|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Baden's Nobel prize winning mentors?
(a) Dickinson Richards and Nick Cave.
(b) Andre Richards and Dickinson Cournand.
(c) Andre Cournand and Nick Cave.
(d) Dickinson Richards and Andre Cournand.
2. Where did Humes place the gunshot wound to the head erroneously?
(a) Four inches too low.
(b) Four inches to the left of the actual wound.
(c) Four inches too high.
(d) Four inches to the right of the actual wound.
3. What happened to the status of a coroner over time?
(a) The status increased.
(b) The status was lost.
(c) There was no status.
(d) The status stayed the same.
4. What are characteristics of an alcoholic's liver?
(a) It is yellow with a fatty consistency.
(b) It looks like a thick calf's liver.
(c) It is white with red spots.
(d) It is much smaller than normal.
5. What is Baden's rebuttal to Morgenthau's accusation that he had misplaced evidence?
(a) He says he did not lose evidence.
(b) He admits he did lose evidence.
(c) He says his office did lose evidence, but that it was stolen by an unknown person.
(d) He says his office did lose evidence, but that Morgenthau stole it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the skin and blood of a victim to turn cherry-pink?
2. What does Baden note in Chapter Two always fascinated him?
3. What did Baden find in the pilot of Flight 66?
4. What were resurrectionists during the time of the French Revolution?
5. What happens to Baden's patient following his release from the hospital at the end of Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the body of Theresa Ferrara was identified and why there were different strands of hair on her torso.
2. Describe why Baden believes the dead woman at the fund raiser and the dead baby in the impoverished apartment represent the inequalities of life.
3. Describe the People vs. Levine case. What was the case, and why did Baden fail to do as he was asked by the DA?
4. What does Baden note in Chapter One is the price of fame when a celebrity dies, and why?
5. Describe the symptoms of strangulation, as seen during autopsy.
6. Explain the circumstances surrounding the guilty verdict of Harvey Crippen.
7. What was Humes' excuse about the faulty autopsy, and is this excuse valid?
8. Explain why Baden believes coroners are often in trouble as a result of their positions.
9. Explain how the body of the mafioso was identified.
10. Describe the blunders that occurred during the Levin and Chambers case.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)