|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
(a) By imposing stricter vagrancy laws.
(b) By sacrificing happiness for honor.
(c) By giving speeches across the country.
(d) By allowing them to be fully human.
2. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Freedom of expression.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
3. According to Tom, what is the cause of the condition of Norah's hands?
(a) Second-degree burns.
(b) A fight.
(d) A fall.
4. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
5. Why does Lois knock on the door to investigate when Arthur is in the house by himself?
(a) Lois comes to investigate after waiting for the usual signs for dinner.
(b) Lois comes to investigate after hearing a loud noise.
(c) Lois comes to investigate after seeing Arthur close the curtains.
(d) Lois comes to investigate after seeing a stranger lurking outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
3. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
4. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)