|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
(a) Because Norah told them something terrible happened.
(b) Because Norah has made such a drastic change in her life.
(c) Because they heard something terrible may have happened to Norah.
(d) Because they witnessed something terrible happening to Norah.
2. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
(b) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(c) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
(d) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
3. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The first draft of her next novel.
(b) The first draft of her new novel.
(c) The final draft of her next novel.
(d) The final draft of her new novel.
4. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Danielle's obstacles.
(b) Reta's mind.
(c) Norah's world.
(d) Emma's loss.
5. According to Lois, what year did her husband die?
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
2. According to Reta, what is the most egregious change Arthur suggests she make in her novel?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. What is Helt's central thesis in her review of a female author?
5. In her letter to the short story writer, Reta hints that a single _________ moment was caught on videotape.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)