|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lost her own son to a heroin overdose?
2. What does Arthur accidentally knock over during his first visit at Reta's?
(a) A glass vase.
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) A book.
(d) A serving platter.
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
(a) That Mary's life was hard.
(b) That Mary would be proud.
(c) That the stone mason made a mistake.
(d) That the inscription is apt.
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
(b) Norah's psychiatrist.
(c) A television host.
(d) Reta's writing teacher.
5. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
(a) Reta is not going to send it.
(b) Reta is actually going to send it.
(c) Reta is going to publish it.
(d) Reta is going to burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the cause of the condition of Norah's hands?
2. In the story, who does Reta think the Czech professor must hate?
3. Who has been appointed to a university Chair in Theology?
4. What is the name of the place Reta meets her friends on Tuesdays?
5. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)