncooperative, and improper with other staff members.
(b) He is a sloppy administrator, has bad judgment, and an uncooperative attitude.
(c) He lies on the stand to protect the DA.
(d) He has bad judgment, is uncooperative, and lies to protect himself.
2. Baden's patient at the end of Chapter Two suffers from what?
(a) An infection of the heart valve.
(b) An infection of the toe.
(c) An infection of the blood.
(d) An infection of the brain.
3. Which autopsies are done incompetently much of the time?
(a) Car accident autopsies.
(b) Natural death autopsies.
(c) Suicide autopsies.
(d) Unnatural death autopsies.
4. What fact about the 'magic' bullet does Baden point out that explains its ability to travel through more than one person?
(a) The bullet was made with a full metal jacket.
(b) The bullet was specially made.
(c) The bullet was large.
(d) The bullet was not jacketed.
5. In Chapter Two, what actually caused the death of the man being autopsied in fear of small pox?
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Humes do with his original notes from the autopsy?
2. Who was the first medical examiner of New York City?
3. What were resurrectionists during the time of the French Revolution?
4. Who was the first victim on which autopsy was performed in a murder investigation?
5. What is algor mortis?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end of Chapter One, the report given to the FBI suggests two shooters. Explain the event that prompted the committee to suggest this.
2. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
3. Describe the symptoms of strangulation, as seen during autopsy.
4. Explain the circumstances surrounding the guilty verdict of Harvey Crippen.
5. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
6. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
7. Explain how Baden discovered the age, time of death, and identity of Katherine Howard.
8. What does Baden note in Chapter One is the price of fame when a celebrity dies, and why?
9. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
10. Many cases are mentioned in Chapter Four that others point to as proof that Baden made poor judgments while acting as ME. What is his defense, in general, for the accusations?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)