|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The baby Baden is called to investigate immediately following the death of the lady at the benefit died from what?
(b) Small pox.
2. In Chapter Two, what actually caused the death of the man being autopsied in fear of small pox?
(b) Chicken pox.
3. What did Baden find in the pilot of Flight 66?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Prostate cancer.
(c) Hardened arteries.
(d) A damaged windpipe.
4. What case does Baden believe was a triumph for forensic medicine in 1910?
(a) The Triffin murder case.
(b) The Jack the Ripper case.
(c) The William Hogarth case.
(d) The Crippen murder case.
5. What case caused Oklahoma to establish a medical examiner position?
(a) The George Cole case.
(b) The Crippen case.
(c) The Charles Norris case.
(d) The Tammany Hall case.
6. What did Dan Reidy ask Wilbur Howard to do before he died?
(a) Put a confession in a lock box.
(b) Confess to police.
(c) Bury his wife.
(d) Ask for forgiveness.
7. What does Baden note in Chapter Two always fascinated him?
8. What trait does Baden note forensic pathologists have to have?
(a) They have to prefer academic medicine.
(b) They have to be comfortable in the limelight.
(c) They have to be emotional.
(d) They have to hate publicity.
9. What are signs of strangulation?
(a) A fractured windpipe and hemorrhaging in the lungs.
(b) A fractured windpipe and hemorrhaging in the nose.
(c) A fractured windpipe and hemorrhaging in the eye.
(d) A fractured windpipe and hemorrhaging in the feet.
10. What did Baden give to the biologist that allowed him to give a time of death for the 55 year old woman of at least a year and a half?
(a) Fish samples.
11. What did medical examiners have to decide between as a cause of death for Elvis?
(a) Cancer or heart disease,
(b) Cancer or drugs.
(c) Drugs or gonorrhea.
(d) Heart disease or drugs.
12. What did Baden recommend to the MIA team?
(a) They should get a microscope.
(b) They should get an ME.
(c) They should get an anthropologist.
(d) They should get an Xray machine.
13. Why did Ann Hart sue the government?
(a) Misidentifying her remains.
(b) Misidentifying her husband's remains.
(c) Claiming her husband went AWOL.
(d) Sexual harassment.
14. What does Baden realize about Humes and Finck, the men who performed the original autopsy?
(a) Neither were in the military, and thus, did not have clearance.
(b) Both were trying to cover up the truth.
(c) Neither had previously done an autopsy this complex.
(d) Both were hired by the family.
15. Who were Baden's Nobel prize winning mentors?
(a) Andre Richards and Dickinson Cournand.
(b) Dickinson Richards and Andre Cournand.
(c) Dickinson Richards and Nick Cave.
(d) Andre Cournand and Nick Cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baden believe is the true cause of Thomas Noguchi's move to a teaching position?
2. What is a coup injury?
3. How long did it take Baden's wrongful dismissal suit to go to trial?
4. What does Baden learn after noting $40 on the body of a dead man in an apartment?
5. Why do the fallopian tubes of prostitutes show scarring during autopsy?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)