|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
(b) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
(c) Because it is run for battered women.
(d) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
2. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her writing career.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her home.
4. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Mr. Scribano.
(b) Alexander Valkner.
(c) Emma Allen.
(d) Danielle Westerman.
5. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
(a) Because her book needs a lot of work.
(b) Because he is concerned Reta will miss a deadline.
(c) Because he has not received her book.
(d) Because he has been thinking about Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
2. What does Lois tell Arthur she attended many years ago?
3. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
4. Who does Arthur frighten when he accidentally knocks over the object at Reta's house?
5. What is Norah doing when Reta first sees her in the hospital?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)