|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baden note about the FBI photographer at the scene of the autopsy?
(a) He had never done autopsy photos.
(b) His camera was insufficient for the job.
(c) He did not have clearance.
(d) He was overqualified.
2. Why does Baden believe Levine was convicted at all costs?
(a) The DA wanted a conviction to serve justice.
(b) The DA wanted a conviction to spare the family.
(c) Morgenthau's office had previously lost evidence, which allowed him to be set free.
(d) The ME wanted a raise.
3. What was the verdict in the Andre case?
(a) Andre was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
(b) Andre was found guilty.
(c) Andre was acquitted.
(d) Andre was never taken to trial.
4. Why does Baden challenge the autopsy finding of the Lindberg baby?
(a) There was blood flowing the wrong direction on the body.
(b) A fractured skull is not a true cause of death.
(c) The knife wounds did not match the murder weapon.
(d) The gunshot wound was too large to be from a .22.
5. In what year is the office of the Coroner first described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the property of a suicide victim during this time?
2. What does Baden claim happens at the site of an accident?
3. What did William Hare and William Burke do to obtain bodies to sell?
4. What does a cause of death of 'psychosis with exhaustion' really mean, according to Baden?
5. What two disciplines does Baden claim are combined in the medical examiner's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
2. Describe the symptoms of strangulation, as seen during autopsy.
3. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
4. Explain Baden's experience of the convergence of hospital medicine and the morgue, and why the event had an impact on him.
5. Describe how Baden explains why the father of the female drug addict in Chapter Two has little emotion.
6. Explain how Baden discovered the age, time of death, and identity of Katherine Howard.
7. What happened to much of the evidence in the Kennedy assassination case, and what does Baden believe occurred?
8. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
9. Many cases are mentioned in Chapter Four that others point to as proof that Baden made poor judgments while acting as ME. What is his defense, in general, for the accusations?
10. Explain the circumstances surrounding the guilty verdict of Harvey Crippen.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)