|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been able to distract Reta from grieving for Norah?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her novel.
(d) Her house.
2. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what does Reta state she has missed out on?
(a) Something definable.
(b) Some indefinable something.
3. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
(b) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(c) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
(d) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The way to forgiveness.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The nature of goodness.
5. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
(a) Jean Chretrien.
(b) Kim Campbell.
(c) John Turner.
(d) Pierre Trudeau.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
2. According to Lois, who makes fun of the list in her recipe box?
3. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
4. Why is Reta alarmed by the sight of Norah's hands?
5. In the short story that Reta writes her letter about, what does the Czech professor see in the medical supply shop that disgusts him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)