|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the outside ME's issued cause of death in the Stewart case?
(a) Death by choke hold.
(b) Death by drug overdose.
(c) Death by injury to the spine.
(d) Death by alcohol overdose.
2. What fact about the 'magic' bullet does Baden point out that explains its ability to travel through more than one person?
(a) The bullet was specially made.
(b) The bullet was not jacketed.
(c) The bullet was large.
(d) The bullet was made with a full metal jacket.
3. What do the police claim Frank Falco used to pretend he had a gun?
(a) A Coke bottle.
(b) A Pepsi bottle.
(c) A wooden gun.
(d) His finger.
4. What were resurrectionists during the time of the French Revolution?
(b) Medical students.
(c) Medical examiners.
(d) Grave robbers.
5. Why did Baden not do an autopsy on Nelson Rockefeller?
(a) He didn't want to cause controversy.
(b) He didn't want to report a suicide.
(c) He didn't want to get involved.
(d) He was given a death certificate by his own physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was missing from the body of the bishop on Flight 66?
2. Why does Baden believe Levine was convicted at all costs?
3. What do some list as a reason to believe Marilyn Monroe was murdered?
4. Who was the first victim on which autopsy was performed in a murder investigation?
5. Why did Baden fail to change the cause of death on the Soman case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is psychosis with exhaustion, according to Baden?
2. Describe how Baden explains why the father of the female drug addict in Chapter Two has little emotion.
3. Many cases are mentioned in Chapter Four that others point to as proof that Baden made poor judgments while acting as ME. What is his defense, in general, for the accusations?
4. Explain how the body of the mafioso was identified.
5. Explain how ricin came into fame in 1978.
6. Explain Baden's experience of the convergence of hospital medicine and the morgue, and why the event had an impact on him.
7. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
8. Explain what Baden notes occurs by the French Revolution as a way to bring bodies to medical schools for science.
9. What does Baden note in Chapter One is the price of fame when a celebrity dies, and why?
10. Describe why Baden notes the conspiracy theorists' use of the head movement of Kennedy after his shooting leads to unreliable conclusions.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)