|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first medical examiner of New York City?
(a) Dr. Charles Norris.
(b) Henry Wilcox.
(c) Tammany Hall.
(d) John Mitchel.
2. Baden's patient at the end of Chapter Two suffers from what?
(a) An infection of the brain.
(b) An infection of the blood.
(c) An infection of the toe.
(d) An infection of the heart valve.
3. What was the end result of Baden's case?
(a) He was given a settlement.
(b) He was not reinstated.
(c) He was moved into a different position.
(d) He was reinstated.
4. What did Dan Reidy ask Wilbur Howard to do before he died?
(a) Ask for forgiveness.
(b) Bury his wife.
(c) Confess to police.
(d) Put a confession in a lock box.
5. What does Baden claim happens at the site of an accident?
(b) Abuse of the deceased.
(d) Body stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter Two, what do the doctors at the table of the woman who died believe was her cause of deathf?
2. In Chapter Two, what actually caused the death of the man being autopsied in fear of small pox?
3. How often could autopsies be performed in Massachusetts?
4. Why are many exotic poisons difficult to detect during autopsy?
5. What happened in St. Louis in 1973 that hindered MIA investigations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances in the case of the S&M nurse and doctor in Chapter Ten that led to the case being taken to a grand jury to process the nurse for homicide.
2. Describe briefly the position of coroner during the reign of King Richard I.
3. How did Baden know Paul Fried had not committed suicide?
4. Explain how Baden knew the hostages were killed by the guards.
5. Explain why doctors believed Sunny von Bulow was suffering from low blood sugar on her arrival the third time at the hospital, in spite of EMT belief that she was suffering an overdose.
6. Explain how the defense for Hendricks tried to argue the digestive system argument, and Baden's counter argument.
7. Explain the circumstances surrounding the guilty verdict of Harvey Crippen.
8. Briefly explain the case of Ann Hart.
9. Why did Kuklinski use cyanide, and how did Baden discover it on his victims?
10. Explain how and why Jascalevich killed the patients of other doctors.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)