|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta remember about Tom's childhood as they walk in the cemetery?
(a) She remembers that his father was in the army.
(b) She remembers that his family lost their fortune.
(c) She remembers that his mother was a terrible housekeeper.
(d) She remembers that Tom ran away from home.
2. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because it is only in her mind.
(b) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(c) Because she lost it on the computer.
(d) Because she thinks it is terrible.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Marriage and divorce.
(b) Literary matters.
(c) Feminist intellectuals.
(d) Children of war.
5. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
(a) Because she wants Reta to focus on rescuing Norah.
(b) Because she wants Reta to translate another one of her books.
(c) Because she considers writing fiction a trivial pursuit.
(d) Because she thinks Reta's first novel wasn't very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
2. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
3. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
4. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)