|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
(a) That it was well-written and complex.
(b) That it was quickly written and a light read.
(c) That it was entertaining but poorly written.
(d) That it was laborious and difficult to understand.
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The first draft of her next novel.
(b) The final draft of her next novel.
(c) The final draft of her new novel.
(d) The first draft of her new novel.
3. In her review of a female author, Helt states that all relationships are seen through the lens of what?
(a) Erotic love.
(b) Sexual harmony.
(c) Sensual yearning.
(d) Platonic longing.
4. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
(a) How many metaphors and similes should be used.
(b) How much background information should be given.
(c) How much her characters should be like her readers.
(d) How many points of view should be given.
5. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The two main characters in her novel.
(b) The bad news on television.
(c) The upcoming holidays.
(d) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Reta finally meet Arthur Springer for the first time at her home?
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
3. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
4. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
5. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)