|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Reta leaves Arthur in the house by himself to go to the hospital, what does he do?
(a) Sleeps on the couch.
(b) Cleans the kitchen.
(c) Watches television and drinks wine.
(d) Reads a book and has coffee.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
3. What month does Reta finally meet Arthur Springer for the first time at her home?
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For taking them to dinner.
(b) For throwing a party for Christine.
(c) For not naming her Ophelia.
(d) For being a great mom.
5. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
(a) How much her characters should be like her readers.
(b) How much background information should be given.
(c) How many metaphors and similes should be used.
(d) How many points of view should be given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
2. What subjects are Christine and Natalie studying for their exams?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)