|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
2. What anomaly does Lois tell Arthur she sees on the oak tree outside her window?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A nest.
(c) A lone leaf.
(d) A dead branch.
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Esther Alford.
(d) Edith Ackman.
4. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
(a) Pierre Trudeau.
(b) Kim Campbell.
(c) Jean Chretrien.
(d) John Turner.
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Loss of Love.
(b) The Forgiving Fall.
(c) The Virtue of Victory.
(d) The Goodness Gap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
2. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
4. What does Reta think of Helt's assessment of her first novel?
5. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)