|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
(a) Reta is going to publish it.
(b) Reta is not going to send it.
(c) Reta is going to burn it.
(d) Reta is actually going to send it.
2. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
(a) Fruit and chocolate.
(b) A brush and comb.
(c) A tracksuit and soap.
(d) A thermos and gloves.
3. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
(b) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(c) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
(d) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
4. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
(a) Give everything away to other homeless people.
(b) Give some of the items to other homeless people.
(c) Save the package but refuse to open it.
(d) Throw everything away instead of using it.
5. What is the name of the third novel in Reta's trilogy?
(a) Spring Thyme.
(b) Winter Thyme.
(c) Summer Thyme.
(d) Autumn Thyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
2. What does Francis Quinn tell Reta and Tom about the gloves Norah has been wearing?
3. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
4. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
5. Whose obituary does Reta read in the Globe and Mail?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)