|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Mr. Scribano.
(c) Mrs. Scribano.
(d) Mrs. Lawrence.
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
3. What is Helt's central thesis in her review of a female author?
(a) That women writers are not as skilled as male writers.
(b) That male writers are better at writing about feelings.
(c) That male writers are not as skilled as women writers.
(d) That women writers are only concerned with feelings.
4. According to the friend who advised Reta as a young writer, what do obituaries contain?
(a) The seeds of life.
(b) The dough of life.
(c) The putty of life.
(d) The soil of life.
5. What does Reta think of Helt's assessment of her first novel?
(a) Reta agrees with Helt and is glad to be regarded as a serious writer.
(b) Reta disagrees with Helt and does not want to be disregarded as a serious writer.
(c) Reta agrees with Helt but does not want to be disregarded as a serious writer.
(d) Reta disagrees with Helt but is glad to be regarded as a serious writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
2. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
4. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
5. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)