|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
(a) They see the presidential speech as a contradiction to the realities of the Iraq war.
(b) They see the election results in Florida as a contradiction to the checks and balances system in the constitution.
(c) They see the Indy 500 as a contradiction to public concern for safety.
(d) They see the Kentucky Derby as a contradiction to government regulation of gambling.
2. What does Francis Quinn tell Reta and Tom about the gloves Norah has been wearing?
(a) That Norah wears them to bed.
(b) That Norah wears them in the bath.
(c) That Norah wears them to pray.
(d) That Norah wears them at dinner.
3. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(b) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
4. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what does Reta state she has missed out on?
(c) Some indefinable something.
(d) Something definable.
5. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
(a) The sky above them.
(b) An old oak tree.
(c) The icy field.
(d) A stone monument.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Reta initially attribute Norah's disappearance to when she first goes missing?
2. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
3. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
4. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
5. What date does Arthur Springer agree to meet with Reta in 2001?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)