|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme to Forgive.
(b) Thyme in Mind.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) Thyme is Timeless.
2. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(b) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(c) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The loss of truth.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The nature of goodness.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he is more successful than she is.
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) Tom Winters
(c) Madame Sylvia.
(d) Colin Glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Norah does Lois Winters ask every night at dinner?
2. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
3. What newspaper does Emily Helt write for?
4. Who does Arthur frighten when he accidentally knocks over the object at Reta's house?
5. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)