Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) English and German.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) English and French.
2. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A child's report card.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) An invitation to a baby shower.
3. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
4. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Reta's coffee.
(d) Green tea.
5. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
(a) A perfect woman.
(b) An imperfect woman.
(c) An evil woman.
(d) A trustworthy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
2. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
3. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
4. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Reta and Lois's relationship.
2. How does the American election results in Florida that Tom, Christine, and Natalie watch relate to Norah's absence?
3. How does Reta respond to the death of Mr. Scribano and how is it significant?
4. How are Reta's feelings about sex related to her writing about Alicia and Roman?
5. Why does Danielle believe that Norah has embraced her powerlessness in society by living as a homeless person?
6. As Reta and Arthur have their heated discussion, what three things happen that interrupt them that provide comic relief to the serious conversation?
7. Describe life in the Winters' household.
8. Why does Reta wake up with anxiety about cleaning her house?
9. According to Gemma Walsh, Reta's friend who has been appointed Chair of Theology, the Christian faith is balance on the words "already" and "not yet." Why does Reta find this significant?
10. Why does Reta sign her letter to Dennis Ford-Halpern, "Yours, Rita Orange d'Ville"?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)