|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Arthur suggest for Reta's novel?
(c) Bear Fruit.
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Danielle's obstacles.
(b) Reta's mind.
(c) Emma's loss.
(d) Norah's world.
3. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(b) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
4. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he is filled with admiration for what?
(a) Reta's talent.
(b) Alicia's goodness.
(c) Roman's faith.
(d) Norah's resolve.
5. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
(a) Because she wants Reta to focus on rescuing Norah.
(b) Because she thinks Reta's first novel wasn't very good.
(c) Because she wants Reta to translate another one of her books.
(d) Because she considers writing fiction a trivial pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lois, who makes fun of the list in her recipe box?
2. What newspaper does Emily Helt write for?
3. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
5. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)