|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her editor, Arthur.
(b) Her mentor, Danielle.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
3. In January, what has Reta left in limbo since her last conversation with Arthur Springer?
(a) Visiting Norah.
(b) Writing her novel.
(c) Talking to Danielle.
(d) Translating Danielle's book.
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They were intimate the first time they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(d) He was seeing another woman when they met.
5. What date does Arthur Springer agree to meet with Reta in 2001?
(a) January 30th.
(b) January 19th.
(c) January 2nd.
(d) January 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
3. How does Reta sign her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail?
4. Who does Arthur frighten when he accidentally knocks over the object at Reta's house?
5. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)