|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
2. According to Lois, what year did her husband die?
3. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
(a) The least important.
(b) The worst.
(c) The best.
(d) The most important.
4. What does Tracy Halliday want a huge jar of marbles to represent for Norah?
(a) The number of visitors Norah will have on her street corner.
(b) The number of Saturdays in Norah's life if she were to live to be eighty.
(c) The number of memories Tracy has of her.
(d) The number of prayers Norah's family has said for her.
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(c) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
2. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
3. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
4. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
5. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)