|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did medical examiners have to decide between as a cause of death for Elvis?
(a) Drugs or gonorrhea.
(b) Cancer or heart disease,
(c) Heart disease or drugs.
(d) Cancer or drugs.
2. What case caused Oklahoma to establish a medical examiner position?
(a) The George Cole case.
(b) The Crippen case.
(c) The Tammany Hall case.
(d) The Charles Norris case.
3. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
(a) To find justice for the family.
(b) To err on the side of caution for the police.
(c) To pursue the truth at all consequences.
(d) To get a conviction, regardless of truth.
4. What did William Hare and William Burke do to obtain bodies to sell?
(a) Steal bodies from mortuaries.
(b) Steal bodies from hospitals.
(c) Murder people.
(d) Find bodies during war.
5. How are the majority of bodies identified?
(a) By bone scans.
(b) By family.
(c) By ID tags.
(d) By dental records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a coup injury?
2. What is the rule for jurisdiction when it comes to a dismembered body?
3. Who were Baden's Nobel prize winning mentors?
4. What is Baden's rebuttal to Morgenthau's accusation that he had misplaced evidence?
5. What is algor mortis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ways mentioned in Chapter Six to identify a body?
2. Explain what Baden notes occurs by the French Revolution as a way to bring bodies to medical schools for science.
3. Describe the event in Oklahoma that caused the state to create an office of medical examiner.
4. Explain the circumstances surrounding the guilty verdict of Harvey Crippen.
5. List the three tests used to determine how long someone has been dead, and mention what they are.
6. Explain how ricin came into fame in 1978.
7. Explain why identification of the victims of Flight 66 was hindered.
8. Many cases are mentioned in Chapter Four that others point to as proof that Baden made poor judgments while acting as ME. What is his defense, in general, for the accusations?
9. Summarize Baden's beliefs about what the DA expects an ME to do during autopsy, when issuing a cause of death or other findings.
10. In the end of Chapter One, the report given to the FBI suggests two shooters. Explain the event that prompted the committee to suggest this.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)