|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helt's central thesis in her review of a female author?
(a) That male writers are better at writing about feelings.
(b) That male writers are not as skilled as women writers.
(c) That women writers are not as skilled as male writers.
(d) That women writers are only concerned with feelings.
2. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
3. What does Tracy Halliday want a huge jar of marbles to represent for Norah?
(a) The number of memories Tracy has of her.
(b) The number of visitors Norah will have on her street corner.
(c) The number of Saturdays in Norah's life if she were to live to be eighty.
(d) The number of prayers Norah's family has said for her.
4. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The University of Toronto.
(b) The psychiatric hospital.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The hostel.
5. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
(a) Whether Norah has used a razor in a suicide attempt.
(b) Whether someone else has hurt Norah.
(c) Whether Norah has fallen and hurt herself.
(d) Whether Norah has made unsavory friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What title does Arthur suggest for Reta's novel?
4. What month does Reta finally meet Arthur Springer for the first time at her home?
5. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)