|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Humes do with his original notes from the autopsy?
(a) He lost them.
(b) He burned them.
(c) He edited them.
(d) He published them.
2. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
(a) To find justice for the family.
(b) To err on the side of caution for the police.
(c) To get a conviction, regardless of truth.
(d) To pursue the truth at all consequences.
3. What does Baden learn after noting $40 on the body of a dead man in an apartment?
(a) Often, things are stolen from dead bodies.
(b) Often, police overlook such things.
(c) Often, family reports stolen jewelry.
(d) Often, the victim has no valuables.
4. What causes the skin and blood of a victim to turn cherry-pink?
(a) Ricin poisoning.
(b) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) Arsenic poisoning.
(d) Cyanide poisoning.
5. What are symptoms of ricin poisoning?
(a) Sweating, sore joints, and headache.
(b) Heart palpitations, weakness, and numbing.
(c) Sore throat, cough, and sneezing.
(d) Abdominal pain, cramps, and dehydration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rigor mortis?
2. Where did Baden moonlight during his residency?
3. What does Baden point out is a misconception about drugs and alcohol?
4. Who was the first medical examiner of New York City?
5. What happened to the property of a suicide victim during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
2. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
3. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
4. Explain how the body of Theresa Ferrara was identified and why there were different strands of hair on her torso.
5. Explain why Baden believes people go into particular medical professions.
6. Many cases are mentioned in Chapter Four that others point to as proof that Baden made poor judgments while acting as ME. What is his defense, in general, for the accusations?
7. Discuss why Baden believes how someone dies is a reflection of how they live.
8. What are the ways mentioned in Chapter Six to identify a body?
9. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
10. What happened to much of the evidence in the Kennedy assassination case, and what does Baden believe occurred?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)