|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some list as a reason to believe Marilyn Monroe was murdered?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) There was blood at the scene.
(c) She told someone she was being followed.
(d) There were no barbiturates in her stomach.
2. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
(a) To find justice for the family.
(b) To pursue the truth at all consequences.
(c) To get a conviction, regardless of truth.
(d) To err on the side of caution for the police.
3. In what year is the office of the Coroner first described?
4. Why did Ann Hart sue the government?
(a) Sexual harassment.
(b) Misidentifying her husband's remains.
(c) Claiming her husband went AWOL.
(d) Misidentifying her remains.
5. What two disciplines does Baden claim are combined in the medical examiner's position?
(a) Politics and finance.
(b) Science and politics.
(c) Science and law.
(d) Politics and law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Baden's wrongful dismissal suit to go to trial?
2. What happens to Baden's patient following his release from the hospital at the end of Chapter Two?
3. What does Baden learn after noting $40 on the body of a dead man in an apartment?
4. Baden's patient at the end of Chapter Two suffers from what?
5. Why did Baden delay the autopsy report in the case of Willie Welch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Baden believes coroners are often in trouble as a result of their positions.
2. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
3. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
4. Describe how Baden explains why the father of the female drug addict in Chapter Two has little emotion.
5. Explain why Baden chose forensic medicine as his profession.
6. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
7. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
8. Describe why Baden notes the conspiracy theorists' use of the head movement of Kennedy after his shooting leads to unreliable conclusions.
9. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
10. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)