Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great themes of literature does Reta tell Helt she learned while in high school?
(a) Birth, death, good, evil, and sympathy.
(b) Birth, death, work, suffering, and understanding.
(c) Birth, love, work, goodness, and sympathy.
(d) Birth, death, love, connections, work, and understanding.
2. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
(a) Because she wants Reta to focus on rescuing Norah.
(b) Because she wants Reta to translate another one of her books.
(c) Because she thinks Reta's first novel wasn't very good.
(d) Because she considers writing fiction a trivial pursuit.
3. In the short story that Reta writes her letter about, what does the Czech professor see in the medical supply shop that disgusts him?
(a) An oxygen tank.
(b) A mastectomy bra.
(c) A colostomy bag.
(d) An artifical limb.
4. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
5. In the story, who does Reta think the Czech professor must hate?
(a) The reader.
(b) The writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalie remind her family about how long Norah has been wearing her garden gloves?
2. What does Reta think of Helt's assessment of her first novel?
3. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
4. What does Lois tell Arthur she attended many years ago?
5. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)