|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baden claim happens at the site of an accident?
(c) Abuse of the deceased.
(d) Body stealing.
2. What happened to the status of a coroner over time?
(a) There was no status.
(b) The status increased.
(c) The status was lost.
(d) The status stayed the same.
3. What is Baden's rebuttal to Morgenthau's accusation that he had misplaced evidence?
(a) He says his office did lose evidence, but that it was stolen by an unknown person.
(b) He says his office did lose evidence, but that Morgenthau stole it.
(c) He says he did not lose evidence.
(d) He admits he did lose evidence.
4. What does Baden note in Chapter Two always fascinated him?
5. What does Baden note about the symmetry of the human body?
(a) It is asymmetrical.
(b) It is symmetrical.
(c) It is always bigger on the left.
(d) It is always bigger on the right.
6. What disease does Humes purposefully leave out of the notes of the autopsy?
(a) Prostate cancer.
(d) Addison's disease.
7. Where were the survivors of Flight 66 sitting?
(a) In the rear of the plane.
(b) In the middle of the plane.
(c) In the front of the plane.
(d) In the cockpit.
8. What are symptoms of ricin poisoning?
(a) Heart palpitations, weakness, and numbing.
(b) Sweating, sore joints, and headache.
(c) Abdominal pain, cramps, and dehydration.
(d) Sore throat, cough, and sneezing.
9. What did Humes do with his original notes from the autopsy?
(a) He edited them.
(b) He published them.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He lost them.
10. What is Baden's rebuttal to Ferrer's accusation that he had hired four people without authorization?
(a) That he had, in fact, done so.
(b) That he had hired them, but without pay.
(c) That he had not hired anyone.
(d) That he did not have the authority to hire anyone without Ferrer's approval.
11. What were the complaints against Baden as ME by Morgenthau and Ferrer?
(a) He is uncooperative, and improper with other staff members.
(b) He has bad judgment, is uncooperative, and lies to protect himself.
(c) He lies on the stand to protect the DA.
(d) He is a sloppy administrator, has bad judgment, and an uncooperative attitude.
12. What does Baden believe the group proved, beyond a doubt?
(a) Kennedy was killed by the government.
(b) Kennedy was shot by a single shooter.
(c) There were two shooters during the Kennedy assassination.
(d) Kennedy was not assassinated.
13. Who were Baden's Nobel prize winning mentors?
(a) Andre Richards and Dickinson Cournand.
(b) Dickinson Richards and Nick Cave.
(c) Dickinson Richards and Andre Cournand.
(d) Andre Cournand and Nick Cave.
14. What happened in St. Louis in 1973 that hindered MIA investigations?
(a) There was a flood that damaged military records.
(b) There was a tornado that damaged military records.
(c) There was a fire that burned military records.
(d) There was a computer crash that lost military records.
15. What case does Baden believe was a triumph for forensic medicine in 1910?
(a) The Crippen murder case.
(b) The William Hogarth case.
(c) The Triffin murder case.
(d) The Jack the Ripper case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first victim on which autopsy was performed in a murder investigation?
2. Where did Baden moonlight during his residency?
3. What did Baden give to the biologist that allowed him to give a time of death for the 55 year old woman of at least a year and a half?
4. What is rigor mortis?
5. What do the police claim Frank Falco used to pretend he had a gun?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)