|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the exception Reta is going to make regarding the letter to the short story writer?
(a) Reta is going to burn it.
(b) Reta is actually going to send it.
(c) Reta is going to publish it.
(d) Reta is not going to send it.
2. What date does Arthur Springer agree to meet with Reta in 2001?
(a) January 4th.
(b) January 30th.
(c) January 2nd.
(d) January 19th.
3. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
(a) So that he can correct her grammar.
(b) So that he can make sure she is doing a good job.
(c) So that he can help her in the writing of it.
(d) So that he can share it with his colleagues.
4. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(b) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(c) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
(d) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her mentor, Danielle.
(c) Her old friend, Gwen.
(d) Her editor, Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is the most egregious change Arthur suggests she make in her novel?
2. Who does Arthur frighten when he accidentally knocks over the object at Reta's house?
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
4. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
5. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)