|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Baden's rebuttal to Morgenthau's accusation that he had misplaced evidence?
(a) He says his office did lose evidence, but that it was stolen by an unknown person.
(b) He says he did not lose evidence.
(c) He admits he did lose evidence.
(d) He says his office did lose evidence, but that Morgenthau stole it.
2. What did William Hare and William Burke do to obtain bodies to sell?
(a) Find bodies during war.
(b) Steal bodies from hospitals.
(c) Steal bodies from mortuaries.
(d) Murder people.
3. Why did Ann Hart sue the government?
(a) Misidentifying her remains.
(b) Misidentifying her husband's remains.
(c) Sexual harassment.
(d) Claiming her husband went AWOL.
4. What was the verdict in the Andre case?
(a) Andre was never taken to trial.
(b) Andre was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
(c) Andre was acquitted.
(d) Andre was found guilty.
5. Which autopsies are done incompetently much of the time?
(a) Car accident autopsies.
(b) Unnatural death autopsies.
(c) Suicide autopsies.
(d) Natural death autopsies.
6. What did Dan Reidy ask Wilbur Howard to do before he died?
(a) Put a confession in a lock box.
(b) Ask for forgiveness.
(c) Confess to police.
(d) Bury his wife.
7. What does Baden note in Chapter Two always fascinated him?
8. How do the police catch Thomas Trantino?
(a) He surrenders.
(b) He is captured at work.
(c) He is captured at home.
(d) He is killed.
9. What do the police claim Frank Falco used to pretend he had a gun?
(a) His finger.
(b) A wooden gun.
(c) A Pepsi bottle.
(d) A Coke bottle.
10. What case caused Oklahoma to establish a medical examiner position?
(a) The Crippen case.
(b) The Charles Norris case.
(c) The Tammany Hall case.
(d) The George Cole case.
11. What does Baden note about the symmetry of the human body?
(a) It is symmetrical.
(b) It is asymmetrical.
(c) It is always bigger on the left.
(d) It is always bigger on the right.
12. What were resurrectionists during the time of the French Revolution?
(b) Medical students.
(c) Grave robbers.
(d) Medical examiners.
13. Why did Baden not do an autopsy on Nelson Rockefeller?
(a) He didn't want to report a suicide.
(b) He didn't want to cause controversy.
(c) He didn't want to get involved.
(d) He was given a death certificate by his own physician.
14. Who were Baden's Nobel prize winning mentors?
(a) Andre Richards and Dickinson Cournand.
(b) Dickinson Richards and Nick Cave.
(c) Dickinson Richards and Andre Cournand.
(d) Andre Cournand and Nick Cave.
15. What is Baden's rebuttal to Ferrer's accusation that he had hired four people without authorization?
(a) That he had not hired anyone.
(b) That he did not have the authority to hire anyone without Ferrer's approval.
(c) That he had hired them, but without pay.
(d) That he had, in fact, done so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Baden's first homicide case?
2. Who was the first victim on which autopsy was performed in a murder investigation?
3. How often could autopsies be performed in Massachusetts?
4. How did Furue claim he matched the bones to the missing person list?
5. What does Baden believe is the end goal of the DA?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)