|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
2. When Reta leaves Arthur in the house by himself to go to the hospital, what does he do?
(a) Watches television and drinks wine.
(b) Reads a book and has coffee.
(c) Cleans the kitchen.
(d) Sleeps on the couch.
3. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
(a) Reta is actually going to send it.
(b) Reta is not going to send it.
(c) Reta is going to burn it.
(d) Reta is going to publish it.
4. What does Reta mention in her letter about the obituary that she wants from the universe?
5. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
(a) Her approval of Ben.
(b) Her disapproval of Norah.
(c) Her disapproval of Ben.
(d) Her approval of Norah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
2. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
3. What anomaly does Lois tell Arthur she sees on the oak tree outside her window?
4. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
5. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)