|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what actually caused the death of the man being autopsied in fear of small pox?
(c) Chicken pox.
2. The baby Baden is called to investigate immediately following the death of the lady at the benefit died from what?
(c) Small pox.
3. What were resurrectionists during the time of the French Revolution?
(a) Grave robbers.
(b) Medical students.
(d) Medical examiners.
4. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
(a) To get a conviction, regardless of truth.
(b) To err on the side of caution for the police.
(c) To find justice for the family.
(d) To pursue the truth at all consequences.
5. What did Humes originally claim had happened to the bullet that went into Kennedy's back?
(a) It exited through the stomach.
(b) It was lodged in the body.
(c) It exited through the arm.
(d) It fell back out the entrance wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baden note about the FBI photographer at the scene of the autopsy?
2. What did Humes do with his original notes from the autopsy?
3. How often could autopsies be performed in Massachusetts?
4. Where did Baden moonlight during his residency?
5. If the primary method of identification is not available, what is the second type used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
2. Describe the symptoms of strangulation, as seen during autopsy.
3. Describe how Baden explains why the father of the female drug addict in Chapter Two has little emotion.
4. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
5. Explain why Baden believes people go into particular medical professions.
6. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
7. Explain how Baden discovered the age, time of death, and identity of Katherine Howard.
8. Describe the event in Oklahoma that caused the state to create an office of medical examiner.
9. Explain how ricin came into fame in 1978.
10. What happened to much of the evidence in the Kennedy assassination case, and what does Baden believe occurred?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)