|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was Michael Privitiera killed?
(a) Stealing weapons.
(b) Starting fights.
(c) Leaking to reporters.
(d) Trying to escape.
2. What happened to Sunny von Bulow the third time she was hospitalized?
(a) She was saved, and went home.
(b) She died.
(c) She went into a coma.
(d) She was diagnosed with cancer.
3. How does cocaine kill people?
(a) Through stroke.
(b) Through suffocation.
(c) Through heart arrhythmia.
(d) Through nasal passage explosion.
4. How does Baden know Gail Morris died on Saturday, and not on Friday or Sunday?
(a) The maggot eggs in her eyes would not have hatched if she died on Friday.
(b) The maggot eggs in her eyes would have hatched if she died on Friday.
(c) He doesn't know when Gail Morris died.
(d) The maggot eggs in her eyes would have hatched if she died on Sunday.
5. What did Catherine steal while Paul was in the hospital?
(a) $6,000 and Paul's pre-nuptial agreement.
(b) $100,000 and Paul's will.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) $10,000 and Paul's will.
6. Where was the body of Daphne Mellon found?
(a) In the living room of a neighbor.
(b) In a sugar cane field.
(c) In the swamp.
(d) In her car.
7. Where did David Hendricks take his children to eat the night they were murdered?
(a) A pizza parlor.
(b) A fast food restaurant.
(c) They ate at home.
(d) A sub sandwich shop.
8. Why did Baden question Dr. Worthington's qualifications?
(a) He was a pathologist.
(b) He was a urologist.
(c) He was a psychologist.
(d) He was a neurologist.
9. How did the masochist doctor die at the end of Chapter Ten?
(a) He died from a heroin overdose.
(b) He died from a gunshot wound.
(c) He died from starvation.
(d) He died by asphyxiation.
10. What does Baden mention that can slow digestion by almost an hour?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Drinking vast quantities of water.
(c) Exercise and emotional state.
(d) Eating certain foods.
11. What method does Baden use to determine time of death for John Belushi?
(a) Algor mortis.
(b) Rigor mortis.
(c) Livor mortis.
(d) Rigor mortis, livor mortis, and algor mortis.
12. What leads investigators to ask for Baden's assistance with Dr. Brown's murder?
(a) They find no traces of drugs in Dr. Brown's system.
(b) They find no body, but traces of burnt flesh.
(c) They find soot in the airway, but no carbon monoxide.
(d) They find carbon monoxide, but no soot in the airway.
13. What does Baden claim about the "cardiorespiratory arrest" cause of death issued for Joseph?
(a) It assumes no unnatural cause.
(b) It is a wastebasket diagnosis.
(c) It assumes murder.
(d) It is an accurate diagnosis.
14. What is the proof of cyanide poisoning Baden finds in the bodies that is crucial to the case?
(a) The smell of bitter almonds is present.
(b) Cyanide is found in the tissue.
(c) There is lividity in the bodies.
(d) Baden didn't find proof of cyanide poisoning.
15. How did Baden know Fried's death was not suicide by overdose?
(a) He had low levels of cocaine in his system.
(b) He had low levels of heroin in his system.
(c) He did not have any drugs in his system.
(d) He had low levels of barbiturates in his system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is exhumation done early in the morning?
2. Why were MEs suspicious of the number of SIDS deaths?
3. What did the funeral director miss when preparing the body for funeral?
4. What does Baden claim in the cause of failure for the ME system?
5. Why was Sunny von Bulow hospitalized the second time?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)