|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of isolated events"?
2. According to the friend who advised Reta as a young writer, what do obituaries contain?
(a) The dough of life.
(b) The seeds of life.
(c) The putty of life.
(d) The soil of life.
3. The nature of _______dominates the conversation between Reta and Danielle at lunch.
4. What is the name of the third novel in Reta's trilogy?
(a) Autumn Thyme.
(b) Spring Thyme.
(c) Winter Thyme.
(d) Summer Thyme.
5. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
(a) Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works as a trombonist?
2. For what dish did Lois win a prize at the Orangetown Fair?
3. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he is filled with admiration for what?
4. What is the name of the place Reta meets her friends on Tuesdays?
5. How does Reta sign her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)