|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is livor mortis?
(a) A method to determine time of death that uses body decomposition.
(b) A method to determine time of death that uses body stiffness.
(c) A method to determine time of death that uses body color.
(d) A method to determine time of death that uses body temperature.
2. Why did Baden fail to change the cause of death on the Soman case?
(a) He didn't have time.
(b) He didn't believe the change was truthful.
(c) He was never asked.
(d) He simply misplaced the file.
3. In what year is the office of the Coroner first described?
4. What event forced Scotland Yard to begin examining the role of the coroner?
(a) The rise of murders.
(b) The Black Death.
(c) The Plague.
(d) The failure to find Jack the Ripper.
5. How often could autopsies be performed in Massachusetts?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every four years.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once every ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outside ME's issued cause of death in the Stewart case?
2. In Chapter Two, what actually caused the death of the man being autopsied in fear of small pox?
3. What did Baden find in the pilot of Flight 66?
4. Where were the survivors of Flight 66 sitting?
5. What does Baden note about the symmetry of the human body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why there was controversy surrounding the death of Elvis.
2. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
3. Explain why Baden chose forensic medicine as his profession.
4. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
5. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
6. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
7. Explain what Baden notes occurs by the French Revolution as a way to bring bodies to medical schools for science.
8. Discuss why Baden believes how someone dies is a reflection of how they live.
9. List the three tests used to determine how long someone has been dead, and mention what they are.
10. Explain how ricin came into fame in 1978.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)