|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
(a) How much her characters should be like her readers.
(b) How many points of view should be given.
(c) How much background information should be given.
(d) How many metaphors and similes should be used.
2. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
(a) That Mary would be proud.
(b) That the stone mason made a mistake.
(c) That the inscription is apt.
(d) That Mary's life was hard.
3. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(c) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
4. Whose obituary does Reta read in the Globe and Mail?
(a) Paula Hemingway.
(b) Pam Horton.
(c) Peter Harding.
(d) Paul Hillsdale.
5. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
(a) Reta is going to publish it.
(b) Reta is not going to send it.
(c) Reta is actually going to send it.
(d) Reta is going to burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
2. Who does Arthur frighten when he accidentally knocks over the object at Reta's house?
3. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
4. What newspaper does Emily Helt write for?
5. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)