|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Andrea and Ramon.
(b) Alicia and Roman.
(c) Alice and Robert.
(d) Amy and Richard.
2. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
(a) Because he wants to meet before he leaves the country.
(b) Because he wants her to give a reading at a major bookstore.
(c) Because he wants her to sign a six figure book deal.
(d) Because he wants to have a conference before she finishes the first draft.
3. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Mrs. Lawrence.
(c) Mrs. Scribano.
(d) Mr. Scribano.
4. In the short story that Reta writes her letter about, what does the Czech professor see in the medical supply shop that disgusts him?
(a) A colostomy bag.
(b) An oxygen tank.
(c) An artifical limb.
(d) A mastectomy bra.
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
(a) So that he can share it with his colleagues.
(b) So that he can correct her grammar.
(c) So that he can make sure she is doing a good job.
(d) So that he can help her in the writing of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her letter to the short story writer, Reta hints that a single _________ moment was caught on videotape.
2. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
3. Who works as a trombonist?
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
5. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)